Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 88 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 5,799 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
buckstown
April 26, 2023, 8:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,236
Gold Stars: 79
Forgot to mention that I thought the ref had a good game last night. Let it flow, no glaring errors and the fact that he's not had a mention kind of gives it away
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
CSLM
April 26, 2023, 9:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from buckstown
Forgot to mention that I thought the ref had a good game last night. Let it flow, no glaring errors and the fact that he's not had a mention kind of gives it away

Good point mate.
I forgot about that, he was one of the better ones.
Thinking about it though Crewe were in the minority as they weren't continually fouling and bullying. Don't want to say cheating lol.
Mind you as I've realised, we are pretty good at all that at certain times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
Mariner_501
April 27, 2023, 12:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 28
Quoted from Maringer

Emmanuel does seem to have developed a 50p head from somewhere. You've got no idea where the ball is going to go if he manages to get his head to it. It almost went one worse last night after the ball bounced off his backside at such an angle that it set them up for a chance in the first half!

If I recall correctly, we paid a fee of some sort to Hull but only signed him on a short-term contract until the end of the season, the idea being that he'd put himself in the shop window for higher division clubs.

To be honest, I'm not sure that I'd be overly interested in signing him as, the odd flash aside (I'm thinking a few crosses for goals), he hasn't looked like he's too good for this division and he's been very much in and out of the team for a reason. I suspect he'd be pretty expensive salary-wise if he was to stay and I'm not sure he'd be worth it.

The first few games I thought he looked quality. Too good for the division. Now I wouldn’t be overly bothered if he signed it not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
LH
April 27, 2023, 12:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,593
Gold Stars: 175
Emmanuel’s drop off could be down to him being confident he has somewhere to play next season.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
Poojah
April 27, 2023, 12:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,736
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Mariner_501

The first few games I thought he looked quality. Too good for the division. Now I wouldn’t be overly bothered if he signed it not

Prior to signing for us, literally all of Emmanuel’s league football has come at Championship and League One level. Regardless of what you make of his recent performances there’s an abundance of evidence which points to him being better than this level.

This is pure conjecture, but I suspect Hull will have been paying a reasonable chunk of his wages since January. He’d probably have to take a sizeable pay cut to sign for us beyond this season, but if there’s a viable way of doing it, it would be absolute madness not to.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Northbank Mariner
April 27, 2023, 4:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Poojah

Prior to signing for us, literally all of Emmanuel’s league football has come at Championship and League One level. Regardless of what you make of his recent performances there’s an abundance of evidence which points to him being better than this level.

This is pure conjecture, but I suspect Hull will have been paying a reasonable chunk of his wages since January. He’d probably have to take a sizeable pay cut to sign for us beyond this season, but if there’s a viable way of doing it, it would be absolute madness not to.

Why would Hull be paying any of his wages?..he's our player and the fact he'd have to pay 40% tax on any earnings from a second employer. Personally i suspect we potentially paid a fee that equated to 6 months salary at Hull minus what we are paying him or Hull just paid him up to allow to sign for us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Norseman
April 27, 2023, 11:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Emmanuel done nothing to convince me he is worth a contract .Obviously been a very good player .But don't see it now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
forza ivano
April 28, 2023, 6:53am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Norseman
Emmanuel done nothing to convince me he is worth a contract .Obviously been a very good player .But don't see it now

He's certainly not a right back, but is certainly more than good enough at RWB for Div 2
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
ska face
April 28, 2023, 7:04am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
Maybe he’s struggling with his fitness given he’s not played a professional match since November 2021 and has come in & been asked to play a couple of times a week for the last 3 months. Might look a completely different prospect with a full pre season.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
lukeo
April 29, 2023, 6:40am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,400
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from ska face
Maybe he’s struggling with his fitness given he’s not played a professional match since November 2021 and has come in & been asked to play a couple of times a week for the last 3 months. Might look a completely different prospect with a full pre season.

This.
He shows glimpses of class.
At this moment in time I'd choose Efete over him, but I'm sure with a pre season under his belt he'd become a very very good full back at our level. I love his Shaun Pearson esc step overs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.