diehardmariner
December 13, 2022, 11:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from pen penfras

It's irrelevant how many 40% equates to if 60% are actually against it, they're larger. The bigger question is why are people opposed to a singing section? I can't think of a single reason. Nobody is forcing anybody to sing

I don't think it is irrelevant.  It's a significant number of people who actively want to see or do something.  Even more so because I think the key to the 60% is all in the question.  I can't remember the exact wording but I'm sure it was something like 'Do you want a singing section at BP?' with a Yes/No answer.  That's not enough to gauge those who aren't really arsed either way.  

I'm absolutely speculating but, very much like yourself, can't think of a single reason why anyone would say be against a singing section.  It makes no sense at all.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of that 60% just aren't bothered either way.  

Do I want something is different to asking if I'm opposed to it.  
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
WOZOFGRIMSBY
December 13, 2022, 6:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,927
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from lukeo
Regards a singing section...
People have their own views and opinions on this but I'd love to see us adopt one. Some people find it cheesey but I like the ones like Accrington, Lincoln, Exeter etc.
I was a regular in the top right of the pontoon, we tried our best to create an atmosphere back in the day. Rich Broadley and his trumpet, Gilly or Sam with his drum... back then the atmosphere was better but still not as good as it could and should be. But even then we had people throw abuse and hate us for trying to create an atmosphere.
For me, the people that do want this to happen need to take the initiative themselves and designate somewhere and spread the word (top right of the pontoon is the obvious place) I'm not saying create an 'ultras' section like Accrington but get a bit of something there to make people aware of the area and get the fans who want to sing and jump around, want to be in that section and get behind the lads.

Great post luke.

Only thing I would say is that the top right isn’t the ideal spot. Personally, in the pontoon, the middle section for me would be the best place. The sound would spread equally in there instead of it meandering across or ultimately being ‘lost’ over the railway track and out to sea (and the openness of the stand doesn’t help either!)

If, IF, we were to permanently have the osmond corner, then this would be the perfect area as the acoustics are great and being next to the away fans always adds that bit extra

Those that oppose singing at football matches amhas always, and will continue to baffle me. I wonder what Rob Scott would say about it

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporters Survey: Key Findings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.