It Bites
November 5, 2023, 4:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,209
Gold Stars: 265
Where did it all go wrong ?  

That first game against Wimbledon I thought most looked good but dropping Holohan from the squad was mistake 1 from Hurst .

After that apart from Rose they’ve all looked awful in most the last 7/8 games .
Private Message
ginnywings
November 5, 2023, 5:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Lack of confidence for me.

You can see it a mile away, and they are not as bad as they are being portrayed. That was a tricky game today in any circumstances, and we were beyond bad in the first half, but looked much much better in the second, and mostly controlled the game.

There are bigger shocks this weekend than us getting a draw at Slough.

If we can get someone to instill a bit of belief back into them, they aint a bad bunch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
livosnose
November 5, 2023, 5:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,171
Gold Stars: 15
Mullarkey is a nothing footballer. Amos is a little boy

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
HerveJosse
November 5, 2023, 5:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from ginnywings
Lack of confidence for me.

You can see it a mile away, and they are not as bad as they are being portrayed. That was a tricky game today in any circumstances, and we were beyond bad in the first half, but looked much much better in the second, and mostly controlled the game.

There are bigger shocks this weekend than us getting a draw at Slough.

If we can get someone to instill a bit of belief back into them, they aint a bad bunch.

I could really do with some of whatever you are on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
Hagrid
November 5, 2023, 5:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Rose was getting some stick today at the game and imo he’s the only one of our signings who I really rate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
Limerick Mariner
November 5, 2023, 5:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,701
Gold Stars: 136
I’ve been thinking about this. I’ve seen it said in the past that PH is good at finding some gems on a reasonable but not top top 7 EFL budget.

But his track record after the 2016 promotion wasn’t good, albeit under control-freakery of Fenty. Once Bogle had gone we were left with some dross. When scrabbling around at a lower level he certainly did well. I don’t know where Operation Promotion took our budget to but the promoted squad was decent and then when backwards after promotion.

The last promotion needed some key signings to turn round the rapidly fading season in Jan. Gav in particular, JMD, Max and Emmanuel. We’d already got a decent spine from his close season business.

Ipswich fans views on his signings are a pile of steaming I expect.

I’d say his best competencies are filling gaps on a modest budget and getting tune out of a moderately talented bunch. Save for his Shrewsbury turnaround he hasn’t cut it with better players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
Yoda
November 5, 2023, 5:49pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,157
Gold Stars: 71
Hurst signings have been terrible apart from Rose.
The Vernham signing being the worst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
chaos33
November 5, 2023, 6:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I think the overriding problem is that they haven’t gelled. They haven’t understood each other or learned what they’re supposed to be doing, or built those mutual relationships and partnerships. There is no visible team spirit. Compare it to the promotion season and even last season and it’s just not there.

Of the pre-season signings, Rose is the only one I think has been up to standard.
I remember the Salford home came - Conteh looked class and bossed it. Eisa was almost unplayable. Rogers was solid and assured. I’ve no idea what’s happened, but this is not a team, and that’s our problem.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
davmariner
November 5, 2023, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Hagrid
Rose was getting some stick today at the game and imo he’s the only one of our signings who I really rate.

There seemed to be an angry exchange between him and a fan in the first half which culminated in him saying something like “don’t f*cking start that as you won’t like my response.”

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
HertsGTFC
November 5, 2023, 7:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Hagrid

Thought something may have been said judging by his reaction when they came back to re-start.

It’s not all the new lads, some of last seasons players look paralysed by fear & lost.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Summer Signings

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.