Yarborough Vaults
September 16, 2023, 6:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from heppy88

Yep you’re probably right. But we seem conditioned to expect we’ll always be second best.

The opposite is all the 'dream, believe, achieve' dogwater that makes people think if they want something enough they will have it.

Yes, sometimes we'll upset the odds and it's beautiful but mainly things will play out according to the quality of resources/talent that clubs have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 208
Limerick Mariner
September 16, 2023, 6:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,698
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Who were they?

McNeill was the main target wasnt he? Went to Stevenage to sit on the bench.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 208
petethemariner
September 16, 2023, 6:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
Quoted from Mariner93er

Strikers aren't this mythical thing. They exist. It's up to Hurst to allocate funds accordingly to get the right one in. When we're getting to three windows in and we're still missing out on a striker, questions should rightfully be asked. I get some are overly negative on here, but being positive and apologetic for the sake of it is no more productive than they are.

Totally agree with this post, obviously we do not have unlimited finances, but continuously bringing in unwanted,  unheard of fringe players from
other clubs, who quite regularly prove moderate( to be kind), isnt a sensible  way of handling your budget IMO, theres no doubt that Hurst does
bring good players to the club, but they have been outnumbered by some right duffers IMO, you  usually have to pay for quality, particularly
forwards, one transfer fee and wages for one goalscorer would be paid for by not signing mediocrity in numbers.
Like most, i didnt expect a result today regardless of injuries and with the brutal set of early season fixtures i think we have done well to
accrue the points we have , but with the points lost from winning positions it is also very frustrating.
On the injury situation, we  always seem to have so many, who are then missing for strangely long  periods,i know injuries are a fact of life,
but  whether is it something with the training regime, or the medical care they receive aftterwards, who knows?
or the medical care they then receive?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 208
HerveJosse
September 16, 2023, 6:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Naive to keep seeing we had a lot of possession so that’s a positive Teams like Wrexham are happy to let you have possession and go direct when they would otherwise have had their share of possession.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 208
fellowfan
September 16, 2023, 6:19pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +1
You watching the same game as me it was a mis match they f****d about last 15 mins couldn't get a touch it could of been 6 or 7 to them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 208
Maringer
September 16, 2023, 6:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Flipping heck. Some ridiculous hissy fits on here tonight. I feel for fans who went and we're all disappointed with the result, but the lack of realism is bizarre. If you're down to the bare bones up top due to injuries and defend poorly in a game against a team which cost many multiples of your own, you have to just accept defeat and move on. Let's aim for revenge in the return game at BP in March, hopefully with a fully-fit squad including perhaps another attacker or two signed in January.

Oh, and stop replying to denni, FFS. Don't feed the trolls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 208
Mappers
September 16, 2023, 7:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from heppy88
My regrets are supporting a team that most people expected to lose today.
My regrets are that whilst our supporters say consolidation Wrexham say promotion.
My regrets are that we say look good, Wrexham say win.
My regrets are we should have won this and should have won that, but we didn’t!!
And that’s what counts!!!

I don't regret us beating them in that play-off game
I don't regret a long term plan , if that involves a period of consolidation , if that's for the greater good of the club
I don't regret going to Weymouth , Solihull or Dorking

But glad I'm not going back  

We can compete with most of league 2 , when our first 11 is fit and firing - I suspect how many of the 46 games we can get them on the pitch together will dictate how well we do ; beat Crawley next week and we will be back in the top 10 . Close to the play-offs .

To think we can compete with the top 4 or 5 teams with half of our team missing is rather fanciful .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 208
September 16, 2023, 7:14pm
Guest User
Quoted from denni266
This is what hurst gets us with a milion to spend  crap.. Wouldnt trust him to do the shopping for half time tea and oranges .. Pathetic . Who ever puts their trust in him needs to get their bumps felt  starting with Stockwood and Pettit .

Grow up!

Reply: 197 - 208
September 16, 2023, 7:26pm
Guest User
Quoted from denni266
What will hurst say after the game .. They are a very good side  bla bla bla. Round hairy things ...Try looking  at the truith  we are crap because of the crap you got in the doors and the way you set them up nearly every week  Utter crap

Wow you are an angry little child, aren't you!

Reply: 198 - 208
sam gy
September 16, 2023, 8:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from heppy88
My regrets are supporting a team that most people expected to lose today.
My regrets are that whilst our supporters say consolidation Wrexham say promotion.
My regrets are that we say look good, Wrexham say win.
My regrets are we should have won this and should have won that, but we didn’t!!
And that’s what counts!!!

Sounds like what you should actually regret is choosing to support a team with the stature of Grimsby Town and pinning yer’ happiness on them!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Wrexham

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.