This thread currently has 5,636 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
JayF82
December 16, 2023, 11:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Approval: +13
Quoted from bedders78

We play in the regional EFL Youth Alliance (North East Conference) and are 2nd. 46 teams total at this level.

Millwall play one level up in Professional Development League (Southern) and are mid table. 21 teams total.

Forest play above this in the U18 Premier League (Northern) and are mid table 26 teams total.

Category 1, 2, 3 & 4
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
forza ivano
December 16, 2023, 11:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
I understand Cam gardener n brown were unplayable today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
Wyberway
December 18, 2023, 8:36pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +43
Quoted from JayF82
The U18s won there Youth Alliance Cup group today beating Wrexham in 2nd 5-1. Only the winners of the 5 northern groups progress to the quarter final where all the regions combine.
Great season so far 2nd in the league 4th round of FA Youth Cup which I’m told is the furthest Grimsby have been, should they progress it will be the furthest a Grimsby team have been in the prestigous cup. Quarter Finals of the Youth Alliance Cup.

I think that’s 15 unbeaten today.

Must be more scouts than supporters at their games recently. Hopefully we can get decent money for a few of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 19, 2023, 12:06am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Wyberway

Must be more scouts than supporters at their games recently. Hopefully we can get decent money for a few of them

Trying to get first dib dib dib on our players?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
Heisenberg
December 19, 2023, 5:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,047
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Wyberway

Did you used to live on Wybers Way, by any chance?! Well, if you did you were in good company - as a Wybers boy myself I remember Trevor Whymark lived on that road! I was very young at the time but remember a local town nut pointing him out to me, years before I started going. Unless it’s my mind that’s going?! But I don’t believe so.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
Meza
December 19, 2023, 7:26am

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Heisenberg

Did you used to live on Wybers Way, by any chance?! Well, if you did you were in good company - as a Wybers boy myself I remember Trevor Whymark lived on that road! I was very young at the time but remember a local town nut pointing him out to me, years before I started going. Unless it’s my mind that’s going?! But I don’t believe so.

Another Wybers boy.....same here Byland Grove.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
jimgtfc
December 19, 2023, 10:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Wyberway

I’d rather they stayed here and progressed to the first team, more chance of making some proper money if they’re good enough, rather than just the usual 10-20 grand compensation at youth level.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
forza ivano
December 19, 2023, 5:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from jimgtfc

I’d rather they stayed here and progressed to the first team, more chance of making some proper money if they’re good enough, rather than just the usual 10-20 grand compensation at youth level.

Wasn't £10k for Ben Grist!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
Wyberway
December 19, 2023, 5:35pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +43
Apparently Grist was £250k, which passes all the risk onto Leicester. If we could sell 2-3 of the youth squad for similar amounts, maybe with sell ons as well, then surely that’s the best option? Otherwise, I think they get lost between the youth team and the first team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
ska face
December 19, 2023, 5:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Where did Gardner come from anyway? Understand he’s from the north east but seem to remember it being mentioned we signed him from a team in the north west - was it Morecambe?
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Millwall next

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.