MuddyWaters
April 12, 2023, 4:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Oh how I lament the days of decent wingers!

Plenty of decent whingers on here 🤔
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 52
forza ivano
April 12, 2023, 6:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from pontoonlew
I think Orsi would really benefit from having some decent wingers around him, unfortunately we’ve not signed one of them in absolutely ages.

sorry, but you're wrong. Look at his goals reels for Maidenhead in his successful season. What he needs is a centre forward to play off and a clever midfielder who can thread balls through to him. When you watch the video you'll see that they had  astocky black midfielder and he provides the assist time after time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 52
ska face
April 12, 2023, 6:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,774
Gold Stars: 851
I don’t watch a great deal of football nowadays, certainly not in the lower leagues, so does anyone know of any teams regularly playing with traditional wingers? Or any wingers in the old-school “chalk on your boots” type? I can’t remember seeing us play against any like that for a long time. The best I’ve seen recently was David Brooks when he burst through at Leeds - would just get the ball, knock it down the line, burn the full back & one-touch cross.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.