moosey_club
November 18, 2023, 7:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Bigdog

If.. and it's a big if, PH had the opportunity to sign Ryan Bennett, it must go down as a big mistake. HR looks like he's a confidence player, Mullarkey isn't trusted to play there, one season too far for LW and Maher is running out of reliable partners and is now shooting himself in the foot..

He definitely had the opportunity.....whether he had the budget to secure the deal and leave some in the kitty is another thing.

Just watched highlights.....very soft penalty but I think Maher putting his hands up quicker than a captured p.o.w helped make the ref think there was contact.
Second goal...dawdling, diving in, that black hole in the centre of defense again...woeful.
By the look of the goals I think Wilson will be claiming both of them.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
mimma
November 18, 2023, 7:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Young Bramwell looks a realy good player, maybe he might be worth putting on the bench with a view to giving him some minutes and getting him " match fit". From what I have seen of him he looks a real prospect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2023, 7:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog

If.. and it's a big if, PH had the opportunity to sign Ryan Bennett, it must go down as a big mistake. HR looks like he's a confidence player, Mullarkey isn't trusted to play there, one season too far for LW and Maher is running out of reliable partners and is now shooting himself in the foot..

I know he’s popular with the fan base but I’m not sure Maher has been all that TBH, but I guess with a reliable partner it might look different.

I actually think our whole defence needs surgery but I hope the new manager doesn’t completely carve it up as you need a pre season and loads of time on the training ground where defensive mistakes don’t cost points while you’re trying to gel.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
Bigdog
November 18, 2023, 7:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Thought we pressed them high first twenty minutes and it looked like only one team was going to win it. They came into it as we dropped off a little and conceded two sloppy goals. After that I couldn't really make out what we were trying to do or what our playing identity was. The game ended up a bit of a mess. Thanks to a strong backwind, Glennon's excellent ball deliveries and Wilson's predatory instincts we grabbed a point. If it wasn't for Cartwright we'd be going home empty handed.

I felt sorry for Green. Holohan and Andrews just disappeared halfway through the first half. He tried to do too much on his own and got caught doing so. I think he's much more effective if he's playing with partners that take that pressure off him so he can stick to what he's best at, and that's being a physical presence and breaking up play. He's not as sharp and mobile as Conteh and he can't pass like Hunt, but those two could be a good blend for him in there to work with..

I thought FGR were a poor team and there for the taking. Disappointed that we haven't won three points today, but mightliy relieved that we've come back with one..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
chaos33
November 18, 2023, 8:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Not enough high pressing for me. More energy needed without the ball, and a galactic uptick in defensive positioning, discipline, anticipation and concentration. At the moment, we could replace our centre backs with a wardrobe and a grandfather clock, and do better defensively.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
Mappers
November 18, 2023, 8:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Cartwright continued his good form , i was really impressed - the slide tackle was quick thinking ,keepers handball those a lot in a panic .

Glennon may be one many of us got wrong - he somehow looks a very mobile player once more after looking like he was running in treacle at the start of the season , that mobility is getting him into great areas to whip crosses in (looks our main attacking threat?)

Conteh did nicely when he came on .

Not many more positives than that .

I didn't think they were that bad , some decent technical players , but like us had a fragility about them .

Another big couple of weeks ahead .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 50
chipsandgravy
November 18, 2023, 8:37pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,614
Gold Stars: 37
Can't fault the changes S&B made but it only goes to emphasise that were still a club looking for a team. I have no idea really what our best team is and neither does whoever is in charge. Far too many changes throughout the season so far. There is a team in there somewhere but who it is I am still none the wiser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
Bristol Mariner
November 18, 2023, 9:04pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Best thing about today was Billy Joel - We didn't start the fire at half time

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
TheRealJohnLewis
November 18, 2023, 9:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I thought we played alright and were the better team for the larger parts and If not for a dodgy pen, and a mistake from Green, we should have easily won.

Not too much to be disheartened by, a point away is a good result after being 2-0 down at halftime.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 50
golfer
November 18, 2023, 9:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
The penalty decision was the most farcical ever. He wasn't even tackled - he just flung himself to the ground - should have been booked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back on the Bus

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.