9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
June 29, 2023, 6:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
He would be 4th or 5th choice striker , a bits and pieces forward who did well in the cups and was a decent bloke .

But if we are to kick on we need better , assuming Hurst has got a striker with a physical presence lined up of better quality .

Hopefully Orsi does well at Crawley , but they are a basket case in reality so will have his work cut out .

Hopefully we got a tidy little fee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 84
Poojah
June 29, 2023, 6:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,610
Gold Stars: 1,503
Despite some debate about his actual height (no way he's 6ft 2"), Orsi was still the tallest striker we had on our books. Does his exit indicate that we're about to bring in a big number 9 type or merely that Hurst doesn't intend to play with a traditional focal point up top?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 84
ginnywings
June 29, 2023, 6:29pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Clever player with a goal in him and clearly has a football brain, but I don't think he was a PH type. His lack of game time confirmed that, and he was often overlooked for young loanees, which I found strange.

Maybe he pushed for a move, knowing nothing would change this season.

I liked him and wish him well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 84
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 29, 2023, 6:31pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Poojah
Does his exit indicate that we're about to bring in a big number 9 type, or merely that Hurst doesn't intend to play with a traditional focal point up top?

When you think about the quality of the wingers we have brought in, along with Khan, Hurst could be changing 'us' shape and wanting the wingers to be pinging crosses in for someone to get their nut on the ball.

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't go for a number 10 this year, just have two target men up in the box.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 84
moosey_club
June 29, 2023, 6:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Disappointed on this one. Intelligent player, very aware of players around him, good movement......just take that Donny away performance as an indication of his ability /effectiveness .

Wish him all the best 👍

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 84
Poojah
June 29, 2023, 6:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,610
Gold Stars: 1,503

When you think about the quality of the wingers we have brought in, along with Khan, Hurst could be changing 'us' shape and wanting the wingers to be pinging crosses in for someone to get their nut on the ball.

Wouldn't surprise me if we don't go for a number 10 this year, just have two target men up in the box.

If that’s the plan, I hope we’re close to finding them.  It’s the one area we seem to have found tough in recruitment and there don’t seem to be loads of players available of that ilk.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 84
Heisenberg
June 29, 2023, 6:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
I liked him. I’m a bit gutted about this, but we have to trust Hurst in these moments.

Inevitable really with all the forward players he’s brought in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 84
diehardmariner
June 29, 2023, 6:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,637
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Chrisblor
I'm not happy about this. On the rare occasions Hurst actually let him start games he looked like a clever and productive player. 1 goal and 3 assists in 4 FA Cup starts all against much higher opposition! If Crawley actually play him regularly he'll do very well for them.

But if we've brought in better...

For what's it worth I think he merited more chances.

Wish the lad well.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 84
Roast Em Bobby
June 29, 2023, 6:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Intrigued to know what the fee was. Can't imagine it was very much - 10-20K?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 84
toontown
June 29, 2023, 6:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
This doesn't surprise me at all. Hurst was picking simmonds, pepple, richardson, etc instead of Orsi for the bench or first team on plenty of occasions.  He also sent them all back as not good enough, that tells you Hurst was far from convinced by him. In my opinion he didn't take his chances when he was played in the league, although he didn't get many chances, in those he did he looked quite mediocre.

However he was superb in the cup which shows there is a player in there. His intelligent reaction to that punch in the back from the southampton defender is what won us that game, gave us such incredible memories and earn the club a small fortune from the quarters.

Good luck to the lad, I'm genuinely not sure how he will get on at Crawley. Thanks for those cup performances Orsi!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 84
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Orsi Gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.