Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,321
Gold Stars: 118
Artells first home game against his former club

Friend for a fiver

The club need to push it a bit and fill the place out IMO

People will have the buzz back for now and time to act on it .
Logged Online
Private Message
diehardmariner
November 28, 2023, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
I definitely agree with the concept of getting behind the team, getting the ground full again etc.  

However I'm not sure the buzz is back just yet, certainly not for the floating fans.  For those who will go regardless, it's definitely more entertaining of late and it's hard to not feel enthused by Artell's record at this level and indeed his interviews.   But for the more casual fans, the ones who perhaps add that extra 1000/1500 on the gate, it's probably not really the most exciting of appointments.   They've had their fingers burnt a bit with drab football in the last 18 months, littered with the cup exploits. I suspect will take a little bit more to be tempted back, even more so in the colder, winter months with Xmas coming.

A couple of good, impressive performances and results will certainly help create that additional buzz though.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 89
chaos33
November 28, 2023, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
It’s the right sentiment, defo. Would help if we can get some sort of a result tonight, although I don’t fancy us. Regardless, now is the time to rally and regroup. Plenty of the season left.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 89
rancido
November 28, 2023, 10:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,569
Gold Stars: 96
Regardless of the next two games results I still think we will get an increased attendance for the Crewe game. The fans that were unimpressed with the PH approach will understand that Artell needs a bit of time to introduce his ideas to the squad. When the Crewe game comes around he will have had almost 2 weeks to at least have some influence on how we play and with Ben and Shaun to help we could hopefully see some improvement.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 89
Limerick Mariner
November 29, 2023, 5:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from diehardmariner
I definitely agree with the concept of getting behind the team, getting the ground full again etc.  

However I'm not sure the buzz is back just yet, certainly not for the floating fans.  For those who will go regardless, it's definitely more entertaining of late and it's hard to not feel enthused by Artell's record at this level and indeed his interviews.   But for the more casual fans, the ones who perhaps add that extra 1000/1500 on the gate, it's probably not really the most exciting of appointments.   They've had their fingers burnt a bit with drab football in the last 18 months, littered with the cup exploits. I suspect will take a little bit more to be tempted back, even more so in the colder, winter months with Xmas coming.

A couple of good, impressive performances and results will certainly help create that additional buzz though.

We only need to get all season ticket holders to turn up to get several hundred more on the gate. We’ve already had 4 attendances below our total ST sales. At least we are giving the true attendance though - not a made up seats allocated / sold like Franchise, also Donny and I suspect a few others.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 89
Mappers
November 29, 2023, 6:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,321
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

We only need to get all season ticket holders to turn up to get several hundred more on the gate. We’ve already had 4 attendances below our total ST sales. At least we are giving the true attendance though - not a made up seats allocated / sold like Franchise, also Donny and I suspect a few others.

There looked less than 5k there last night looked empty to me maybe 3500 or something , atmosphere was awful from them can't help everyone being so spread out ; it's a very weird setup more  stewards than fans and cans of lager at the bar that could be pre poured so there isn't the long queue like at half time for away fans .Bizarre.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 89
realist
November 29, 2023, 6:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
As most seats are taken by season ticket holders, there isn't that many available to sell
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 89
crusty ole pie
November 29, 2023, 6:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from realist
As most seats are taken by season ticket holders, there isn't that many available to sell

Crewe won’t bring that many so that’s all the osmand seats to fill
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 89
Northbank Mariner
November 29, 2023, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,452
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from realist

Only about 4000 odd according to our capacity!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 89
forza ivano
November 29, 2023, 7:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,179
Gold Stars: 265
hope we get an equally enthusiastic turnout for the youth cup game next Tuesday
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 89
9 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Pack The Park

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.