WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 30, 2023, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Mappers

There looked less than 5k there last night looked empty to me maybe 3500 or something , atmosphere was awful from them can't help everyone being so spread out ; it's a very weird setup more  stewards than fans and cans of lager at the bar that could be pre poured so there isn't the long queue like at half time for away fans .Bizarre.

Last time I had a can at the ground was Salisbury away where they had to get an extra trestle table for the ‘big’ away following (I think it must’ve been about 200!!)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 89
RichMariner
November 30, 2023, 6:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
The best attendance we can hope for, presuming the away team sells out their full allocation e.g. Notts Co, is a touch over 8,000.

Not saying the capacity isn’t 9,000. I trust that it is.

Basically there’s always 8-10% that don’t turn up (holidays, weddings, stag dos, birthdays, illness, work, transport issues, etc).

So, when the club says it’s sold out, they probably have. But the number will never be 9,000.

It frustrates me when JS says we’re averaging only a touch over 6,000 so there are plenty of seats to fill. But those are attendance figures, not sales figures.

When we get a 6k attendance, the number of seats sold is more likely to be closer to 7k. And there will be a number of seats going spare in the away end that we can’t have.

So, in a crowd of ‘6,000’ there aren’t many seats available in the traditional home stands for floating fans to sit together.

Osmond is the only option. It’ll do, but it’s not where I wanna sit!

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 11 - 89
lew chaterleys lover
November 30, 2023, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,726
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from RichMariner
The best attendance we can hope for, presuming the away team sells out their full allocation e.g. Notts Co, is a touch over 8,000.

Not saying the capacity isn’t 9,000. I trust that it is.

Basically there’s always 8-10% that don’t turn up (holidays, weddings, stag dos, birthdays, illness, work, transport issues, etc).

So, when the club says it’s sold out, they probably have. But the number will never be 9,000.

It frustrates me when JS says we’re averaging only a touch over 6,000 so there are plenty of seats to fill. But those are attendance figures, not sales figures.

When we get a 6k attendance, the number of seats sold is more likely to be closer to 7k. And there will be a number of seats going spare in the away end that we can’t have.

So, in a crowd of ‘6,000’ there aren’t many seats available in the traditional home stands for floating fans to sit together.

Osmond is the only option. It’ll do, but it’s not where I wanna sit!

A major re-fit of BP obviously isn't on the cards at the moment, but with lots of local and big games in the new year tickets will be at a premium,  especially if we get on a roll under the new manager.

A nice problem to have but if we are spending essential money in other areas I don't know what the answer is.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 89
LocalLadGTFC
November 30, 2023, 7:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Pretty sure they mentioned at the fans forum something about the corners again and that may be something they look at down the line
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 89
GrimPol
November 30, 2023, 10:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from Mappers

There looked less than 5k there last night looked empty to me maybe 3500 or something , atmosphere was awful from them can't help everyone being so spread out ; it's a very weird setup more  stewards than fans and cans of lager at the bar that could be pre poured so there isn't the long queue like at half time for away fans .Bizarre.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 89
DB
December 1, 2023, 10:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from GrimPol

The best attendance though, in my opinion, was the 610 Mariner fans who attended.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 89
rancido
December 1, 2023, 3:53pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
I went to the MK Dons Stadium a few seasons back. Great place with lots of good food outlets close by but such a vanity project. It's far to big for any team outside the Championship and bigger than a lot of the ones at that level as well.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 89
Limerick Mariner
December 1, 2023, 4:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Pretty sure they mentioned at the fans forum something about the corners again and that may be something they look at down the line

If and when they do, we should lobby for one corner, ideally Harrington street, to be covered safe standing. That’s one relatively simple project that could yield good benefits in terms of attendance and the BP atmosphere; mates standing together - get that away game atmosphere at home. It’s how I grew up watching football and how I’d still like it to be.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 89
chelseacity
December 1, 2023, 4:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
I had a great time at Milton Keynes, i arrived at 6am, it was cold even then, i had some business to sort out there, but at 9am i was at the ground having a Costa coffee with my guest for the match, it is such an impressive stadium & the restaurants next to it along with the multi cinema & the massive stores make it such a great place to hang about, my guest told me its actually not in Milton Keynes but in Bletchley. What a fantastic performance by the players & those amazing supporters that follow Grimsby, many Championship teams don't get that type of following. Fill Blundell Park for the Crewe game please.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 89
LocalLadGTFC
December 1, 2023, 4:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

If and when they do, we should lobby for one corner, ideally Harrington street, to be covered safe standing. That’s one relatively simple project that could yield good benefits in terms of attendance and the BP atmosphere; mates standing together - get that away game atmosphere at home. It’s how I grew up watching football and how I’d still like it to be.

I don't know if i'm mistaken, but didn't we trial safe standing a few seasons back? Did anything ever come from that as I know of a few grounds that have a safe standing iniative
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pack The Park

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.