lew chaterleys lover
December 1, 2023, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,728
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from crusty ole pie

FFS IF YOU BUY THEM AND LEAVE THEM IN PLACE IT IS NO LONGER TEMPORARY AND THEN YOU NEED PLANNING PERMISSION AND MEETGOD KNOWS HOW MANY LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AND £20 every two weeks would take years to  pay for themselves

Lots of clubs have temporary seating which is semi permanent, and of course there is no doubt some formalities to go through, but it is hardly insurmountable is it?

It can't be prohibitively expensive either as lots of clubs in non league have them.

It would seem the easiest short term solution wouldn't it if demand outstrips supply?
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 89
HerveJosse
December 1, 2023, 9:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ginnywings
There were plenty of building inspectors knocking around when we were doing the fan zone. The breeze block perimeter wall was done because they objected the metal one that was going to be erected.

Building inspectors are not responsible for planning, but I doubt the council weren't aware of what was going on.

I don't why why the subject of extra seating keeps getting dragged up every couple of months. The owners have made their position clear on the subject more than once. It's not economically viable.

The only statement they have made about temoratry seating was they were looking into it .

Making things up to justify your position does you no credit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 89
GrimPol
December 1, 2023, 9:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

If and when they do, we should lobby for one corner, ideally Harrington street, to be covered safe standing. That’s one relatively simple project that could yield good benefits in terms of attendance and the BP atmosphere; mates standing together - get that away game atmosphere at home. It’s how I grew up watching football and how I’d still like it to be.

Even simpler the Osmond-Main Stand corner. Still has the terraces and is covered. A trial to see if there is a market for standing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 89
ginnywings
December 1, 2023, 9:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HerveJosse

The only statement they have made about temoratry seating was they were looking into it .

Making things up to justify your position does you no credit.

Righto!

Glad you are around to steer my moral compass.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 89
Mappers
December 1, 2023, 10:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,338
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from ginnywings
There were plenty of building inspectors knocking around when we were doing the fan zone. The breeze block perimeter wall was done because they objected the metal one that was going to be erected.

Building inspectors are not responsible for planning, but I doubt the council weren't aware of what was going on.

I don't why why the subject of extra seating keeps getting dragged up every couple of months. The owners have made their position clear on the subject more than once. It's not economically viable.

It's not something of a priority is it , they have made that crystal clear (the capacity debate is something we can debate until the cows come home ) . Something I do think is a problem and although Stockwood & Pettit play it down they are not daft are they - the issue is priority and finance .

I think if it is ever possible a more permanent solution with the main stand will be the way to go tied in with better disabled facilities hopefully .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 89
Ash brown
December 1, 2023, 11:11pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +22
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

If and when they do, we should lobby for one corner, ideally Harrington street, to be covered safe standing. That’s one relatively simple project that could yield good benefits in terms of attendance and the BP atmosphere; mates standing together - get that away game atmosphere at home. It’s how I grew up watching football and how I’d still like it to be.

Great idea👏
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 89
grimsby pete
December 1, 2023, 11:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
When they remove the posts in the main stand carry on knock the police box down and put it in the corner near the fans zone nearer for the bobbies. to get a drink    

Carry on with permanent seating or safe standing to join the ponny.

Then that will save £50million because we won't need a new stadium for years if ever.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 89
crusty ole pie
December 3, 2023, 11:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,352
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from ginnywings

Someone speaking sense
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 89
DB
December 3, 2023, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ginnywings

I agree with you. We've posted and posted about a new ground, filling in the corners at BP, demolishing the Main Stand at BP ETC. It all would be nice but the cost has to be justified and as both JS & AP put it we do not have the numbers to fill BP, yet.

Perhaps we could do this again when we are promoted to L1 and, hopefully, numbers increase like they have done at Lincoln.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 89
IlkleyMariner
December 3, 2023, 12:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,013
Gold Stars: 69
Anyone who has been to the Peninsula stadium in Salford will know that the whole ground is built of modular, almost temporary seats and standing. And they rarely fill it.

I’m sure a structural engineer with half a brain could work out some cost effective options to expand capacity . That would put to bed some of the incomplete guesses we keep seeing on this board.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pack The Park

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.