7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
October 31, 2023, 7:21pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I wouldn't read too much into the timeframes quoted. What he has done is made clear that nobody should expect any updates imminently so it takes the pressure off and removes expectations of immediate announcements. I don't think they'll envisage us being managerless for 4 weeks and I also think they'll already have a pretty good idea of how they rate Davies and Pearson and how viable an option that is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 64
Teestogreen
October 31, 2023, 7:30pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Going from the interview - directors are not concerned about Davies and Pearson being in charge of the team for a few weeks- at least they will be on the bus for the duration and receiving feedback - inputting information from/ to the players.
Might lead to a healthy team spirit 🤞

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 64
GrimPol
October 31, 2023, 7:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from DB

Nobody at the club will tell us exactly when the decision to sack PH was made, but it was clear that Doncaster was the last chance saloon for PH. JS intimated that they had looked at the dour results for a while, so Saturday was not a knee jerk solution. Whatsmore 2 very astute successful businessmen will already have formed some ideas about what they want a new manager to do, and possibly a list of targets. Today not only out of work managers are considered but those, and there assistants who are in work.

Whilst JF would have made his mind up by a few choice shouts from the crowd (mercurial springs to mind) these guys seem to be measured. Doncaster match was just the last straw. Something has to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 64
ancientmariner54
October 31, 2023, 7:42pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from aussiej
Boy oh boy you all seem to be viewing the present leader through very heavy "rose coloured specs"...
I for one am not impressed and i believe the process he is talking about will take a month or more,  meanwhile while Nero fiddles, Rome burns....

Tosser
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 64
ancientmariner54
October 31, 2023, 7:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from golfer
I can see Davies and Pearson being offered the job of joint managers similar to Hurst first time and Gobby.

Don't knock it till you've tried it .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 64
October 31, 2023, 7:54pm
Guest User
Quoted from Teestogreen

Have you just come out of hibernation or something? 😅

He's been around for a while now.
Reply: 25 - 64
HerveJosse
October 31, 2023, 7:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
With a fixture list of Slough Forrest Green , Morecambe and Sutton over the next month they have given a big chance to BD & SP. With the normal manager gone bounce I wouldn’t be suprised if we win all four. That  in itself may be a problem because I can’t believe appointing  such an inexperienced pair can really be the promised step forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 64
Heisenberg
October 31, 2023, 8:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from HerveJosse
With a fixture list of Slough Forrest Green , Morecambe and Sutton over the next month they have given a big chance to BD & SP. With the normal manager gone bounce I wouldn’t be suprised if we win all four. That  in itself may be a problem because I can’t believe appointing  such an inexperienced pair can really be the promised step forward

Before you get confident about beating Morecambe, check the League 2 table first……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 64
RonMariner
October 31, 2023, 8:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,718
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from golfer
I can see Davies and Pearson being offered the job of joint managers similar to Hurst first time and Gobby.

I hope not. The last time we appointed an inexperienced internal candidate in a relegation battle we got Neil Woods.

We all know how that ended. I would prefer an experienced EFL manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 64
Youngy
October 31, 2023, 8:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,663
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from forza ivano

Oh well, as the wife often tells me, I was completely wrong!

although a massive fan of 1878 I can see where you're coming from. Have to say I was disappointed in that -hoped they'd go down the sporting director route and also thought they'd have been far more pro active. One could argue it's the Fenty approach, with  a bit of expert outside help.

Hopefully the interview was a bit of a smokescreen and they're actually much further down the track.

Does beg the question as to whether we will actually end up with another old name off the managerial merry go round

He clearly states the 'director' model is a plan for the future, trying to do it mid-season surely would be too much? I'm sure this will be a conversation they will have with potential candidates so they know what the plan is moving forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › An update from the chair

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.