MuddyWaters
December 8, 2022, 10:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from diehardmariner

I think that's a fair point.  I found the survey a pain in the bottom but probably spent more time grumbling about it than completing it.  

Little bit disappointed with the report if I'm honest, a lot of 'many of you said...'.  Well how many?  

Truth be told I'm always slightly sceptical of surveys.  It's very easy to let them tell the story you want it to tell and without the full answers it does feel like it lacks a lot of transparency.  Don't particularly understand the viewpoint that the volume of responses means they can't share everything.  The survey asked a lot of questions, the report doesn't reflect that at all.  

Reluctant to grumble at the club regards this as it looks like they've commissioned an outfit to help but the support has been quite amateurish.  Learning curve I guess...Can't knock the club for looking to bring in those who supposedly know their stuff rather than try do everything in-house on the cheap.  

The survey itself was unnecessarily long-winded, however I did it, am not particularly surprised with its' findings but wonder why they didn't mostly re-run the previous one which I believe was done in-house (and better!).
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
ska face
December 8, 2022, 10:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,754
Gold Stars: 851
Yeah I’d be more interested in what they’re planning to do with the responses. Don’t think there’s anything particularly earth shattering that came back, but now there’s a Head of Ops in post you’d hope there’s someone in the building with an idea about what can be done.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
OddShapedBalls
December 8, 2022, 10:11am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Barrattstander

Here in York, City fans still bow their heads in shame at any mention of 'Kit-Kat Crescent'.

I'm quite perversely looking forwards to seeing the 'Cillit Bang Bowl' erected down Freemo.  In all honesty it's difficult for clubs to turn down money, if there's any half decent offer it needs to be seriously considered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
toontown
December 8, 2022, 12:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Chrisblor

It took closer to 50 minutes for me mainly owing to the large number of open questions where you could write quite detailed feedback (absolutely fine), but also because it was full of sections which weren't relevant to certain sets of supporters (i.e. if I sit in the upper findus then why am I being asked about catering facilities in other parts of the ground, or if I never use the commercial facilities then why am I being asked questions which are only relevant to those that do) which could have been skipped with a bit of basic logic ("if Q6 answer 'no', skip to next page") added into the survey. It was also an issue of expectation management - the club's social media posts and website article suggested it would take about 10 minutes to complete, only for most users to find it was taking far longer than that once they'd begun completing it and there was no way to save your responses so you could return and pick up where you left off at a later date, but that’s just me…

Yeah, again I have to agree. Poor interactive logic, but also it didn't allow further expansion of some answers when I did want to expand.
The long time taken to complete it isn't bad in itself but I did it at a time when I could take longer than the suggested time span, if I hadn't and had to give up and start again i might not have done it again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
FishOutOfWater
December 8, 2022, 12:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from chaos33
The one that surprises me there is the high level of support for a ‘stadium naming sponsor’.
I was thinking only recently that we still have a traditional, geographical, historically significant name and how that contributes to our identity. I don’t know what proportion of clubs in the EFL still retain such a stadium name, but I would personally hate it if we were saddled with a commercially naff name ‘the Poundland stadium’ or the ‘DG motors arena’ or some such.

Got to say that was a surprise to me too, along with the seemingly very little support for a dedicated singing area
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 41
Bristol Mariner
December 8, 2022, 1:16pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Was she the two fingered or four fingered version?

Xmas bumper pack - 4 bars

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 8, 2022, 3:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,765
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Got to say that was a surprise to me too, along with the seemingly very little support for a dedicated singing area

Not looked too closely at the details but does this reflect the fact that 75% of responses were from supporters who had been going for over 20 years suggesting that maybe this group were the ones not enthusiastic about a designated singing section? I’m a Upper Findus man now but spent most home matches in the early 70’s in the Pontoon singing my heart out ( remember when the wooden support fence halfway up the Pontoon collapsed on Good Friday in 71 I think v Scunny?). I know we need to improve acoustics coming out the Pontoon but to me it’s part of the football fans development to go through the singing and jumping up and down with your mates. Works very well at Lincoln I believe and to me would help improve what is often a pretty dour atmosphere at BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
FishOutOfWater
December 8, 2022, 4:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,575
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Not looked too closely at the details but does this reflect the fact that 75% of responses were from supporters who had been going for over 20 years suggesting that maybe this group were the ones not enthusiastic about a designated singing section? I’m a Upper Findus man now but spent most home matches in the early 70’s in the Pontoon singing my heart out ( remember when the wooden support fence halfway up the Pontoon collapsed on Good Friday in 71 I think v Scunny?). I know we need to improve acoustics coming out the Pontoon but to me it’s part of the football fans development to go through the singing and jumping up and down with your mates. Works very well at Lincoln I believe and to me would help improve what is often a pretty dour atmosphere at BP.

Been in the Pontoon since I was young ( sounds a bit like a chant I join in on 😉 ) and I'm still there trying to get things going with a few outbursts of Maaarrrinerrrs etc

I realise not everyone wants to participate but when I look back on those early days when we'd all gather in there to sing our hearts out (admittedly while it was standing & not seated) and how now most of those around me seem content to just be spectators and nothing else, the atmosphere has been severely dampened

Each to their own but I know even though I've been going in there for nigh on 60 years, I'll keep on singing until my days supporting Town come to an end  🤗
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 41
moosey_club
December 8, 2022, 6:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,295
Gold Stars: 226
I thought the "singing section" exists in the Harrington St end of the Pontoon already ??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
pizzzza
December 8, 2022, 6:27pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
One that I do not think had been mentioned in this thread yet is that the badge change is in the 'X' column in the page about the new owners. Strange that in this survey this is marked as a negative when only a few months ago the poll to actually decide on the badge change was a 'yes'.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Supporters Survey: Key Findings

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.