Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wot!  No attendance thread!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Wot!  No attendance thread!

This thread currently has 5,380 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
ska face
August 23, 2023, 1:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Doesn’t matter where you sit people, what the acoustics are like or whether you’re standing or sitting - problem is the ground is full of miserable old killjoys, geriatrics who spend most of the match moaning about how things were better in the 70s and those who do make an atmosphere are split between groups who want to sing different things.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 68
Rick12
August 23, 2023, 1:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from chaos33
Typical Town. We’ve just sat back after starting with a good attendance and let other clubs just bring who they want. The owners need to get their head out the sand. We should be getting 9k every game.
Problem is Chaos  £20 plus is a lot to watch a game of football in the bottom basement and even if you get a season ticket some people will have commitments like work and family and for some wives/ girlfriends they hate the football and would prefer their men to spend quality time with them when the time is available.

Better to marry someone that likes football. Problem solved 🙂.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 68
diehardmariner
August 23, 2023, 1:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 539
I don't understand why some fans think "that's a problem, so that is a no to that suggestion. "

All problems have solutions, often quite simple ones.

It's not just the fans of the football club.  I hate saying it but it's a small town mentality.  Nothing changes in Grimsby or the surrounding areas because the people don't want it.  It's far easier to moan about something constantly rather than doing something about it.  People will moan all day and night about a lack of investment in the town, wasted spending by the council, inefficient services etc. yet either vote for the same dross on the local council or not at all.

It's almost as if as a result of years of not having nice, new and exciting developments the population has been gaslight into believing they don't deserve anything nice and find excuses to prevent it.  
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 68
Madeleymariner
August 23, 2023, 2:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from Rick12
Problem is Chaos  £20 plus is a lot to watch a game of football in the bottom basement and even if you get a season ticket some people will have commitments like work and family and for some wives/ girlfriends they hate the football and would prefer their men to spend quality time with them when the time is available.

Better to marry someone that likes football. Problem solved 🙂.

You wish Rick, my wife used to come to any game I went to when we were dating, knew who the players were etc. Once married she has not been to one game and moans on and off about time and money I spend being a Town fan. They are like a turkey farmers at Christmas, they lay down a trail of seed and we go peck peck peck along until suddenly your walking out of the church and thats it mate    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 68
Rick12
August 23, 2023, 2:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner

You wish Rick, my wife used to come to any game I went to when we were dating, knew who the players were etc. Once married she has not been to one game and moans on and off about time and money I spend being a Town fan. They are like a turkey farmers at Christmas, they lay down a trail of seed and we go peck peck peck along until suddenly your walking out of the church and thats it mate    

Try to come to a compromise though Madeley eg two games a month is your downtime and then give her two saturdays eg take her her out somewhere nice like the theatre or a meal .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 68
Les Brechin
August 23, 2023, 2:38pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
I don't understand why some fans think "that's a problem, so that is a no to that suggestion. "

All problems have solutions, often quite simple ones.

It all depends on what the owners' intentions are but if no substantial improvements are in the pipeline there is a lot they can to maximise what we've got with some ingenuity.

I ain't sitting on nobodys knee.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 68
lew chaterleys lover
August 23, 2023, 3:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,721
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Les Brechin

I ain't sitting on nobodys knee.

I hadn't thought of that to be fair, but now you mention it..

Some knees are better than others mind. First come first served!
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 68
lukeo
August 23, 2023, 4:36pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I recently got married and a quote from my better half
" Now you don't play football as much you can go watch Grimsby more can't you? "
Aka f#ck off out for the day so I can read my book and eat dominos to myself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 68
Rick12
August 23, 2023, 5:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
I recently got married and a quote from my better half
" Now you don't play football as much you can go watch Grimsby more can't you? "
Aka f#ck off out for the day so I can read my book and eat dominos to myself.
Whats she like with the world cups?. Ive found some women who dont like football will watch the world cups and enjoy it .This applied to the women's world cup final as well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wot!  No attendance thread!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.