This thread currently has 10,090 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
June 29, 2023, 7:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
I just hope we’ve received GBP rather than any crypto magic beans from them as a fee. It’s a shame he’s gone but you’d hope that means we’ll have a replacement lined up.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 84
Limerick Mariner
June 29, 2023, 7:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from diehardmariner

But if we've brought in better...

For what's it worth I think he merited more chances.

Wish the lad well.

Agree, would have liked to see him play with a Taylor 21/22 type player, or 2 up front with Rose. Magnificent over the 2 games v Luton.

Only makes sense to me if do now bring in better

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 84
Maringer
June 29, 2023, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,553
Gold Stars: 185
Ultimately, other than some decent performances in Cup games, he didn't do enough when given a chance in the league, so I'm not too surprised he has left. I thought he'd probably be heading into the National League truth be told, so good for him that a League club has come in for him. Makes life easier for Hurst as I think we'd struggle to fit him in this season given the types of forwards we've signed so far.

Of course, he's guaranteed to score against us, so let's hope our other attackers can score at least a couple when we face Crawley!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 84
MuddyWaters
June 29, 2023, 7:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,258
Gold Stars: 236
He did great in the Cup games where endeavour was the order of the day but he never really cut it in the League. I wish him well, the effort was always there, he never let his head drop and that’s a lot more than some managed in the past.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 84
GtfcGarner
June 29, 2023, 8:04pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
This is a weird one for me as I think it’s probably the right footballing decision for us but emotionally he just seemed a town player if that makes sense. Perhaps not the goal scorer we was after but on the rare occasion he did get on the pitch he was a trier and never lacked effort and a really likeable fella. I wish him well and personally hope he goes on to have a good season for himself.

Thanks for the (short) but sweet memories Danilo and when you decide to hang up them boots a degree in Drama wouldn’t go  amiss after the beautiful antics at St.Mary’s
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 84
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
June 29, 2023, 8:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Another player out the door because he won’t car share from Sheffield

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 84
diehardmariner
June 29, 2023, 8:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Maringer
Ultimately, other than some decent performances in Cup games, he didn't do enough when given a chance in the league, so I'm not too surprised he has left  

I imagine his contribution per minute was higher than both Taylor and McAtee last season. I know there's far more to football than goals and assists, but with the exception of Lloyd we didn't have anyone up front who did enough up there.

The difference between Orsi and the others is that he didn't get a sustained chance. Even when we were pretty much begging for something different up there. McAtee and Taylor continued to be picked even when contributing nothing.

He's gone and it was always on the cards. I fancy that we'll look back in 12 months and see this as the right move. But, for whatever reason, I don't think he had a fair crack of it here.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 84
Chrisblor
June 29, 2023, 8:25pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,863
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Maringer
Ultimately, other than some decent performances in Cup games, he didn't do enough when given a chance in the league, so I'm not too surprised he has left. I thought he'd probably be heading into the National League truth be told, so good for him that a League club has come in for him. Makes life easier for Hurst as I think we'd struggle to fit him in this season given the types of forwards we've signed so far.

Of course, he's guaranteed to score against us, so let's hope our other attackers can score at least a couple when we face Crawley!

When was he given a chance in the league? He only started 5 league matches all season and the first time he started two games consecutively was in the 4th and 3rd from last matches of the season.

If you add up his (very low) minutes played across the season and divide it by his total goals and assists (4 + 4 = 8 ) he averaged a goal or assist every 140 minutes played. The only other player in our squad last season coming close to that sort of attacking output was George Lloyd.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 84
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 29, 2023, 8:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,277
Gold Stars: 306
Good luck to him.

Scored goals in his non league days but didn't score goals for us or Harrogate. He was often anonymous in games and didn't turn his hard work into an end product.

Seemed a good bloke so I genuinely hope he does well.

But not against us.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 84
Mikey_345
June 29, 2023, 8:38pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Like Orsi, and I’ve banged on about that for a while - would have liked him to stay as think there’s something there. But it’s a deal to go back South which you’d guess is something he probably wanted and we get a fee,  best for all parties.

Again, I liked him but let’s not pretend what our main gripe was last season - strikers and goals. He scored 4 in 32 and has some way to go to prove himself at this level, are we in a position to wait? Looking around some of the main people annoyed by this (by no means all) are the same that were the biggest critics of our forward options last year. I think Hurst is being very clinical in this window.

Thanks for the memories Dan, you’ll be fondly remembered!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Orsi Gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.