4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
November 1, 2023, 8:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,954
Gold Stars: 64
Was reminded by a Telegraph article that Charles Vernam is a Town player.  Remember those heady days of excitement about signing him.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Madeleymariner
November 1, 2023, 9:06am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,058
Gold Stars: 50
I was far from excited
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 38
pontoonlew
November 1, 2023, 9:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,038
Gold Stars: 177
Still think Vernam will turn into a good player for us, he was obviously carrying this injury at the start of the season and now he’s paying the price for playing through it. Not his fault and I can’t understand the stick he’s had for it either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 38
The Yard Dog
November 1, 2023, 9:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Was reminded by a Telegraph article that Charles Vernam is a Town player.  Remember those heady days of excitement about signing him.  

No

I was never excited by him signing, we needed a striker with a better match to goal ratio.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 38
Hagrid
November 1, 2023, 9:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Never excited me and I couldnt understand the OTT reaction when he did re-sign, especially on a 3 year deal, But he's a town player and when he returns from injury, I hope he makes me look a fool
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 38
male private Nale
November 1, 2023, 9:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
One of hurst’s worst signings , gold plated 3 year contract for a serial under achiever. It seemed we had to have him at any price
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 38
chaos33
November 1, 2023, 9:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
One thing is for sure - when he’s fit, and selected, he needs to prove himself and perform. A couple of flashes of greatness in a sequence of little contribution shouldn’t wash. I hope he does show us all what a good player he is. And he ain’t the only one.
Quite a few need to up their standards, markedly.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 38
LocalLadGTFC
November 1, 2023, 10:00am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,219
Gold Stars: 137
Think he falls into the same bracket of a few of the signings made. ' What if ' he could recapture that form he had a couple seasons ago at Bradford. Same story with Eisa, it was a case of what if he could get back to his Scunny days and to be fair to him he was flying but obviously performances regressed with the whole squad. That's why they're playing L2 football, if they were Mr Consistent they wouldn't be here I suppose.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 38
Mikey_345
November 1, 2023, 10:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Still a good player in my book. Some good form doesn't make you a world beater and the opposite is also true with bad form. Went under the radar a little that he was coming back from an injury (knee I believe) during the start of the season.

Think he's proven in the right environment with his head down he can be a real asset at this level, once he's over his injury hopefully the new management team can get the best out of him.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 38
November 1, 2023, 10:08am
Guest User
Quoted from male private Nale
One of hurst’s worst signings , gold plated 3 year contract for a serial under achiever. It seemed we had to have him at any price

Slightly harsh in my opinion given we've seen so little of him.  Admittedly his early season form wasn't brilliant but as we suspect he was carrying an injury.  Better to judge him once he's fit.

And I think he'd slip way down the list of Paul Hursts worse signings.
Reply: 9 - 38
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Charles Vernam

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.