Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Glennon potentially to depart?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 182 Guests

Glennon potentially to depart?

This thread currently has 8,807 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
chaos33
June 10, 2023, 2:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from pontoonlew
I think Glennon is class but I would be surprised to see him in the Championship. The biggest difference the higher up the divisions you go for me is the physical attributes of players, they’re all so bloody quick & strong at that level, he’d get eaten alive by some of them.

He’s worth a lot to us though and he’s a very good L2 defender.

I agree. I’ve watched about 10 championship games this season (Middlesbrough) and he’s really not shown he’s up to the very high standard I’ve seen. I do think he’s great at our level though and if there’s a second tier club that want him I’d personally hope we absolutely cash-in. If there are a few interested, and we can play them off against each other, much the better.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 65
diehardmariner
June 10, 2023, 2:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Khouri's got a great future in midfield, I'd hate to see us intercourse about by playing him here, there and everywhere.

Big season for him and I can see him keeping established and experienced players out the midfield slots.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 65
Maringer
June 10, 2023, 3:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
It doesn't hurt to have a youngster who can fill in elsewhere, so if he is capable of doing a role at full-back, it makes it more likely he'll find a place on the bench. I'm not convinced he's ready to be a regular starter in midfield as yet, so it might be his best chance to get some game time. A lot depends on who else we sign (assuming Clifton stays).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 65
louth_in_the_south
June 10, 2023, 3:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,687
Gold Stars: 96
Glennon is destined for higher levels in the game . He came here to put himself in the shop window. The game at Brighton showed what he was ability wise . He’s not slow , but he’s not lightness fast . Somewhere in the middle but with the talent to progress. I’m no stats based IT freak but know a decent player when he turns up at gtfc . Glennon is one of these and think if he really wants it he could progress from the u23 level via L2 to a decent pro with a good career.
As long as we benefit with a decent ££ profit that’s what we’ve all been saying for years we should do ?!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 65
It Bites
June 10, 2023, 3:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,165
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Glennon is destined for higher levels in the game . He came here to put himself in the shop window. The game at Brighton showed what he was ability wise . He’s not slow , but he’s not lightness fast . Somewhere in the middle but with the talent to progress. I’m no stats based IT freak but know a decent player when he turns up at gtfc . Glennon is one of these and think if he really wants it he could progress from the u23 level via L2 to a decent pro with a good career.
As long as we benefit with a decent ££ profit that’s what we’ve all been saying for years we should do ?!

I'm glad you've seen . He's a classy player with a good future if he gets his move right . Any league one team should have their eye on him .
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 65
Limerick Mariner
June 11, 2023, 10:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

My daughter just back from travelling so we watched the Soton game which she had missed. Glennon could have been MoM. Holohan got it due to the pens, but Glennon was outstanding and looked well above League 2 level in that game. But then oddly he had some indifferent games against v average league 2 wide players.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Glennon potentially to depart?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.