Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wot!  No attendance thread!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Wot!  No attendance thread!

This thread currently has 5,377 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
August 19, 2023, 9:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Do the maths 2000 in the upper two turnstiles spread over say an hour that’s one scanned every 3 and half seconds per turnstile . I don’t think so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 68
Manchester Mariner
August 19, 2023, 10:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Attendance aside, anyone else already furious about next years financial accounts getting filed?

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 68
lukeo
August 20, 2023, 3:36am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Apparently a fair few turnstile staff didn't turn up for work today according to the commentator
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 68
DB
August 20, 2023, 6:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Only 2 out of 4 turnstiles were open in the Findus. As for the attendance of 7100 I thought was poor. For some reason, it is hard to check the away attendance, so assuming it was 1,100 ( although probably more given it was a sell-out) it means that the home attendance would be around 6,000.

The sun was shining and the weather warm, we had just beaten Salford, at home a few nights earlier so, to me, the scene was set for a good crowd turnout. Whether it's the holiday season, I don't know but I do wonder how many non-season ticket holders were there.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 68
lukeo
August 20, 2023, 7:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from DB
Only 2 out of 4 turnstiles were open in the Findus. As for the attendance of 7100 I thought was poor. For some reason, it is hard to check the away attendance, so assuming it was 1,100 ( although probably more given it was a sell-out) it means that the home attendance would be around 6,000.

The sun was shining and the weather warm, we had just beaten Salford, at home a few nights earlier so, to me, the scene was set for a good crowd turnout. Whether it's the holiday season, I don't know but I do wonder how many non-season ticket holders were there.

Agree with you here. I like to flick onto the ticket page from time to time and I was surprised how many seats were still available in the osmond come Saturday lunchtime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 68
Mappers
August 20, 2023, 8:16am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
We had sold 7700 total by kick - off . So either 600 didn't turn up or/and it was due to this turnstile issue .

There was a good 500 seats left before kick of though to , It seems more are releasing their seats now  which is a good thing - they must be more tempted by the prize draw .

I am almost certain we will beat last seasons average attendance of 6279 based on that run of games at the back end of the season when quite a few teams will all but fill the away end .

Gillingham should be another good away turnout in a couple of weeks to , I would be tempted if I were the club to revise the plan of giving them the smaller away section as with them flying they may be capable of bringing more than 500 and we are not going to be filling it are we , unless there is a ticket offer ; which has never happened under Stockwood and Pettit .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 68
zorro_is_a_Mariner
August 20, 2023, 9:31am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
When you purchase a ticket on your phone does it have to be scanned properly to count towards the attendance.

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 68
forza ivano
August 20, 2023, 10:39am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,185
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from HerveJosse

Only two turnstiles open in upper today 10 minutes before kick off queue was back to Pontoon stewards stressed I took the opportunity to test the scanning which I have always been sceptical about covered the qr code with my thumb and was waived through as usual.

absolutely scandalous Hereve! I am shocked and appalled with 1878's laxity and lack of professionalism. When the hell are they ever going to be held to account and given the heave ho? Would never have happened under your mate Fenty's reign
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 68
GrimRob
August 20, 2023, 4:34pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,409
Gold Stars: 113
It's worth reminding ourselves what has been agreed next season in the new 5 year deal, which is likely to see a big decrease in travelling fans for some games. ALL midweek games will be shown live and 10 EFL matches will be moved from 3pm on Saturday. 5 out of 24 L1/L2 games will be moved from 3pm. That's probably at least 2 or 3 games at BP which will move from 3pm, more if we are near the top or bottom. There will be more camera angles as well than the current coverage.

I can only see attendances start to drop

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 68
Mappers
August 20, 2023, 4:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from GrimRob
It's worth reminding ourselves what has been agreed next season in the new 5 year deal, which is likely to see a big decrease in travelling fans for some games. ALL midweek games will be shown live and 10 EFL matches will be moved from 3pm on Saturday. 5 out of 24 L1/L2 games will be moved from 3pm. That's probably at least 2 or 3 games at BP which will move from 3pm, more if we are near the top or bottom. There will be more camera angles as well than the current coverage.

I can only see attendances start to drop

Yeah I live 3 and  a half hours away and will still get a season ticket ,but will probably pick and choose the one's that are on TV to miss  - bet there will be others similiar .

Loads of free streams will be available aswell , for the televised games , lets face it you can find one now for most games .

I wonder whether the deal will actually lose lower league clubs money ,or if all the regulars and others team away regulars will keep gates relatively high?

Kick off times might effect quite a lot of people being able to go to certain games to.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 68
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wot!  No attendance thread!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.