12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
January 13, 2024, 12:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,933
Gold Stars: 79
The Mikey The Imp Twitter is a bullshit account. Said in the summer Amos was going to Oldham, Liam O’Neil was signing for us, Otis Khan was moving to Barrow and that we were set to announce Kyran Lofthouse last week (who went to MK).

Up The Mariners!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 112
mariner91
January 13, 2024, 12:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,652
Gold Stars: 261
Harry has been and is an amazing servant for this club. You couldn't ask for a better attitude and his work-rate is second to none. However, I do think he's better out wide as he hasn't got the ability on the ball to play central midfield consistently well, particularly in a possession based style of play. I also don't think he's anywhere near Championship standard. He's average/slightly below average in technical terms for a L2 midfielder, made up for by his physicality and attitude. But he's miles off the standard of a Championship player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 112
moosey_club
January 13, 2024, 12:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,260
Gold Stars: 226
Watch the documentary to see what makes Harry tick. Watched it last night and for me my respect for him grew. I have been  critical of him at times but listening to his words, his emotions and his recent experiences hit home.

Lots of words and interviews in the documentary  but his and probably Dave Moores were the standouts for me.

Two of our own.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 112
January 13, 2024, 1:17pm
Guest User
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Except that two successive managers make him one of the first names on the team sheet. I’ll bow to their better judgement.

Not sure what your point is in regard to what I actually said in my post.  

Reply: 83 - 112
dapperz fun pub
January 13, 2024, 1:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,939
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from mariner91
Harry has been and is an amazing servant for this club. You couldn't ask for a better attitude and his work-rate is second to none. However, I do think he's better out wide as he hasn't got the ability on the ball to play central midfield consistently well, particularly in a possession based style of play. I also don't think he's anywhere near Championship standard. He's average/slightly below average in technical terms for a L2 midfielder, made up for by his physicality and attitude. But he's miles off the standard of a Championship player.

Pretty fair assessment imo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 112
GrimPol
January 13, 2024, 2:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Knowing Harry's family personally, he's turned down multiple moves from higher up and which would of benefitted him significantly financially he's had the chance and not kicked up a fuss. The lad has played absolutely everywhere he's been told without an attitude or arrogance problem. Had an absolute belter of a year for us last year and the one time that he's gone through abit of a steady patch we are ready to turn our back on him?

Whatever happened to one of our own?  

Whose turning their back on him?    The manager has to pick the best team as they see it. It's a meritocracy, and nobody has a free pass.

The fans should be, and are proud of Harry, and he is one of our own however this is not a Junior School where you get Gold Stars just for turning up. I don't think Harry would want it any other way.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 112
LocalLadGTFC
January 13, 2024, 2:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,218
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from GrimPol

Whose turning their back on him?    The manager has to pick the best team as they see it. It's a meritocracy, and nobody has a free pass.

The fans should be, and are proud of Harry, but this is not a Junior School where you get Gold Stars just for turning up.

As bad as he's been this season, so has everyone else. He offers something none of the others do in the fact that you can count on him for 90 minutes to cover every blade of grass. He offers a lot of versatility to which was demonstrated at MK Dons, another reason he's probably in the team as it gives you better options for who you can name on the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 86 - 112
DB
January 13, 2024, 2:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Harry plays today so all the people who have criticised him are proved wrong. DA, like PH, must think highly of him as do most on here.

Why the hell do we tell people to get on and achieve things in this country and when they do, someone is always waiting to knock em down.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 112
January 13, 2024, 2:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from DB
Harry plays today so all the people who have criticised him are proved wrong. DA, like PH, must think highly of him as do most on here.

Why the hell do we tell people to get on and achieve things in this country and when they do, someone is always waiting to knock em down.

Well, I did not criticise him in my post, but as many others have said, he has not had a good season so far.

Reply: 88 - 112
GrimPol
January 13, 2024, 2:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

As bad as he's been this season, so has everyone else. He offers something none of the others do in the fact that you can count on him for 90 minutes to cover every blade of grass. He offers a lot of versatility to which was demonstrated at MK Dons, another reason he's probably in the team as it gives you better options for who you can name on the bench.

Can't argue with that. However, there must be a position he is best at and hence alloted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Harry Clifton

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.