Teestogreen
October 31, 2023, 8:17pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 141269

Have you just come out of hibernation or something? ๐Ÿ˜…

He's been around for a while now.

Has he? Whatโ€™s he been doing ๐Ÿ˜‚

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 64
toontown
October 31, 2023, 9:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Good interview that. I for one don't mind about them taking their time a bit. When we lost Hurst last time I recall in his final game when, officially anyway, nothing had been decided either way we lost (or drew maybe, we didn't win). Immediately people were panicking saying we need to get the decision made asap one way or there other etc. Well husrt went and the manager that quickly followed (Bignot) was inferior. I would rather we had negotiated longer with Hurst to keep him (if that was still feasible which it probably wasn't) or taken longer to make the appointment to try and make a better job of it.

The main point I am making is that the period between managers is usually brief compared to the period with the following manager, so if it takes a week or two extra to do all the due diligence to try and get a better appointment I am fine with that, as that's more important. Of course nothing is guaranteed but it's best not to rush into an appointment just because of one lost opportunity for 3 points, the calibre of the leader in charge for the next 18 months or so, or whatever the average is, carries more weight than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 64
1mickylyons
November 1, 2023, 7:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Everyone seems happy with this interview however it blows out the water 1878 are a step up from Fenty in having a plan when they pull the trigger. I honestly thought these guys would have there target primed and ready but nit looking that way? I  hope they get this right because dragging it out for weeks if results don't improve will see us right in the pit of misery.dilly dilly
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 64
chaos33
November 1, 2023, 8:28am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,938
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Everyone seems happy with this interview however it blows out the water 1878 are a step up from Fenty in having a plan when they pull the trigger. I honestly thought these guys would have there target primed and ready but nit looking that way? I  hope they get this right because dragging it out for weeks if results don't improve will see us right in the pit of misery.dilly dilly

Dear oh dear

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 64
GibMariner
November 1, 2023, 8:51am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from 1mickylyons

AGREED. SLEEPY JO appointing a manager for years to fit a plan (collective) what the hell does that mean  . What plan. 6 weeks from the chop according to the previous update from Sleepy JO. Or even one game away if you accept a win kept Dep Doig and Hurst in post.

Blow smoke up the fans proverbial by all means, but the paint will soon wear off with this nonsense.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 64
Rick12
November 1, 2023, 9:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Blundellite
Very astute - we are very fortunate to have him
For me Iam glad Neil Woods and Dave Moore work at the club in a sporting capacity as well. Good  men who I have  liked for a long time.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 64
chaos33
November 1, 2023, 9:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,938
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from GibMariner

AGREED. SLEEPY JO appointing a manager for years to fit a plan (collective) what the hell does that mean  . What plan. 6 weeks from the chop according to the previous update from Sleepy JO. Or even one game away if you accept a win kept Dep Doig and Hurst in post.

Blow smoke up the fans proverbial by all means, but the paint will soon wear off with this nonsense.

What the hell are you on about?! Who is sleepy Jo?

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 64
GrimPol
November 1, 2023, 9:59am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -681
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from chaos33

What the hell are you on about?! Who is sleepy Jo?

Maybe Jo Biden (sleepy jo) is bored of running USA and is trying something more interesting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 64
November 1, 2023, 11:02am
Guest User
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I live in hope that one day I might see a half intelligent post from this person, however my advanced years may not allow that to happen.

Reply: 38 - 64
pen penfras
November 1, 2023, 7:18pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aussiej
Boy oh boy you all seem to be viewing the present leader through very heavy "rose coloured specs"...
I for one am not impressed and i believe the process he is talking about will take a month or more,  meanwhile while Nero fiddles, Rome burns....

Another interview where nothing much is said other than jargon. We're not going down the director of football route, yet. They have well defined criteria for what they're looking for in the next manager, but not a hint of what the criteria are.

They've clearly held discussions about the situation for a while, and came to the strange decision that if we didn't beat Doncaster they'd sack the manager there and then, but haven't put any thought into what comes next.

Yet most people are still crediting them as oracles that have planned and strategised every small detail of everything. It's absolutely no different to what we've been doing my entire life except we're now spending loads of money to be excrement.

The hint that they'd appoint Davies and Pearson in a relegation fight scares me that they've not learnt how big a mistake that will be from Fenty's era.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › An update from the chair

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.