crusty ole pie
December 7, 2023, 7:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,350
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from GrimPol
Lets hope the team can play at BP again.

Was told it’s a requirement of the competition that games are played at the club’s stadium not the training grounds
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
forza ivano
December 7, 2023, 7:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from acko338
Good luck in their cup progress !

I hope that over the next couple of years, the Academy set up can find and develop more "of our own" players with good scouting, better conditions with any new training facilities ongoing for all player levels.

Combine Artell's previous Crewe experience with Woods current work, and hopefully there could be parental and young player trust to send them here to get a fair chance to make a career at our level, instead of obscurity in higher levels who are just scooping up everyone, regardless of cost, to be cast out whenever convenient !.

The man we need to keep hold of is Callum Lester.. Artell n 1878 really need to keep him on board n give him some career progression
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
Meza
December 7, 2023, 7:24pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,640
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Les Brechin

Maybe not! Their tie says Reading or Rotherham United or Hemel Hempstead Town so they've probably only got to the round 2 rounds before the one we've just won.

its Hemel Hempstead mate, what tier are they in again, yet have a youth team doing better than some.

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 49
TAGG
December 7, 2023, 8:13pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 126
Should be a decent crowd for this game I hope.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
LocalLadGTFC
December 7, 2023, 9:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,223
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from forza ivano

The man we need to keep hold of is Callum Lester.. Artell n 1878 really need to keep him on board n give him some career progression

Callum is a great guy, very family orientated and very settled in the area. I expect he'll take the role of Woodsy or a role in the first team in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 49
forza ivano
December 7, 2023, 10:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Callum is a great guy, very family orientated and very settled in the area. I expect he'll take the role of Woodsy or a role in the first team in the future.

I hope you're right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
gtfc_chris
December 8, 2023, 11:13am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from forza ivano

I took a role coaching the Academy some years ago and was assigned to work with Callum in the U9s. I ended up being there for 2 weeks at the threat of divorce (I had three football teams on the go taking up every evening and all weekend.... something had to give and at the time it was the sensible option to give up, with hindsight I should have binned the others off), but in those two weeks I possibly learned more from Callum than I had in the previous 5/6/7 years I'd been coaching. Very detailed, very good communicator, sets himself high standards and expects those around him to meet them and a very knowledgeable and competent coach too. Despite it only being two weeks and not really having a deep and personal conversation during that time it hasn't surprised me how he has progressed through, it was immediately apparent that he has a future in the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 8, 2023, 11:31am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Meza

its Hemel Hempstead mate, what tier are they in again, yet have a youth team doing better than some.

Same as Slough, National Lge South.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
JayF82
December 16, 2023, 9:41pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Approval: +13
Quoted from Poojah

Thanks Bedders. Appreciate that.

We played Millwall U18s pre season on tour in Italy.
We lost 2-1 but didn’t have Abo or Cribby then as hadn’t signed and also Cam Gardner, Cam Walsh wasn’t fit to play.  All four of those are in starting 11 if fit and an integral part of youth team this season.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
JayF82
December 16, 2023, 11:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Approval: +13
The U18s won there Youth Alliance Cup group today beating Wrexham in 2nd 5-1. Only the winners of the 5 northern groups progress to the quarter final where all the regions combine.
Great season so far 2nd in the league 4th round of FA Youth Cup which I’m told is the furthest Grimsby have been, should they progress it will be the furthest a Grimsby team have been in the prestigous cup. Quarter Finals of the Youth Alliance Cup.

I think that’s 15 unbeaten today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Millwall next

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.