Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul hurst has to go now !!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Paul hurst has to go now !!

This thread currently has 3,984 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
October 28, 2023, 6:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,933
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Teestogreen
Like Joe Ironside - Hursty turned him down when he played well for us at a pre season friendly at Harrogate

He didn’t play well for us, he looked useless. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 55
Teestogreen
October 28, 2023, 6:42pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
https://gtfc.co.uk/hutchinson-becomes-head-of-recruitment-analysis/
This is what I’m remembering - is it all Paul’s fault for listening or having to listen

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 55
Teestogreen
October 28, 2023, 6:46pm

Champagne Drinker
Quoted from davmariner

He didn’t play well for us, he looked useless. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Actually he did play well and the other triallist (whose name I forget - began with C - ended up playing for Leyton Orient) was poor

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 55
lew chaterleys lover
October 28, 2023, 7:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,714
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Teestogreen
https://gtfc.co.uk/hutchinson-becomes-head-of-recruitment-analysis/
This is what I’m remembering - is it all Paul’s fault for listening or having to listen

I don't suppose many will agree with your post but it is a very valid question.

No doubt we will be poring over the data as to why it hasn't worked out so far, and looking at ways to improve things in the future...

The only signing we made that could possibly be described as left field is Conteh, but there are so many moving parts in any transfer, the make up of the squad and how they perform in given situations with different managers I think appointments like this just muddy the waters. I'm sure Hurst had the final say but he has signed a lot better players than these in previous seasons and he must have felt some pressure to make this blokes salary worthwhile.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 55
Teestogreen
October 28, 2023, 7:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Thanks Lew - excellent post

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 55
Phil the cod
October 28, 2023, 7:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Yoda
Goodbye Hurst go and cup your ear to some other fans.
The most boring football ever at BP

Some of them are on the pitch cupping us ears, they think it's all over, it is now.
He can cup his P45 to his ear at last.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 55
toontown
October 28, 2023, 7:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70

I don't suppose many will agree with your post but it is a very valid question.

No doubt we will be poring over the data as to why it hasn't worked out so far, and looking at ways to improve things in the future...

The only signing we made that could possibly be described as left field is Conteh, but there are so many moving parts in any transfer, the make up of the squad and how they perform in given situations with different managers I think appointments like this just muddy the waters. I'm sure Hurst had the final say but he has signed a lot better players than these in previous seasons and he must have felt some pressure to make this blokes salary worthwhile.

The best signing has been conteh and to be fair Hurst did give the recruitment guy a lot of credit for that one. In fact he even said after he's been signed and the reaction wa sso positive that he didn't know why that was the case, which struck me as a bit odd if he had identified him.

Within a short period it was obvious conteh had a lot of ability, personally I suspect conteh was a signing driven by the recruitment guy rather than Hurst, but it was one that looks good. Is it the case that hursts signings worked out less well (vernam being an obvious one as he was trying to recruit him before we got a recruitment guy)? Or was it the recruitment guys influenced signings didn't weave together well as a team?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 55
Teestogreen
October 28, 2023, 7:28pm

Champagne Drinker
Last sentence —previously when I questioning the signings - they were all Hursts - but now that may not have been the case?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 55
Heisenberg
October 28, 2023, 7:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,054
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from toontown

The best signing has been conteh and to be fair Hurst did give the recruitment guy a lot of credit for that one. In fact he even said after he's been signed and the reaction wa sso positive that he didn't know why that was the case, which struck me as a bit odd if he had identified him.

Within a short period it was obvious conteh had a lot of ability, personally I suspect conteh was a signing driven by the recruitment guy rather than Hurst, but it was one that looks good. Is it the case that hursts signings worked out less well (vernam being an obvious one as he was trying to recruit him before we got a recruitment guy)? Or was it the recruitment guys influenced signings didn't weave together well as a team?

Conteh has done nothing good since august.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 55
arryarryarry
October 29, 2023, 12:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,049
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown

I must have a different view from my seat but for most of the time all I see from Conteh is meandering in front of the back four playing in the main short or sideways passing.

Now there may be a good player there but I have yet to see what he brings to help the team defend or score goals.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul hurst has to go now !!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.