ginnywings
October 4, 2023, 11:23am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
Barrow looked very good, but there is no doubt that we were also very bad!

But that is my point. They made us bad by forcing us to retreat and defend in numbers.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 143
sam gy
October 4, 2023, 11:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
"we need to be more ruthless in both boxes"

*Grimsby Town are more ruthless in both boxes, but pretty crap overall, however it results in a win*........

Fans weren't giving a great deal of praise in matches where we played well, because we threw away leads, and it was all pointless if you don't get the points. Now we win a match in which we were second best and everyone is quick to point out we were crap. We were, but who cares?

If you're only ever gonna be happy when we win games AND play really well, supporting a lower league team may not be the pastime for you, hah.

Wins a win....everyone knows full well we can play a hell of a lot better than that. But we needed them 3 points.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 143
GrimPol
October 4, 2023, 1:55pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -670
Gold Stars: 69
With the Mariner Fans Annual Scratch Your Eyes Out coming early this year, lets have a recap.
11 th game (25% of the season)  13/33 pts. And we won. Onto the next game.
Now that Sutton and FGR (last year's Blue Eyed boys, "wish we were them"  )  have blocked the Drop Zone, we can reflect without panic, including me.
I've never been a fan of PH but never wanted to behead him. I always think his teams have had no prep, and have a natter in the tunnel at the start of the match to sort out positions. And with regards Town scoring early, in Fergies time, it was opinioned, scoring too early against Man Utd was said to make them mad, and they gave teams a thrashing for the audacity of scoring first. Town seems to take fright in being two up, and cannot grab the situation and finish teams off. I mean they were two up (could have been three) they must have done something right. Right?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 143
moosey_club
October 4, 2023, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GrimPol

I've never been a fan of PH but never wanted to behead him. I always think his teams have had no prep, and have a natter in the tunnel at the start of the match to sort out positions. And with regards Town scoring early, in Fergies time, it was opinioned, scoring too early against Man Utd was said to make them mad, and they gave teams a thrashing for the audacity of scoring first. Town seems to take fright in being two up, and cannot grab the situation and finish teams off. I mean they were two up (could have been three) they must have done something right. Right?

Funny you should say that as I was chatting to a former player ( 2 seasons and regular starter)  who said pretty much that is what happens under Hurst,  very little discussed about who is particularly doing what on the field but he puts the onus on the players and their experience to manage their individual games , yes some opposition traits are discussed but not in the tiniest detail.
I found that quite surprising given how we seem to over consider the opposition in set up but that is what he said.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Barrow Match Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.