6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
November 18, 2023, 5:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Started brightly. All Town for opening 15 minutes but then totally inexplicable. Players at walking pace-no desire to push up against a defence that was at best unsure. The penalty (I'm sure the video has done the rounds-never touched him) put them on the front foot but instead of intelligently seeing out the half for a half time refocus, we contrived to concede a second straight out of Town's ever expanding catalogue of errors.
The introduction of Conteh for the second half made a difference and we punished them with a scrambled first and capitalised on a big error for the second. Couldn't quite manage a winner which our second half dominance maybe deserved. Still time for a couple of scary defensive issues including one where four players including the keeper watched the ball bounce in the 6 yard box.
My M.O.M Glennon-must have put in 20 decent balls over the 90 minutes.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
DB
November 18, 2023, 5:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from barralad
Started brightly. All Town for opening 15 minutes but then totally inexplicable. Players at walking pace-no desire to push up against a defence that was at best unsure. The penalty (I'm sure the video has done the rounds-never touched him) put them on the front foot but instead of intelligently seeing out the half for a half time refocus, we contrived to concede a second straight out of Town's ever expanding catalogue of errors.
The introduction of Conteh for the second half made a difference and we punished them with a scrambled first and capitalised on a big error for the second. Couldn't quite manage a winner which our second half dominance maybe deserved. Still time for a couple of scary defensive issues including one where four players including the keeper watched the ball bounce in the 6 yard box.

Have a safe journey home.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
1mickylyons
November 18, 2023, 5:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,386
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from barralad

Good summary mate thought young Cartwright might have nicked motm though 🤔 Safe journey home
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
It Bites
November 18, 2023, 5:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,200
Gold Stars: 265
Yeah Glennon was superb again but Cartwright just edges it for me today
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
wesley2310
November 18, 2023, 5:40pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +17
Very fair review that. I had to sit in home main stand amongst the 10 year old FGR ultras that sounded like chipmunks. But you have pointed out everything me and our kid were saying. Safe journey home all, I have a night in Stroud to contend with now. 🍻🍻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
headingly_mariner
November 18, 2023, 5:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,374
Gold Stars: 113
Surprised at a lot of the comments in the match thread. Thought Forest Green had some really good players and the 7 was excellent.

Tough conditions and great resolve to rescue a point. We are scoring lots of goals.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
pontoonlew
November 18, 2023, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,037
Gold Stars: 177
I’m just happy to have somebody on the touch line who’s remotely capable of positively affecting a football match.

Win against Sutton & that’s a good points return from 3 games. Today wasn’t a day to play football & coming back from 2 down is something we wouldn’t have done earlier on in the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
chaos33
November 18, 2023, 6:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Both centre backs are letting everyone and themselves down by being consistently incapable of doing basic things correctly. Until we resolve this, we’ll continue to find wins hard to come by. Every game the same! It has got to be addressed.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
Spurn boy
November 18, 2023, 7:33pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,239
Gold Stars: 29
How much we need a Paul Futcher type of player in the heart of our defence, we were the better team today and started off very brightly in tough conditions and really should have taken the lead. The penalty was a farce but we should have cleared the ball out from the lefthand side before the scramble in the area, and once we went behind you could see the confidence disappear and to concede a 2nd goal after possession was lost in midfield was so flipping frustrating. To get the 2 goals back was brilliant and felt FGR where there for the taking as they then lost confidence but we hit too many high balls out of defence instead of playing the ball to feet. 1 point is better than none but I felt after equalising we should have taken all 3 points. Credit to the management duo for changing things around in the 2nd half but bringing Amos on to replace a midfield player confused me.UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Bigdog
November 18, 2023, 7:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from chaos33
Both centre backs are letting everyone and themselves down by being consistently incapable of doing basic things correctly. Until we resolve this, we’ll continue to find wins hard to come by. Every game the same! It has got to be addressed.

If.. and it's a big if, PH had the opportunity to sign Ryan Bennett, it must go down as a big mistake. HR looks like he's a confidence player, Mullarkey isn't trusted to play there, one season too far for LW and Maher is running out of reliable partners and is now shooting himself in the foot..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back on the Bus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.