April 11, 2023, 12:36am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,157
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from GrimRob
We're 8th in the table away and 23rd at home. Schizophrenic. Promotion on the road and relegation at home.

Hurst is going nowhere and rightfully so .

What I would expect the owners to ask is how he plans to improve our home form and try and entertain the paying fans at Blundell park next season .

I know we have a happy love in with the oweners and manger but some questions should be asked .

I’m pretty sure the manger had made his voice heads to them about training facilities and the pitch which they have answered , now it’s his turn to answer the owners and more importantly the fans that haven’t had much to shout about at Blundell park
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 116
grimsby pete
April 11, 2023, 1:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,837
Gold Stars: 222
If Foster was on 30 grand when playing in the prem 5 grand would seem like peanuts to him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 116
April 11, 2023, 8:39am
Guest User
Quoted from grimps

Hurst is going nowhere and rightfully so .

What I would expect the owners to ask is how he plans to improve our home form and try and entertain the paying fans at Blundell park next season .

I know we have a happy love in with the oweners and manger but some questions should be asked .

I’m pretty sure the manger had made his voice heads to them about training facilities and the pitch which they have answered , now it’s his turn to answer the owners and more importantly the fans that haven’t had much to shout about at Blundell park

Do you think he just sat in his office during transfer windows twiddling his thumbs?  He said that he had missed a lot of his top targets for varying reasons, like for instance Dallas who said flat out he didn't want to come to Grimsby.  No one knows how this season would have been had he been able to get the players he wanted.

Reply: 102 - 116
DB
April 11, 2023, 9:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.39
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 123614

Do you think he just sat in his office during transfer windows twiddling his thumbs?  He said that he had missed a lot of his top targets for varying reasons, like for instance Dallas who said flat out he didn't want to come to Grimsby.  No one knows how this season would have been had he been able to get the players he wanted.

With the exception of Dallas, Hurst never tells us who he is interested in or puts an offer in for. The only ones we know about are the ones he has signed.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 116
OddShapedBalls
April 11, 2023, 10:09am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
All I wanted this season was to not be relegated.  We can still finish with our highest league position for 20 years this season.  Why the hell should we change the manager? He has many faults, but quite a few less than the rogues gallery of other managers we've had the last 20 years. If we want to play in the championship for example, we probably do need a better manager but sacking Hurst and going back to the merry-go-round won't achieve it unless one of us wins the euromillions and bankrolls it

I imagine we need to be finishing in the top 10 for the next 2 seasons and showing more of an ambitious playing budget before the calibre of manager required would be interested in joining Town.  To get the level of manger wanted we are in the same boat as player acquisitions - we can't pay as much as other clubs, crap location, yo-yo non-league basketcase team stigma - we won't attract high calibre managers until we've been solidly in the league for a few years to remove the yo-yo bit so we look stable and then the only feather in our cap will be that we gave Hurst 4/5 seasons before moving on and we can offer the same to the next bloke whereas all the other clubs are still going through 3 bosses a year.  

I don't see how Town are attractive to high calibre managers in the current situation, but give it 3 years of incremental improvements on and off the pitch and we definitely could be, especially once the new training ground etc have been delivered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 116
MuddyWaters
April 11, 2023, 10:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from OddShapedBalls
All I wanted this season was to not be relegated.  We can still finish with our highest league position for 20 years this season.  Why the hell should we change the manager? He has many faults, but quite a few less than the rogues gallery of other managers we've had the last 20 years. If we want to play in the championship for example, we probably do need a better manager but sacking Hurst and going back to the merry-go-round won't achieve it unless one of us wins the euromillions and bankrolls it

I imagine we need to be finishing in the top 10 for the next 2 seasons and showing more of an ambitious playing budget before the calibre of manager required would be interested in joining Town.  To get the level of manger wanted we are in the same boat as player acquisitions - we can't pay as much as other clubs, crap location, yo-yo non-league basketcase team stigma - we won't attract high calibre managers until we've been solidly in the league for a few years to remove the yo-yo bit so we look stable and then the only feather in our cap will be that we gave Hurst 4/5 seasons before moving on and we can offer the same to the next bloke whereas all the other clubs are still going through 3 bosses a year.  

I don't see how Town are attractive to high calibre managers in the current situation, but give it 3 years of incremental improvements on and off the pitch and we definitely could be, especially once the new training ground etc have been delivered.

We finished 4th 17 years ago. Then Fenty pisssed on Slade’s chips.
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 116
Spurn boy
April 11, 2023, 4:47pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

After yesterday’s last gasp win I do feel we have all calmed down a bit after Fridays dismal display and probably realise what we have a good management team and even better owners than what we have had for many years, I think that the performance that the players gave us on Friday was so poor in front of a large crowd it deserved an apology from Hurst but he is not that sort of guy. At the start of the season avoiding relegation was the first priority which we have achieved , I hope that our immediate future is secured with the money from the cup run and we can use this to sign players that will take us a stage further next season.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 116
OddShapedBalls
April 11, 2023, 5:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I stand corrected - I was making sweeping generalisations, probably because I've tried to remove Slade from my memory, sorry!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 116
Poojah
April 11, 2023, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,787
Gold Stars: 1,515
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The fat cúnt still ate them.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 116
April 12, 2023, 9:25am
Guest User
Quoted from DB

With the exception of Dallas, Hurst never tells us who he is interested in or puts an offer in for. The only ones we know about are the ones he has signed.

And that's how it should be.

Reply: 109 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › In Hurst I trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.