June 29, 2023, 8:50pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,851
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Mikey_345
Like Orsi, and I’ve banged on about that for a while - would have liked him to stay as think there’s something there. But it’s a deal to go back South which you’d guess is something he probably wanted and we get a fee,  best for all parties.

Again, I liked him but let’s not pretend what our main gripe was last season - strikers and goals. He scored 4 in 32 and has some way to go to prove himself at this level, are we in a position to wait? Looking around some of the main people annoyed by this (by no means all) are the same that were the biggest critics of our forward options last year. I think Hurst is being very clinical in this window.

Thanks for the memories Dan, you’ll be fondly remembered!

This is deeply misleading way of representing his attacking output - he played 1119 minutes total last season, equivalent to just over 12 full matches. With 4 goals and 4 assists in that time he's averaged a goal and assist nearly every 3 games played.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 84
IlkleyMariner
June 29, 2023, 8:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Please don’t confuse the issue with facts….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 84
MuddyWaters
June 29, 2023, 8:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Chrisblor

This is deeply misleading way of representing his attacking output - he played 1119 minutes total last season, equivalent to just over 12 full matches. With 4 goals and 4 assists in that time he's averaged a goal and assist nearly every 3 games played.

Which ever way you look at it, he was still our player so you’ve got to think we’ve now got better options.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 84
Poojah
June 29, 2023, 9:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,568
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Which ever way you look at it, he was still our player so you’ve got to think we’ve now got better options.

Or at the very least, are about to add better options. As it stands, Abo Eisa and Donovan Wilson are our tallest forwards at a middling 5ft 11”.

This may well simply be a symptom of the tactical luddite that I am, but it would be a source of mild concern to me if we went into the season in that position.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 84
Maringer
June 29, 2023, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,528
Gold Stars: 185
Orsi was a bit over 6 feet tall, but barely looked like he'd win a header. If our relatively diminutive forwards are the way we're heading, I agree that having the option of a bigger lump to chuck on up front might be helpful, but Orsi was never that sort of a player

Truth be told, I'm not too bothered about him leaving. He offered absolutely nothing in his rare appearances prior to the Cup run and, though I agree he looked very calm on the ball when he took his few goals, I don't think he really offered enough in the League games that I saw. Would probably do better alongside a target man, but we don't seem to be planning to play with one of those. It looks like pace, power and nouse are where we're heading, so I hope rest of the players remember not to whack it straight up the middle!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 84
Poojah
June 29, 2023, 9:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Orsi was a bit over 6 feet tall, but barely looked like he'd win a header. If our relatively diminutive forwards are the way we're heading, I agree that having the option of a bigger lump to chuck on up front might be helpful, but Orsi was never that sort of a player

Of course, I agree with all that, but since the end of last season we’ve lost our two tallest forwards in Ryan Taylor and Danilo Orsi and George Lloyds who, whilst fairly short, was deceptively good in that regard. I know Danny Rose is similar in style to Lloyd, it just feels that height and physicality are the obvious gaps among our current attacking options.

Plenty of time left to address that, of course.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 84
Maringer
June 29, 2023, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,528
Gold Stars: 185
Kyle Hudlin on loan?!?

(Just kidding)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 84
Poojah
June 29, 2023, 9:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
Kyle Hudlin on loan?!?

(Just kidding)

Stops him scoring against us (you’d hope…)

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 84
GollyGTFC
June 29, 2023, 9:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,960
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Poojah

Stops him scoring against us (you’d hope…)

He could be Mickael Antoine-Curier mk 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 38 - 84
Mikey_345
June 29, 2023, 9:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Quoted from Chrisblor

Fair point, and probably a touch hypercritical of me as I make the same argument when people quote stats for strikers aswell - so yep my bad.

Point I was really trying to make though is with a poorish forward line he didn’t stake much of a claim to the team. Maybe that’s something PH has seen in training, I don’t know.

As I say I liked him and thought there was something worth looking at - but it isn’t a massive loss in the grand scheme of things. We move on and hope the replacements do better.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Orsi Gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.