Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, AdSense, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, bartgtfc, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, biggleswademariner, BulkyMariner, Captaincod, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, cjbill, Connecticut Mariner, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, Epworth Mariner, EvilFish, forza ivano, GollyGTFC, Googlebot, grassbandits, GrimExile, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hagrid, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, Knut Anders Fosters Voles, krispy84, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, louth_in_the_south, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, mariner91, Mariner93er, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Matthew, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, percentagefootball, pontoonlew, Poojah, Roast Em Bobby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, ScottyUTM, scott, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spidey, SpiritOf98, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, SWMariner, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, thevera, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WOZOFGRIMSBY, Zmariner and 613 Guests

Lincoln City

This thread currently has 36,529 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
WesternMariner
April 27, 2024, 10:16pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +948
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from David Frazer
Hi All im just back from the pub ! Defeated by the champions but not disappointed! Penalty miss ( a leg slip ) at 0-0 and then got picked off twice having to go for it with other results.
Again like Yoda,It Bites is talking rubbish.However i can tell you in 5yrs time you wont be 7th in league 1 ,you wont have got out of the league your in nowunless you seriously get your act together on and off the field you maybe back in non league.You also will still be in your rotten ,cesspit of a ground.

Have a nice summer

Dave Frazer the Lincoln fan who gets home from the pub, kicks his sister and sh@gs the cat. Never mind lad keep trying.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 312
Yoda
April 27, 2024, 11:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Grimsby Town profit last season 250k
Lincoln loss 4 million again 4th season running.

I think we will be here in 5 seasons time not so sure about your lot though. lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 312
LocalLadGTFC
April 28, 2024, 12:07am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 137
Sincil Bank makes Barrow look like Barcelona… don’t throw stones whilst in glass houses and all that 🤣
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 302 - 312
GollyGTFC
April 28, 2024, 10:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,056
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Yoda
Grimsby Town profit last season 250k
Lincoln loss 4 million again 4th season running.

I think we will be here in 5 seasons time not so sure about your lot though. lol

Don't be daft, Scunthorpe were regularly losing that sort of money in L1 and it worked out well for them,
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 303 - 312
LH
April 28, 2024, 11:15am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,598
Gold Stars: 175
Quoted from David Frazer
Hi All im just back from the pub ! Defeated by the champions but not disappointed! Penalty miss ( a leg slip ) at 0-0 and then got picked off twice having to go for it with other results.
Again like Yoda,It Bites is talking rubbish.However i can tell you in 5yrs time you wont be 7th in league 1 ,you wont have got out of the league your in nowunless you seriously get your act together on and off the field you maybe back in non league.You also will still be in your rotten ,cesspit of a ground.

Have a nice summer

Tweet 1784310052439896195 will appear here...

Private Message
Reply: 304 - 312
Zmariner
April 28, 2024, 12:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from David Frazer
Well lets face it ,the mighty mariners arent going to be able to have a go anytime soon are you.

Oh maybe if we grant you a pre season training game which nobody cares about!

Anyway buy your season tkts and you can raise funds for your new bogs

There are some decent Lincoln fans who come on here occasionally, I would imagine that they are embarrassed by you. You get bell ends in all walks of life and that is just you. See you… you’re a bell end you are and because there is so little in your life you keep coming back on here. It is like your dummy , I am sure that we will hear from you soon. Many of us would have been very happy for Lincoln to win yesterday in spite of you.
Dummy time Frazer.
utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 312
NorfolkImp
April 28, 2024, 12:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -524
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from RonMariner
I will probably get slaughtered for this but think it would be great if Town, Lincoln, Scunny and Donny were all in L1 slugging it out in the top ten. Think of all those amazing darby games.

Yes, I hope Donny win the playoffs (can’t believe how good Adelakun has been for them since he left The Imps) and will no doubt sign permanently in the summer. Had some great nights out there in the late 80’s, 7th Heaven, White Bear, that church converted into a night spot, and the women were fitter than anything back home, who loved our posh accents 😉

As for yesterday, a step too far unfortunately. That penalty goes in and it’s a different story, but I do feel it was probably a season too early, although it’s vital to take an opportunity when it presents itself!

The £2m investment by the Fowler’s is perfectly timed however, to give Skoobs a full pre-season and a window to get his own players in.

So much to be positive about, both on and off the pitch, UTI 🔴⚪️

Private Message
Reply: 306 - 312
diehardmariner
April 28, 2024, 3:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,698
Gold Stars: 540
I'll ask you Norfolk Imp, as you seem slightly more sensible than David Frazer, I don't think he's a two-club warrior though so swings and roundabouts.  

When's the end game for these investors? £2mill is a lot of money but it's also sodomist all in the third tier of English football (a sickening thing to write!).  The improvement in Lincoln over the last 7-8 years is undeniable but largely built on constant investment, at some point those investors will want a return... When will that be and are you not concerned for the fall out if/when they cut their losses?

It's OK saying their investment has come in the form of shares not loans, but the spending of the club is aided by those investments. If they all pull out tomorrow, how do you fund the current long term contracts for next year, the year after etc?
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 312
A Brace Of Tees
April 28, 2024, 6:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +706
Gold Stars: 3
Yes I see that despite losing to Portsmouth yesterday, Lincoln have just about managed to avoid relegation to the 4th division.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 312
nealeardleyscrossing
April 29, 2024, 4:30pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner
I'll ask you Norfolk Imp, as you seem slightly more sensible than David Frazer, I don't think he's a two-club warrior though so swings and roundabouts.  

When's the end game for these investors? £2mill is a lot of money but it's also sodomist all in the third tier of English football (a sickening thing to write!).  The improvement in Lincoln over the last 7-8 years is undeniable but largely built on constant investment, at some point those investors will want a return... When will that be and are you not concerned for the fall out if/when they cut their losses?

It's OK saying their investment has come in the form of shares not loans, but the spending of the club is aided by those investments. If they all pull out tomorrow, how do you fund the current long term contracts for next year, the year after etc?

Well hopefully there is no end game - I am pretty certain most fans trust Clive Nates as he makes extremely sound decisions about the club. You are right though, even though we are not getting saddled with debt, if they stopped investing we would be back to where most teams are at this level and the level below. However, Kieran Maguire, footballs financial expert feels we are a well run club with sound investment. What I would say is we would be in a better position than your selves as we have some very saleable assets - which could help us rebuild. The keeper will go for more than a million and 1 or 2 others will go for similar amounts (Which is our model).

There are a few silly comments on here about us finishing 7th in league 1, which I think is a fantastic season - The extra revenue will allow us to build a more competitive team next year - Losing Derby and Pompy and potentially another big spending club helps - Birmingham will probably come down, but they are a basket case of a club.

I have said before on here that I thought you would be safe, and I have seen comments saying you will pass us by, but truthfully I am not sure what you are basing that on really - One of the reasons we have done well for the last 6 years is who we get loaned to us - Taylor this year is a prime example, I am not sure Grimsby would get those types of players due to outside perspectives of the club, training facilities etc. Whilst our ground is not a brilliant ground as mentioned on here earlier - We do spend large amounts on it - Stacey West development looks good, and we spent half a million on the pitch and thousands on the advertising (Digital around the entire pitch) and sound systems - Regardless of what people think, we are a progressive club and a very progressive City.

I think you will be better next season, but I am not sure that will be under your current manager. I have seen you mention our relationships with players from Ireland but that is 2 way as we loan them players too - They have done this now for a few years and we have managed to get their best players here, 1 of whom will go for a lot of money.

Your support is excellent, and you have a good history, albeit 20-25  years ago, but I am afraid it needs more - I would guess you would need 4-5 million per season in League 1 to be competitive - I would be interested in your current home, with yoiur current owners where that would come from?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 312
32 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lincoln City

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.