15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
AncientExiledMariner
October 3, 2023, 10:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
Credit to Hurst for not starting Wilson despite the demands from many fans. Best not to risk him when he's just getting back and fit. Hopefully he's getting closer and closer to a start. Going to have to protect Maher also.

Good to see competition in midfield with Andrews also. Ominous, but it seems Efete is our best left back. It's probably ok over the short term, but I hope Amos can fight his way be into contention, do not want to risk an injury to a RB otherwise we won't have cover there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 143
mimma
October 3, 2023, 10:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Has that ever happened before? Wilson scored with his first touch Saturday,  and scored with his first touch tonight.
Looks to me like we have found our striker!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 143
moosey_club
October 3, 2023, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mimma
Has that ever happened before? Wilson scored with his first touch Saturday,  and scored with his first touch tonight.
Looks to me like we have found our striker!

Wasn't his first touch tonight, he had a channel run before the goal I thought....mind you probably his 4th touch though so not bad 😉

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 143
Maringer
October 3, 2023, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,546
Gold Stars: 185
We were, in general, flipping terrible throughout most of the game tonight. They were way better than us on the night but, for a change, we took a couple of our chances whilst they missed most of theirs.

Whole-hearted defending throughout, but a distinct lack of intelligence to go with it - so many aimless whacks upfield straight to one of their players, fluffed headers and clearances not finding safety and too much panic overall.

Their No. 20 who came on caused all sorts of problems but it was impressive the way they played it into him to lay off rather than for just hopeful flicks into space.

If they aren't in and around the play-offs come the end of the season, I'll be amazed because, as poor as we were, they played some excellent stuff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 143
Maringer
October 3, 2023, 10:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Oh, forgot to say, two really good goals for the strikers and I thought Andrews did pretty well, showing a lot of potential. Conteh booked for his first challenge as usual. I really don't know what the lad can do if referees keep buying the antics of opposition players as they roll around in feigned agony every time he touches them.

And about the referee, he stopped play for Efete to get treatment at the end, we waved it away saying it wasn't necessary and he ordered our physio to come in so Efete had to go off for no treatment! Never seen anything like that before.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 143
CSLM
October 3, 2023, 10:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +642
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Maringer
Oh, forgot to say, two really good goals for the strikers and I thought Andrews did pretty well, showing a lot of potential. Conteh booked for his first challenge as usual. I really don't know what the lad can do if referees keep buying the antics of opposition players as they roll around in feigned agony every time he touches them.

And about the referee, he stopped play for Efete to get treatment at the end, we waved it away saying it wasn't necessary and he ordered our physio to come in so Efete had to go off for no treatment! Never seen anything like that before.

We definitely can't complain about that mate. He stopped them crossing the ball in injury time. If that was the other way round there would've been a riot.

Definitely liked the look of Andrew's and I thought Gav did pretty well especially second half. Seems a bit odd when they dominated most of the game.

Defense looked ragged, first half we got torn to pieces down our right.
Some brilliant blocks and clearances from Waterfall, Rogers and Eastwood saved the day.

Just glad to get the points.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 143
Maringer
October 3, 2023, 10:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Efete taking a knock stopped that chance, but they than had a drop ball with us reduced to ten men and their keeper having the time to get into our box! Luckily, Eastwood held it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 143
lew chaterleys lover
October 3, 2023, 10:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,724
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from RonMariner
A very welcome 3 points. Had we lost tonight we would be right in the relegation mix.

We still are!
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 143
AncientExiledMariner
October 3, 2023, 11:35pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59

We still are!

Well. We're 6 points from relegation, 6 points from play-offs, so if we're going by that logic, we're also in the mix for the play-offs . We could just drop the hyperbole though, and say it's early, and we're mid-table.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 143
lew chaterleys lover
October 3, 2023, 11:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,724
Gold Stars: 237

Well. We're 6 points from relegation, 6 points from play-offs, so if we're going by that logic, we're also in the mix for the play-offs . We could just drop the hyperbole though, and say it's early, and we're mid-table.

We should have lost tonight and had we done so we would have been right in the relegation mix at this (early) stage.

If you think the luckiest win I have seen for some time takes us into mid table security then you have rose tinted glasses on.
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Barrow Match Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.