Northbank Mariner
November 9, 2023, 6:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ash brown
What exactly are we paying his wages for, so he can Swan off and go play for a team that's one of the worst in the world. He will miss more games for town and run the risk of coming back injured. They never have and probably never will qualify for a major tournament.

As far as I'm aware Pakistan will pay compensation to Grimsby for Otis whilst he's not available to us.
And regardless of what you think, Khan will see it as lot bigger a deal/honour playing for his national team than Grimsby Town FC.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
Ash brown
November 9, 2023, 8:29am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +22
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

As far as I'm aware Pakistan will pay compensation to Grimsby for Otis whilst he's not available to us.
And regardless of what you think, Khan will see it as lot bigger a deal/honour playing for his national team than Grimsby Town FC.

No doubt its good for Khan and its certainly raising his social media presence, is it really 'his' national team though. If he had got an England call up do you think he would be saying that he would rather help his team pakistan?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
DB
November 9, 2023, 8:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Ash brown
What exactly are we paying his wages for, so he can Swan off and go play for a team that's one of the worst in the world. He will miss more games for town and run the risk of coming back injured. They never have and probably never will qualify for a major tournament.

You could also have said that about Harry when he was called up for the Welsh squad, but nobody did and they aren't tearing up trees on the international scene. It is good for Khan and good for Town to have an international player in our ranks.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
Ash brown
November 9, 2023, 8:55am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from DB

You could also have said that about Harry when he was called up for the Welsh squad, but nobody did and they aren't tearing up trees on the international scene. It is good for Khan and good for Town to have an international player in our ranks.

I'd sooner khan was playing for us tbh but even if he was playing for England I'd feel the same way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
Ash brown
November 9, 2023, 8:55am
Coke Drinker
Quoted from DB

I'd sooner khan was playing for us tbh but even if he was playing for England I'd feel the same way.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
denni266
November 9, 2023, 8:56am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Part and parcel of the game . Dont think hardley any  player is going to turn down the chance of playing for their country given the chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
lew chaterleys lover
November 9, 2023, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Khan is just another in a long line of wide players who start off quite well then drift off into obscurity, so it hasn't been the loss it could have been.

I'm hoping a new manager can get our wide men operating effectively where they can be most use and not be used as auxiliary full backs.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
Mariner16
November 9, 2023, 11:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Abo Eisa has also been called up for Sudan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
Nelly GTFC
November 16, 2023, 11:15am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31
Mentions Otis Khan and Grimsby Town in this article, also Easah Suliman who was on loan here I think around the Jolley era?  Posted late last night - Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-67427645

Main part of the article is about a midfielder Harun Hamid, 19-year-old was released by English second-tier side QPR at the end of last season and currently doesn't play for a professional side. He came on at half-time and his goal was enough to beat Cambodia 1-0 for their first win in five years - putting them through to the second round of qualifying for football's biggest tournament for the first time.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> https://footballclubforums.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
Mappers
November 16, 2023, 2:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Khan is just another in a long line of wide players who start off quite well then drift off into obscurity, so it hasn't been the loss it could have been.

I'm hoping a new manager can get our wide men operating effectively where they can be most use and not be used as auxiliary full backs.

I would have agreed up until Morecambe

He really stepped up his game , to the point I am sad we are without him Saturday .

If Glennon is on the front foot he seems quite good , as he is a relatively intelligent player and uses his overlaps well .

We need more of the same from them both and be playing on the attack for them to work , let's face it they can't defend but Shaun and Ben seem to have at least realised we need to play to strengths more than just trying to negate the opposition so we might get some better fare even when we lose .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Otis Khan

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.