Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Project Wrexham over already?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 136 Guests

Project Wrexham over already?

This thread currently has 8,263 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
OddShapedBalls
June 27, 2023, 9:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 39
Looks like the dynamic duo of Rob and Ryan are ready to move into F1 and join that circus ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/66016904  ) according to this, which probably answers what the shelf life of welcome to wrexham was.  I imagine as long as they keep getting promotions the docu-series will continue in one form or another, maybe trimmed down:

Wrexham Football Club owners Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney are part of an investor group taking a 24% equity stake in Formula 1 team Alpine.

Alpine's parent company, Renault, announced on Monday the two Hollywood actors are investing alongside Otro Capital and RedBird Capital Partners.

The 200m euros (£171m) deal values Alpine Racing, which is based in Britain, at about £706m.

Alpine are fifth in this year's F1 constructors' championship.

Reynolds and McElhenney completed their takeover at Wrexham in 2021 and the Welsh club were promoted back to the Football League after a 15-year absence when they won the National League title in April.

US investment firm RedBird is an investor in Fenway Sports Group, the owner of Premier League side Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

RedBird bought Italian Serie A club AC Milan in August 2022 in a 1.2bn euro deal and also has a controlling stake in French Ligue 1 side Toulouse.

Alpine chief executive Laurent Rossi said: "This association is an important step to enhance our performance at all levels."

Rossi added the investment would "boost" the F1 team's media profile, which in turn would support Alpine's "performance over the long term".
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
June 27, 2023, 9:23am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
The fact that Reynolds and McElhenney have a diverse portfolio of investments is, in itself, no indicator whatsoever that they are taking a lesser interest in Wrexham.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 56
sam gy
June 27, 2023, 9:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
They're also actors, producers/directors, pwn alcohol brands..

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 56
LocalLadGTFC
June 27, 2023, 9:54am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
They’re both very shrewd business men, Reynolds makes the majority of his earnings from his investments. He sold Aviator Gin for around 650 million and Mint Mobile for 1.35 billion. Having the sort of worldwide profile he does certainly helps the growth of these companies.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 56
ginnywings
June 27, 2023, 11:37am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Just another two very wealthy men "dabbling" because they can. The world is full of them sadly.

At the end of the day, our involvement with Wrexham will boil down to two 90 minute league games, and possibly a play off shot.

Didn't go too badly last time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 56
June 27, 2023, 11:41am
Guest User
The idea was always to build it up and sell it off. It’s what Reynolds does. They’re both very smart.

At what point this happens? Championship I suspect.
Reply: 5 - 56
Abdul19
June 27, 2023, 11:42am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
This board needs a Wrexham sticky.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 56
Mappers
June 27, 2023, 11:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
I still don't really mind Wrexham , if we still had our previous custodian i may view things differently .

I am very happy with Jason & Andrew and don't envy any other club .

I would suspect the documentary has a wider narrative than just to give us fans something to enjoy , but to  make us noticeable to. Wider audience and to potential investers when they think the time is right and required .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 56
ska face
June 27, 2023, 11:46am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,663
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Abdul19
This board needs a Wrexham sticky.

Some on here are already sticky enough over Wrexham. Absolutely obsessed
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 56
Mariner93er
June 27, 2023, 11:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,738
Gold Stars: 28
I don't mind what they're doing at Wrexham and it's a bit unfair to label them as typical rich owners. They've clearly put a lot into the club other than just money, bringing in sponsors and a much greater global reach. It's just the media obsession that's irritating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 56
Limerick Mariner
June 27, 2023, 12:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
The only thing I’ll envy about Wrexham will be a 5k capacity home end, which apparently is getting a lot of public money.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
promotion plaice
July 20, 2023, 10:57am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199

I see the mighty Wrexham lost 5-0 to Chelsea in their pre-season friendly in the US.

Makes our 7-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge not look too bad.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
ska face
July 20, 2023, 11:10am

Vodka Drinker
I’d sooner lose 5-0 in a friendly than 7-1 when it mattered…

Think I’d rather lose 5-0 than 7-1 regardless of the circumstances actually.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
diehardmariner
July 20, 2023, 11:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
I'd have taken 7-1 if it meant we went there and actually tried to play rather than that ridiculous man-to-man plan Jolley came up with, which I reckon on reflection was the only tactic he knew.

I remember getting excited seeing this video when he was first appointed, I thought it showed someone with a lot of tactical maturity and hoped that would transfer into League Two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKUq0-FtNMs&ab_channel=TheCoaches%27Voice
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
marinerjase
July 20, 2023, 11:18am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,656
Gold Stars: 147
What odds Giggs end up managing them sometime now he’s got the alll clear, I mean paid off someone..

Never ones to miss a marketing opportunity..Reynolds et al..I wouldn’t be surprised at all..

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
Poojah
July 20, 2023, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,603
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from promotion plaice

I see the mighty Wrexham lost 5-0 to Chelsea in their pre-season friendly in the US.

It's certainly an interesting pre-season campaign Wrexham are having. It's easy to swipe at the whole Wrexham thing, but take a step back and it's hard not to admit that, after so many years in the non-league doldrums, the prospect of playing friendly matches against the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and LA Galaxy in the likes of North Carolina, San Diego and Los Angeles must be pretty exciting for their fan base. For those fans with sufficient cash in their back pocket, therein lies the potential for one hell of a summer road trip. Would I fancy doing that with Town? You bet I would.

From a practical point of view though, I think you can certainly question how optimal a pre-season schedule it really. There's no doubting the commercial benefits for them, but playing virtually all of your pre-season games against vastly superior opposition, in searing heat, away from the players' families (having been flown out in economy by the club's main sponsor, no less), feels like a serious de-prioritisation of what players at this level actually need ahead of a long, mostly cold and arduous season.

As it stands, Wrexham have only signed one new player, albeit a decent one in Ben Tozer's old mate Will Boyle from Huddersfield. Whilst there's no denying that, in points terms at the very least, Wrexham are the best side to ever be promoted from non-league football, the step-up shouldn't be underestimated. This is going to be a very strong League Two, and the likes of Stockport, Bradford, Salford, MK Dons and, dare I say it, Grimsby, are going to be very different prospects to anything they faced in the National League last season. There's plenty of others, too.

Personally, I don't mind what Wrexham are doing. I think it's an interesting initiative bringing hope to a somewhat forlorn football club and community, and I think most Town fans can empathise with what Wrexham have been through over the course of the last 20 years. Yes, they are over-exposed in the media, but that's just the media doing what they do, and why wouldn't you look to take advantage of that in their position? The model they have developed is self-sustainable, at least in the short-to-medium term, and they're what most would consider a "proper" club, unlike the likes of Salford and MK Dons.

However, I do look at the business they've done so far and their pre-season preparation and wonder if they're taking things a little bit lightly. I reserve the right to wear egg on my face, but I have an inkling that they might just be in for a bit of a rude awakening...

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
wuffing
July 20, 2023, 11:30am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
We must not forget the mostly genuine Wrexham supporters, some whom donated to the enabling fund for our play-off final, an amazing gesture given that we tonked them along the way to it. They are very much like us....suffering years of non league obscurity and saving their club from oblivion from their own pockets. They deserve their moments in the sun, just like we do!

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
Rodley Mariner
July 20, 2023, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I wonder if the 'project' interferes with the football at all? Viewers have obviously engaged with it but if they'd ruthlessly replaced half the cast squad following promotion would that negatively impact those casual supporters?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
Poojah
July 20, 2023, 11:35am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I wonder if the 'project' interferes with the football at all? Viewers have obviously engaged with it but if they'd ruthlessly replaced half the cast squad following promotion would that negatively impact those casual supporters?

It never did Harchester United's ratings or on-pitch fortunes much harm, and they would routinely lose a good portion of their playing staff to the grim reaper each summer. Even Karl Fletcher did for it in the end, though at least Wayne Burnett did at least manage to make it through unscathed, thankfully.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
Abdul19
July 20, 2023, 11:38am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
I still have nightmares over Fletch and that peg.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
Mappers
July 20, 2023, 11:53am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

It never did Harchester United's ratings or on-pitch fortunes much harm, and they would routinely lose a good portion of their playing staff to the grim reaper each summer. Even Karl Fletcher did for it in the end, though at least Wayne Burnett did at least manage to make it through unscathed, thankfully.

Have Wrexham got a Linda Block?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 56
Poojah
July 20, 2023, 11:57am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mappers

Have Wrexham got a Linda Block?

She’s currently at Mansfield.

[img]https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article817309.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200c/Undated%20Handout%20photo%20provided%20by%20Mansfield%20Town%20of%20New%20Mansfield%20Town%20CEO%20Carolyn%20Still[/img]

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 56
Les Brechin
July 20, 2023, 12:27pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
I bet she doesn't end up in Coronation Street!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 56
Marinerdan
July 20, 2023, 12:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from Poojah

It's certainly an interesting pre-season campaign Wrexham are having. It's easy to swipe at the whole Wrexham thing, but take a step back and it's hard not to admit that, after so many years in the non-league doldrums, the prospect of playing friendly matches against the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United and LA Galaxy in the likes of North Carolina, San Diego and Los Angeles must be pretty exciting for their fan base. For those fans with sufficient cash in their back pocket, therein lies the potential for one hell of a summer road trip. Would I fancy doing that with Town? You bet I would.

From a practical point of view though, I think you can certainly question how optimal a pre-season schedule it really. There's no doubting the commercial benefits for them, but playing virtually all of your pre-season games against vastly superior opposition, in searing heat, away from the players' families (having been flown out in economy by the club's main sponsor, no less), feels like a serious de-prioritisation of what players at this level actually need ahead of a long, mostly cold and arduous season.

As it stands, Wrexham have only signed one new player, albeit a decent one in Ben Tozer's old mate Will Boyle from Huddersfield. Whilst there's no denying that, in points terms at the very least, Wrexham are the best side to ever be promoted from non-league football, the step-up shouldn't be underestimated. This is going to be a very strong League Two, and the likes of Stockport, Bradford, Salford, MK Dons and, dare I say it, Grimsby, are going to be very different prospects to anything they faced in the National League last season. There's plenty of others, too.

Personally, I don't mind what Wrexham are doing. I think it's an interesting initiative bringing hope to a somewhat forlorn football club and community, and I think most Town fans can empathise with what Wrexham have been through over the course of the last 20 years. Yes, they are over-exposed in the media, but that's just the media doing what they do, and why wouldn't you look to take advantage of that in their position? The model they have developed is self-sustainable, at least in the short-to-medium term, and they're what most would consider a "proper" club, unlike the likes of Salford and MK Dons.

However, I do look at the business they've done so far and their pre-season preparation and wonder if they're taking things a little bit lightly. I reserve the right to wear egg on my face, but I have an inkling that they might just be in for a bit of a rude awakening...

I quite like Wrexham, the documentary is good and they are clearly a ‘proper’ club and have certainly served their time in non-league. Not sure I’d feel the same way had they beaten us in the playoffs though.

Wrexham look to have enough in their existing squad to challenge next year. The big problem is how they fit new players into their squad, I think they are already over the squad size for the league by a couple of players?

Most of the players they have bought are 25+, on long term contracts and I’d guess are on very good money for this level. I’d imagine it will be difficult to move these players on, especially if they are enjoying being part of the documentary.

The other issue is how they keep the balance in the squad. Say they get the opportunity to bring in a Championship level striker (on Championship wages), how does this fit with Mullin? Will the other players want wage parity? It was clear from the documentary some of the players where unhappy with the wages being paid to the new recruits, that’s fine when it’s fringe players who are unhappy but a different story when its the established players.

I’d imagine this will only get worse if they get promoted next year as they’ll need to completely rebuild their team to compete at League One level.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 56
Les Brechin
July 20, 2023, 1:04pm

Quoted from promotion plaice

It was a very young Chelsea team too with their average starting XI age just over 19.

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 56
mariner91
July 20, 2023, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from diehardmariner
I'd have taken 7-1 if it meant we went there and actually tried to play rather than that ridiculous man-to-man plan Jolley came up with, which I reckon on reflection was the only tactic he knew.

I remember getting excited seeing this video when he was first appointed, I thought it showed someone with a lot of tactical maturity and hoped that would transfer into League Two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKUq0-FtNMs&ab_channel=TheCoaches%27Voice

Totally agree. It was shown to be ridiculous within a few minutes as they tore us apart with good movement and better athleticism. Might have worked in the Swedish top division where the difference between the players isn't too vast and, dare I say it, even the best players are still pretty shite. But to have your entire team of L2 players go man to man against a top Premier league team was incredibly naive and showed little, if any, tactical understanding. Might work to have one or two of the opposition man marked to nullify their individual threat but it was a disaster. No wonder he's now in the Spanish 4th division
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 56
Les Brechin
July 20, 2023, 2:08pm

[youtube]Dg8rrb2IxlM[/youtube]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 56
diehardmariner
July 20, 2023, 2:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Is that where he is now? Christ!

Crazy to think that five years ago most of us thought he was the saviour because he was answering a few calls about season tickets in the summer.

He performed a miracle in 2018 to keep us up, I can't take that away from him.  I honestly thought we were gone when we capitulated away at Coventry, I couldn't see any way back from that.  It was a pretty poor group of players too but he somehow got a tune out of them and a combination of Harry Cardwell falling over, Mitch Rose having nerves of steal and a decentish throw was enough to keep us up.  Even JJ Hooper found something that resembled form!  

But looking back on reflection, his spell was utterly drab.  What made it worse for me was that he would seem to build up his courage to attack teams, then at the first sign of any vulnerability he would revert to type and solely focus on the opposition.  
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 56
TownSNAFU5
July 20, 2023, 2:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
Wrexham will also try and increase their American fan base with high profile matches in the USA.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 56
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 20, 2023, 4:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,696
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Wrexham will also try and increase their American fan base with high profile matches in the USA.

Feature on Talksport about them on Wednesday and by all accounts they are really picking up loads of attention in USA through this Netflix series and have sold 35,000 shirts following promotion (clearly have different suppliers to us!!!).

Re-signing of players the guy acknowledged that basically they had signed L1 players for their conference campaign so there was less pressing on them to undertake any significant team building. Looks like they are destined for the Championship in a quicker timescale than even Philip Day forecast for town!!

Still eleven v eleven so fancy for a nice away win in September.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 56
DB
July 20, 2023, 5:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

If they keep losing I don't think it will do their American fan base any good.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 56
louth_in_the_south
July 20, 2023, 6:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
I love listening to managers who have this spiel about tatical planning. The whole randomness of ball sports is there’s no way of planning of what happens in a few seconds so the only way of really being successful is having players who can make split second decisions based on their abilities. Jolley could say all that stuff but if you haven’t got the athletes to react to losing the ball and winning it back you’re basically fu.cked .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 56
louth_in_the_south
July 20, 2023, 6:15pm

Exile
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
I love listening to managers who have this spiel about tatical planning. The whole randomness of ball sports is there’s no way of planning of what happens in a few seconds so the only way of really being successful is having players who can make split second decisions based on their abilities. Jolley could say all that stuff but if you haven’t got the athletes to react to losing the ball and winning it back you’re basically fu.cked .

Which is why we got relegated to the conference for the first time because most of them were useless urine. heads

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 56
forza ivano
July 20, 2023, 9:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
a dose of reality here. It didn't work against Chelsea, coz they were simply too good. However it might well have worked against Palace, if we haven't had the early sending off. As it was we held them for well over 85 minutes
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 56
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
July 20, 2023, 9:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
We played some really nice football at times under jolley, I could always see what he was trying to do, seemed a promising intellegent young manager driven to madness by the fentmeister general, reminded me of that episode of the simpsons with frank grimes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 56
mariner91
July 20, 2023, 10:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
We played some really nice football at times under jolley, I could always see what he was trying to do, seemed a promising intellegent young manager driven to madness by the fentmeister general, reminded me of that episode of the simpsons with frank grimes

We barely ever played nice football under Jolley. The odd game here and there such as Exeter away but generally the football was uninspiring, defensive dirge for most of his time here. Wasn't there reports after he'd left that he'd had players man marking the opposition when WE had a throw in?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 56
mariner91
July 20, 2023, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
a dose of reality here. It didn't work against Chelsea, coz they were simply too good. However it might well have worked against Palace, if we haven't had the early sending off. As it was we held them for well over 85 minutes

Palace had 34 shots. That isn't a tactical victory. That's a combination of good last ditch defending and poor finishing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 56
Mappers
July 20, 2023, 11:32pm
Champagne Drinker
I'm sure Jolley was a high earning trader in New York before he got into football coaching / management - he must really love the game to still be giving it a go in the Spanish lower league .

I thought he was ok , honest John had obviously given Jolley his side of the story regarding Humberside judging by his rant on there : Rob Straightin was 'a fu*kin straight shooter '(maybe it was an in joke )  but Burns and Tondeur were something else , not quite so good ; I can't remember what he said now but he seemed to flip out big time seemed a man on the edge .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 56
Sigone
July 26, 2023, 7:52am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Mullin suffered a punctured lung this morning in a friendly with manure.
Probably out for 6-8 weeks, might be our game he makes his return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 56
supertown
July 26, 2023, 8:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
Strange how their loss to Chelsea youths was highlighted but their 3.1 victory over Man Spew youths goes unmentioned. Cherry picking
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 56
Poojah
July 26, 2023, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from supertown
Strange how their loss to Chelsea youths was highlighted but their 3.1 victory over Man Spew youths goes unmentioned. Cherry picking

The game took place in the middle of the night, and you posted this at 8:30am in the morning. Give it chance, man.

As for Mullin, that’s a nasty injury and a big blow for Wrexham if it is indeed a punctured lung. If it is that, 6-8 weeks to have recovered from the injury, regained match fitness and being comfortable playing contact sport seems a very short period of time. I’d imagine he might not be starting games for them until November / December time.

They’ve got a bit of work to do in the window, still.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 56
ska face
July 26, 2023, 9:13am

Vodka Drinker
“Man Spew”
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 56
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 26, 2023, 9:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Poojah

And now every forward, or should I say agent will me smelling the Welsh ££ and getting their quotes ready:

‘ as soon as in knew Wrexham were interested there was no other choice’

‘ I’ve always liked Wrexham. Their supporters are up there with the best’

‘I like the project they are doing and what they are aiming for’

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 56
supertown
July 26, 2023, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Poojah

The game took place in the middle of the night, and you posted this at 8:30am in the morning. Give it chance, man.

As for Mullin, that’s a nasty injury and a big blow for Wrexham if it is indeed a punctured lung. If it is that, 6-8 weeks to have recovered from the injury, regained match fitness and being comfortable playing contact sport seems a very short period of time. I’d imagine he might not be starting games for them until November / December time.

It was aimed at sigone really, he posted before me with no mention
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 56
July 26, 2023, 10:24am
Guest User
I've said it before, but this will be the season Parkinson gets found out.
Reply: 44 - 56
Southwark Mariner
July 26, 2023, 10:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
"I signed because Ryan said I'd get to see the new Deadpool before it's out in the cinema"

All we ask is honesty!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 56
ivanosandwich
July 26, 2023, 10:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

And now every forward, or should I say agent will me smelling the Welsh ££ and getting their quotes ready:

‘ as soon as in knew Wrexham were interested there was no other choice’

‘ I’ve always liked Wrexham. Their supporters are up there with the best’

‘I like the project they are doing and what they are aiming for’

As some have already suggested, could Parkinson be checking his whiteboard right now, "Ah yes McAtee, let's give him a call".

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 56
Stew0_0
July 26, 2023, 10:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 35
It appears, according to this site: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23185202/man-utd-vs-wrexham-live-score-stream-tv-channel-team-news/ that Ben Foster defied Parkinsons orders not to hit the town before the game and went out drinking. Could be a bit of a fall out here also.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 56
TownSNAFU5
July 26, 2023, 10:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
The injury and win over Man U under 21s was featured on the BBC Football website this morning.  Quoted Parkinson as warning Bishop to stay away from his players.  Parky very angry at .
Losing his talisman to what he regards as a very bad tackle.  It was a friendly as well.

Chesterfield put all their eggs in one basket with one good striker.  Look what happened to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 56
Poojah
July 26, 2023, 10:43am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 140381
I've said it before, but this will be the season Parkinson gets found out.

They’ve got a tricky opening couple of months. Not unlike us of course, but they’re coming up with sky-high expectations into a division that is many degrees stronger than the one they just left, with just one new signing and now without their talisman and goalscorer.

Too early to write them off perhaps, but a cake walk it is not going to be.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 56
MuddyWaters
July 26, 2023, 1:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The injury and win over Man U under 21s was featured on the BBC Football website this morning.  Quoted Parkinson as warning Bishop to stay away from his players.  Parky very angry at .
Losing his talisman to what he regards as a very bad tackle.  It was a friendly as well.

Chesterfield put all their eggs in one basket with one good striker.  Look what happened to them.

I don’t like to gloat when others lose players to serious injury. However I’m prepared to make an exception with the obnoxious Mullin and Parkinson.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
Grantham_Mariner
July 26, 2023, 2:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,191
Gold Stars: 51
Also what is To$$er going to do now he can't use a towel to dry the ball ?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
Blundellite
July 26, 2023, 3:49pm
Beer Drinker
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
Mullin is a diver and handballing cheat. What goes around comes around
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
Morris Minor
July 26, 2023, 3:59pm

Snakebite drinker
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -606
Gold Stars: 12
Karma for Mullin.
Cheated against us in the play-off winning a non-penalty and handling the ball into the net.
However, karma has caught up with him, while he recovers he'll be able to watch the Deadpool movies laid on his sofa.
As for Parkinson the least said the better, terrible attitude in the This Is Wrexham series.
UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
DB
July 31, 2023, 1:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,026
Gold Stars: 388
It looks as if Wrexham are upsetting a few people. You do have to wonder if their bubble has burst.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne.....just-23-minutes.html

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
Mappers
July 31, 2023, 2:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from DB
It looks as if Wrexham are upsetting a few people. You do have to wonder if their bubble has burst.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne.....just-23-minutes.html

I honestly don't think they will start well , to me Notts have a far superior side and have recruited well - are Wrexham still just reliant on that Tozer long throw ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
Rick12
July 31, 2023, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ginnywings
Just another two very wealthy men "dabbling" because they can. The world is full of them sadly.

Reminds me of the QPR documentary I saw titled the four year plan a while back. Once QPR got promoted the owners sold their shares and cleared off leaving a trail of sacked managers in their wake as they wanted quick success.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Project Wrexham over already?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.