15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
AncientExiledMariner
October 3, 2023, 11:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59

We should have lost tonight and had we done so we would have been right in the relegation mix at this (early) stage.

If you think the luckiest win I have seen for some time takes us into mid table security then you have rose tinted glasses on.

And we should have got points against Crawley on Saturday, and in other games. If you're just focussing on the performance when we do bad, and the points when we do well, but ignoring those other things, you're just demonstrating you're cherry picking negatives because that is how you want people to feel about Hurst. I'll take an ugly win after some attractive draws and defeats. It all balances out in the end.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 143
lew chaterleys lover
October 4, 2023, 12:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237

And we should have got points against Crawley on Saturday, and in other games. If you're just focussing on the performance when we do bad, and the points when we do well, but ignoring those other things, you're just demonstrating you're cherry picking negatives because that is how you want people to feel about Hurst. I'll take an ugly win after some attractive draws and defeats. It all balances out in the end.

Oh just intercourse off you idiot. It is TONIGHTS game we are discussing. We were garbage. Even our manager thinks it, everybody knows it. Their manager knows it and their fans know it.

Private Message
Reply: 131 - 143
AncientExiledMariner
October 4, 2023, 12:06am
Snakebite drinker

Oh just intercourse off you idiot. It is TONIGHTS game we are discussing. We were garbage. Even our manager thinks it, everybody knows it. Their manager knows it and their fans know it.

Yeah, let's not talk about the things that are inconvenient to your argument.

Be rude. I'm going to be happy Grimsby won. Usually town fans are...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 143
lew chaterleys lover
October 4, 2023, 12:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237

Yeah, let's not talk about the things that are inconvenient to your argument.

Be rude. I'm going to be happy Grimsby won. Usually town fans are...

This is the match thread. Tonights match. Are you thick as well as condescending?
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 143
AncientExiledMariner
October 4, 2023, 12:14am
Snakebite drinker

This is the match thread. Tonights match. Are you thick as well as condescending?

Oh, the irony.

I'm sure you have some redeeming features.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 143
grimps
October 4, 2023, 7:29am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,130
Gold Stars: 46

Good teams get wins when they have a bad game, bad teams lose when they've played well.
Last night was a bit of a fluke as no good team would ever play that bad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 143
RonMariner
October 4, 2023, 8:36am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,694
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from grimps

Good teams get wins when they have a bad game, bad teams lose when they've played well.
Last night was a bit of a fluke as no good team would ever play that bad

But we played well against Swindon 3 days earlier, so we can’t be that bad a team can we?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 143
fishcake63
October 4, 2023, 10:13am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
second half saturday to the 90 mins last nite just chalk & cheese shows how daft football can be , we never got a grip in midfield conteh was sat far too deep holohan too advanced so massive gaps for them to exploit & to be fair they all knew theiir jobs & still lost
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 143
ginnywings
October 4, 2023, 11:00am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
I'm always a little baffled when fans don't give the opposition any credit. The narrative is that we were bad, when in reality, Barrow were very good, and made us look bad.

There also seems to be scant enjoyment for the win, because "it's only Barrow" that we beat. A phrase I heard when leaving the ground.

We weren't good last night, but we now have forward players who can score goals and they pounced on a couple of opportunities, while Barrow didn't. Our keeper was also a factor in that and had a good game.

Not all the team performed badly as individuals, but as a collective, we were wanting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 143
Maringer
October 4, 2023, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Barrow looked very good, but there is no doubt that we were also very bad!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Barrow Match Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.