forza ivano
June 17, 2023, 8:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,259
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from golfer
I have just come back from France and I tell you most of the food items in France are more expensive than in England.-. don'[t believe everything you hear on TV.

that's coz they know you're English
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 112
Norseman
June 18, 2023, 12:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +287
Gold Stars: 48
That'll teach me .Clicked on foreign players and all I got was a load of remoaners wittering about Brexit on a football forum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 112
GYinScuntland
June 18, 2023, 2:16am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,252
Gold Stars: 98
I suppose I'll be another 20 pages before it's realised that it's not a footy thread and gets moved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 112
rancido
June 18, 2023, 8:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,607
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from pen penfras

100%. It is the banks and capitalism that run the show. We are the problem in allowing it to happen, and people will just continue to spend every penny they have and more because that's what we're encouraged to do to keep the fallacy that is democracy going. We pay billions and lose out when the banks get it wrong. We pay billions into the bankers pockets when they get it right. No consequences for them and they just get richer and greedier.

People's attitude is a massive part of the problem. And the complexity of the financial system makes it so hard for normal people to understand what is going on, along with apathy, that I can't see how we possibly fix the system.

I'm not anti capitalism, I'm anti the banks having all the power. Governments should have the power to create and control money, but they don't, the banks do.

But which is the lesser of the 2 evils? Banks, for all their faults, totally understand the financial world but can manipulate things for their own benefit. Governments, of all political persuasions, come and go. Each successive government will have its own fiscal policy and its own approach to any global financial crisis. All political parties in the UK has had its fair share of corrupt MPs and ones whose sole intention was to " feather their own nests ".

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 112
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 18, 2023, 9:52am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +876
Gold Stars: 120
Quoted from Norseman
That'll teach me .Clicked on foreign players and all I got was a load of remoaners wittering about Brexit on a football forum

Yeh sorry about that. I started the thread with good intentions and with a genuine question, but some people just cant help themselves and have to turn it into something its not.

Thanks to the people who have replied 'on topic' anyway
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 112
ginnywings
June 18, 2023, 10:07am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548

Yeh sorry about that. I started the thread with good intentions and with a genuine question, but some people just cant help themselves and have to turn it into something its not.

You can't have a discussion about foreign players without mentioning the B word, because leaving the EU fundamentally changed everything and it is central to the issue.

Then the remoaner word gets used and that's like a red rag to a bull, so.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 112
gtfc98
June 18, 2023, 11:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,060
Gold Stars: 68

Yeah some people find it hard to let go of the fact that 17m people voted to make the country poorer.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 112
Maringer
June 18, 2023, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,620
Gold Stars: 185
And still don't have the gumption to admit they were sold a pup and ballsed it all up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 112
rancido
June 18, 2023, 2:51pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,607
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Maringer
And still don't have the gumption to admit they were sold a pup and ballsed it all up.

I don't think I was sold a pup. I fully expected a set back but unfortunately the pandemic and Ukraine has made things more difficult. I wanted out of the EU because I was frustrated with the UK's future and destiny being dictated by a biased political structure that was orientated towards the benefit of France and Germany. I don't regret voting out and I would do the same again if the opportunity arose again.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 112
Heisenberg
June 18, 2023, 10:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,095
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from rancido

I don't think I was sold a pup. I fully expected a set back but unfortunately the pandemic and Ukraine has made things more difficult. I wanted out of the EU because I was frustrated with the UK's future and destiny being dictated by a biased political structure that was orientated towards the benefit of France and Germany. I don't regret voting out and I would do the same again if the opportunity arose again.

There are some on here who will slag you off, but honestly I wish I could have written that so well, because it’s exactly how I feel.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Foreign players

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.