Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Wrexham
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Match Thread Wrexham

This thread currently has 21,725 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
September 16, 2023, 5:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
My regrets are supporting a team that most people expected to lose today.
My regrets are that whilst our supporters say consolidation Wrexham say promotion.
My regrets are that we say look good, Wrexham say win.
My regrets are we should have won this and should have won that, but we didn’t!!
And that’s what counts!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 208
aldi_01
September 16, 2023, 5:20pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from DB
It's not that they were brilliant but the manner we failed to defend their goals, especially since we knew they would be sending the ball high into the area.

Hopefully, we should have Rose and Eisa back next week but Pyke is out of his depth. I think it's best to write this game off as poor day at the office and hopefully they'll sharpen up against Crawley next week.

It was never anything more than another league game, of which we’ve only lost 2 so far. Hardly something to cry about like some do.

We’ll learn and move on.

There’s a documentary tonight, about famous people abusing their power to take advantage of vulnerable people who’ve likely had their lives ruined or badly affected by the trauma, makes losing at Wrexham seem irrelevant really…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 208
ginnywings
September 16, 2023, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Mariner93er

Strikers aren't this mythical thing. They exist. It's up to Hurst to allocate funds accordingly to get the right one in. When we're getting to three windows in and we're still missing out on a striker, questions should rightfully be asked. I get some are overly negative on here, but being positive and apologetic for the sake of it is no more productive than they are.

Yes, they do exist, but ones that are better than what we have, we can afford, and want to come here are a bit thinner on the ground. We have improved on last years batch, but we came up one short and have injuries to two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 208
Northbank Mariner
September 16, 2023, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,495
Gold Stars: 171
Shite lads n lasses....nothing more nothing less...
Gulf in budget and f@ck me it shows...
Steven Fletcher was next level, we need someone of that ilk and experience, we just do not create enough chances, doesn't matter who's up top, Messi would struggle to score in this tram I'm afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 208
Brummie Codfather
September 16, 2023, 5:37pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +854
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from heppy88
My regrets are supporting a team that most people expected to lose today.
My regrets are that whilst our supporters say consolidation Wrexham say promotion.
My regrets are that we say look good, Wrexham say win.
My regrets are we should have won this and should have won that, but we didn’t!!
And that’s what counts!!!

I don’t regret supporting Town, win/lose/or draw.  I doubt you do either and are letting the emotion get the better of you.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 208
headingly_mariner
September 16, 2023, 5:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,381
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Shite lads n lasses....nothing more nothing less...
Gulf in budget and f@ck me it shows...
Steven Fletcher was next level, we need someone of that ilk and experience, we just do not create enough chances, doesn't matter who's up top, Messi would struggle to score in this tram I'm afraid.

Someone who has gone for over 20 million pound worth of transfers in his career and is in double figures for international goals?
Seems unrealistic.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 208
heppy88
September 16, 2023, 5:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Brummie Codfather

I don’t regret supporting Town, win/lose/or draw.  I doubt you do either and are letting the emotion get the better of you.

Yep you’re probably right. But we seem conditioned to expect we’ll always be second best.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 208
HerveJosse
September 16, 2023, 5:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
I wonder if Rose and Eisa where injured and is so whether just a niggle and could have played but Hurst being pragmatic we ain’t going to win this so rest for next week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 208
MuddyWaters
September 16, 2023, 5:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
I have no qualms about today. We had the majority of possession, but we don't have their strength in depth. They have players capable of playing in League 1 and higher, all over the pitch.

My regrets are not winning at Walsall and Bradford, when we were the better side, which shows where we need to improve. I'm sure PH wanted another striker through the door before the window shut, but the ones that we could sign were no improvement and the ones we wanted chose to go elsewhere.

Who were they?
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 208
BrMarin
September 16, 2023, 5:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +17 / -2
Approval: +95
Gold Stars: 8
Should have kept our usual formation. Same back 5. Harry moved to the left, Pyke up top, Arthur on the right. Hunt, Ainsley or the new lad from WBA, or Evan in the middle with Holohan and tried to press the intercourse out of them. Might have been a similar result but matching their formation was stupid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Wrexham

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.