Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 106 Guests

Just back.

This thread currently has 5,797 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
April 26, 2023, 12:04pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,596
Gold Stars: 219
Quoted from Poojah

Complicit enough to receive a lifetime ban from football.

And have his name changed from an Italian one to an Irish one.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
Heisenberg
April 26, 2023, 12:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from Poojah

I heard stuff about him from a Crewe fan back around 1995, so I think he probably escaped very lightly, all things considered. I think Crewe knew exactly what was going on for decades.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
Maringer
April 26, 2023, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,668
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from DB
The team looked good but Emmanuel doesn't seem to have the touch he had when he first played, not that he played badly. Either Burnsy or Matt Dean said he came as a 'Free Agent' which made me wonder if he's still on Hull's books.

Emmanuel does seem to have developed a 50p head from somewhere. You've got no idea where the ball is going to go if he manages to get his head to it. It almost went one worse last night after the ball bounced off his backside at such an angle that it set them up for a chance in the first half!

If I recall correctly, we paid a fee of some sort to Hull but only signed him on a short-term contract until the end of the season, the idea being that he'd put himself in the shop window for higher division clubs.

To be honest, I'm not sure that I'd be overly interested in signing him as, the odd flash aside (I'm thinking a few crosses for goals), he hasn't looked like he's too good for this division and he's been very much in and out of the team for a reason. I suspect he'd be pretty expensive salary-wise if he was to stay and I'm not sure he'd be worth it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
rancido
April 26, 2023, 2:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,653
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from Poojah

Fair point  and I am not defending what happend just highlighting the recruitment and training model that existed at Crewe, initiated by DG.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
acko338
April 26, 2023, 3:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,222
Gold Stars: 33
It would be good if both Khouri and Braithwaite prove themselves to be the next one(s) of our own, as fans slways like to support graduates from the Youth set up.

Boyd and Essel seem to be further back in development, so recruitment of front players to develop into proper squad level players may need to come from higher league teams.

With that in mind, I would not be sorry to see Richardson return next season, hopefully fully fit, as he wasn't scared to compete up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 39
CSLM
April 26, 2023, 5:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
I've seen a few people comment on Hunt playing it safer/simpler second half.
I don't think they are the correct words as the switches to Khan were definitely neither of those.
He didn't try as many risky passes through the middle I would say.
He is by far the best passer of the ball, followed by Glennon. The crispness of the passing is the key. To be fair to Orsi and especially Khan they controlled the balls very well in the main.
There were certainly lots of stray passes including Hunt quite a few times. I do think he has something about him though and with the right players around him I think could be top league 2 level very soon.

Special mention for Khan, I think he could be great too.

Overall a decent watch though it does have to be said that Crewe helped us look good by giving us time and space.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
HertsGTFC
April 26, 2023, 6:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,991
Gold Stars: 228
Thought all the young starters did well last night, Hunt showed what he will be, Khouri how technically good and loved that interplay with Khan on the left in the 2nd half and Glennon showed that he’s really come on.

Andy Smith did really well, it will get knocked back but we need to put a bid in for him either way.

I’ve just watched the goals now and I thought H’s cross for Orsi’s goal looked like he’s been working on that part of the game.

Hunt did lose the ball a couple of time but not as many as Holohan.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
arryarryarry
April 26, 2023, 6:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from forza ivano
only my 2nd home game all season - don't know what you lot have been moaning about!
was an enjoyable game - can't add too much more to what's been said. Khan, Orsi, Clifton & Glennon all did well. Hunt made a goal but could've give them an equaliser with an awful pass. PH must pull his hair out watching him!
Khouri is growing in confidence, even through this 75-80 minutes you could see it. By the end he was doing back heels, little turns, cheeky bits of skill and having a couple of decent shots. The crowd were enthused by him, which is no bad thing. I think he's going to be worth watching next season

I thought he had probably his best game so far.

As regards that pass, having seen all the home games this season and most of the away ones you could swap the name Hunt for just about any of the other players for making a crap pass, not forgetting a fair number of our goals conceded through urine poor defending by most of the defence and that doesn't stop Hurst from picking them.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 39
MuddyWaters
April 26, 2023, 7:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,286
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from arryarryarry

I thought he had probably his best game so far.

As regards that pass, having seen all the home games this season and most of the away ones you could swap the name Hunt for just about any of the other players for making a crap pass, not forgetting a fair number of our goals conceded through urine poor defending by most of the defence and that doesn't stop Hurst from picking them.

He showed, with the speed of pass on several occasions, what he’s got that others haven’t.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
ginnywings
April 26, 2023, 7:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Thought all the young starters did well last night, Hunt showed what he will be, Khouri how technically good and loved that interplay with Khan on the left in the 2nd half and Glennon showed that he’s really come on.

Andy Smith did really well, it will get knocked back but we need to put a bid in for him either way.

I’ve just watched the goals now and I thought H’s cross for Orsi’s goal looked like he’s been working on that part of the game.

Hunt did lose the ball a couple of time but not as many as Holohan.

Harry put in a similarly excellent cross in the first half, but there was no one on the end of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.