Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Glennon potentially to depart?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 174 Guests

Glennon potentially to depart?

This thread currently has 8,815 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
June 10, 2023, 5:44am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,317
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from CSLM

Agreed.
Surely playing him further forward would make the most sense?
When he had decent support down the left he looked very dangerous.

I thought that , I think Hurst tried it one game early on with Amos LB and Glennon LM ,can't remember who it was against .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 65
lukeo
June 10, 2023, 5:52am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I rate him but I'm surprised at the size of clubs supposedly interested. If this is true then he will go for sure, a shame but I'm sure PH has  a plan B
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 65
diehardmariner
June 10, 2023, 6:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Hants.Mariner

Paul Dixon? Signed by Slade but recent memory

Definitely out of criteria.  

Arguably the worst left back I've seen for Town.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 65
acko338
June 10, 2023, 7:41am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
To move Glennon more advanced in the left flank would mean having to find a fully defence minded left back with enough pace to cover any speedy opposition wingers, which is where Glennon has been caught out sometimes this season.

The trap that Glennon has fallen into is when he is slightly too late making some tackles, either clattering the winger and getting booked, or having the ball nipped past him and not being able to turn and chase quickly enough.

Holding back, and not committing too early  would greatly improve the way that fans perceive his defensive qualities and assist him in not looking weak on that flank.

No one is above being sold for any good amounts, but some clear instructions in training sessions could make Glennon 100% more effective, and benefit the team as a whole.

Possibly spoilt by previously having Townsend and Andrew in that slot ??
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 65
diehardmariner
June 10, 2023, 7:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Regardless if he stays or goes, I'm not convinced Glennon is actually slow.

He wasn't slow in his loan spell and I'm certain he wasn't slow early on last season. But when he returned from injury/illness he looked like he needed oiling!

Hopefully any niggles and issues are sorted over the summer break.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 65
chaos33
June 10, 2023, 8:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Would need to be a balance between us acquiring as much as we can for him whilst not standing in his way if he receives a career changing invitation and wants to go. For me, if it’s a championship club, we should’ve asking at least for a 6 figure sum, and pushing that as high as we can.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 65
GollyGTFC
June 10, 2023, 8:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,957
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from LH
Pete O’Rourke is the League Two Fabrizio Romano so it’s likely there’s some truth in this. Cash in IMO.

He also linked Glennon with jobs prior to the January transfer window and he stayed then…

[tweet]1588176129101291521[/tweet]
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 65
Mappers
June 10, 2023, 8:45am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,317
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from diehardmariner
Regardless if he stays or goes, I'm not convinced Glennon is actually slow.

He wasn't slow in his loan spell and I'm certain he wasn't slow early on last season. But when he returned from injury/illness he looked like he needed oiling!

Hopefully any niggles and issues are sorted over the summer break.

Crikey you have not been in the lower for some of those balls in behind him then

Chugging puts it kindly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 65
ska face
June 10, 2023, 8:57am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He also linked Glennon with jobs prior to the January transfer window and he stayed then…

[tweet]1588176129101291521[/tweet]

I was wondering yesterday where O’Rourke gets his news from, given he gets the scoop on about 99% of lower league deals.

He must have a good relationship with agents, who feed him stories to drive traffic to that footballinsider247 website which essentially is just a platform for ads - there’s nothing of any real substance on there. Agents probably get a cut of the ad revenue for providing stories.

To that end, I’d say this is probably Glennon’s agent trying to manufacture a move away, or get a new contract put in front of him by exaggerating the level of interest.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 65
HertsGTFC
June 10, 2023, 9:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,913
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ska face

I was wondering yesterday where O’Rourke gets his news from, given he gets the scoop on about 99% of lower league deals.

He must have a good relationship with agents, who feed him stories to drive traffic to that footballinsider247 website which essentially is just a platform for ads - there’s nothing of any real substance on there. Agents probably get a cut of the ad revenue for providing stories.

To that end, I’d say this is probably Glennon’s agent trying to manufacture a move away, or get a new contract put in front of him by exaggerating the level of interest.

The thought had crossed my mind, social media is a free gift for greedy agents.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Glennon potentially to depart?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.