LocalLadGTFC
December 3, 2023, 8:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,222
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Captain Sensible

Wasn't it just a small demo set up next to the lower, at the Pontoon end?  Not really a trial.  Unless I've misremembered.

Yeah there was that, i'm sure there was something in the lower aswell but I could also be mis-remembering. I think the best idea i've seen is getting rid of that police box in the main stand. It's no longer used and the rooms in it was never used anyway, I remember when I was a mascot years and years ago, we played Wrexham at home and Richard Hope was there captain and that's where we got changed and that was literally all it was used for then. If it's still not used you could quite easily knock that down and get another 4/500 seats in that area at least.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 89
December 3, 2023, 9:02pm
Guest User
It's not a police box.  Other than spotters it's rare to see police inside the ground these days.

The upper section is the club's CCTV & comms room.  
There's a room to the rear underneath that last had washing machines in.

Not sure what the section underneath the cctv room overlooking the pitch is used for.

If replacing the tannoy system was quoted at hundreds of thousands I can't imagine how much the quote would be for moving the entire CCTV & comms setup.
There's a massive hidden cost there beyond just knocking it down.
Reply: 51 - 89
arryarryarry
December 3, 2023, 11:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 141269
It's not a police box.  Other than spotters it's rare to see police inside the ground these days.

Not sure what the section underneath the cctv room overlooking the pitch is used for.

If replacing the tannoy system was quoted at hundreds of thousands I can't imagine how much the quote would be for moving the entire CCTV & comms setup.

The room below overlooking the pitch is the P.A. box also where the scoreboard is operated from.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 89
grimps
December 4, 2023, 1:19pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from arryarryarry

The room below overlooking the pitch is the P.A. box also where the scoreboard is operated from.

I’m pretty sure the Score Board could be operated from a phone these days , same with the CCTV of its even still being used ?
I’d expect fans phones pick up more incidents than an aging CCTV system would anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 89
lew chaterleys lover
December 4, 2023, 2:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 141269

Is that true, the massive hidden cost? Obviously everything does come with a cost but I find it difficult to imagine it would be so expensive to move with technology as it is today.

If we get on a roll, and it would be prudent to increase capacity for all sorts of reasons surely we can overcome obstacles like this?

Private Message
Reply: 54 - 89
Limerick Mariner
December 4, 2023, 2:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,701
Gold Stars: 136
Its removal and extension of the Main Stand would also unrestrict the view of a couple of hundred main stand seats. It’s a no brainer to shift as a first stage to enhance the capacity. A glass fronted area at the back of an extension to the main stand would surely do the same job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 89
December 4, 2023, 3:17pm
Guest User
I'm not at all business savvy, so this may be laughable - but I'll give it a go.

The owners find a Business Or Rich Individual Sublettee (BORIS) for one of the open corners.

BORIS pays to construct seats/safe standing in the corner.

BORIS receives (say) 50% of the match revenue for that corner until the development costs are met, and thereafter gets 10% (?)
of the income from that corner in perpetuity (or until BP crumbles to the ground).
10% is a decent enough return I would guess?

Not sure how Jason and Andrew would feel about subletting parts of BP, but probably the biggest challenge is finding BORIS.

UTM

Reply: 56 - 89
arryarryarry
December 4, 2023, 3:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimps

I’m pretty sure the Score Board could be operated from a phone these days , same with the CCTV of its even still being used ?
I’d expect fans phones pick up more incidents than an aging CCTV system would anyway

I assume they must have a direct feed from the gantry so they can switch between the normal PC operation of the scoreboard and the goal replays they show.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 89
arryarryarry
December 4, 2023, 3:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 137
I'm not at all business savvy, so this may be laughable - but I'll give it a go.

The owners find a Business Or Rich Individual Sublettee (BORIS) for one of the open corners.

BORIS pays to construct seats/safe standing in the corner.

BORIS receives (say) 50% of the match revenue for that corner until the development costs are met, and thereafter gets 10% (?)
of the income from that corner in perpetuity (or until BP crumbles to the ground).
10% is a decent enough return I would guess?

Not sure how Jason and Andrew would feel about subletting parts of BP, but probably the biggest challenge is finding BORIS.

UTM

Not sure he would do that now he is no longer Prime Minister but I did see him just the other day on the news wearing his GTFC woolly hat.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 89
moosey_club
December 4, 2023, 9:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226

Is that true, the massive hidden cost? Obviously everything does come with a cost but I find it difficult to imagine it would be so expensive to move with technology as it is today.

If we get on a roll, and it would be prudent to increase capacity for all sorts of reasons surely we can overcome obstacles like this?

Commodore 64's are notoriously fragile when you unplug them, once the cassette player cools down it tangles the tape.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pack The Park

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.