Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 146 Guests

Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....

This thread currently has 36,358 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 22, 2022, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,658
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Poojah
Some rumblings that assistant Richie Barker may remain as interim boss to have a crack at a permanent opportunity, rather than following Warne to Derby. That could mean the saga drags on for some time.

Let's hope he does well!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 266
Les Brechin
September 22, 2022, 11:58am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,717
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Poojah
Talksport EFL correspondent reporting that Warne is to be announced at Derby “imminently”. At least there should be some certainty on that aspect sooner rather than later.

Some rumblings that assistant Richie Barker may remain as interim boss to have a crack at a permanent opportunity, rather than following Warne to Derby. That could mean the saga drags on for some time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62986369

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 266
Jarmo.Is.God
September 22, 2022, 12:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Meza

I'd like Grovesy to be given another chance but might be a bit risky to some.  I'd prefer PH to stay though.

Hasn't he recently been sacked by Gloucester? not done great at all.

I hope PH sees the long-term project and stays, and i think we might well have a chance of that happening!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 266
Northbank Mariner
September 22, 2022, 12:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,525
Gold Stars: 172
I've been thinking about this a fair bit this morning...
Would Hurst want the gig?...
Yes, he did well at the shrews yet the fan base never took to him, he failed at Ipswich and Scunny, again never got the fan base onside.
Came back here, to a fan base that held the "ear cupping" against him, managed to turn what can only be described a floundering oil tanker around and got the love of the fans back...
Would he risk going to Rotherham, where he's got legendary status, to see himself potentially fall flat on his face, see his stock as a manger fall through the floor and his adoration of the fans vanish?....
It's all about opinions but right now, I'm not sure he'd be interested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 266
Hagrid
September 22, 2022, 12:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
I've been thinking about this a fair bit this morning...
Would Hurst want the gig?...
Yes, he did well at the shrews yet the fan base never took to him, he failed at Ipswich and Scunny, again never got the fan base onside.
Came back here, to a fan base that held the "ear cupping" against him, managed to turn what can only be described a floundering oil tanker around and got the love of the fans back...
Would he risk going to Rotherham, where he's got legendary status, to see himself potentially fall flat on his face, see his stock as a manger fall through the floor and his adoration of the fans vanish?....
It's all about opinions but right now, I'm not sure he'd be interested.

shrews fans took to him mate, they just wernt happy with the way he departed
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 266
Son of Cod
September 22, 2022, 12:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Official Fishy Meltdown© status imminent.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 266
HertsGTFC
September 22, 2022, 12:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
The rumour mill says Gareth Ainsworth to Millers.

That would be a good appointment for them as he’s a good manager and a top bloke, it would be an absolutely brilliant appointment for us as it closes off the vacancy with someone who has a reputation for stability & longevity.

Lots of really good posts above. Clearly Rotherham is in Paul’s heart and from the outside it looks like a decent club with good ownership. If the opportunity came his way then I’d be in the camp if wishing him all the best and thanks for putting us in better shape on and off the field, managers and players move around that’s how football works.

Some things for me ….

- He is invested in GTFC, maybe not to the level of Rotherham but I guess to a level that would mean a move would be well thought out, as ever.

- He is 100% backed and left alone to get on with it by JS/AP and DC.

- Also we had a really bad run last season and lesser owners (as we’ve seen down the M180) would have pulled the trigger, Hurst strikes me as someone who does not forget loyalty and the importance of unity.

- What can he realistically achieve at Rotherham? In theory they “could” get up into the Prem but it’s more likely any manager would spend more time looking at what’s going on below them in the table rather than above.

- What could he achieve at Town? League 1 is possible and quite quickly, going higher may take some building but he’d be the one building it, his way from bottom up.

- I’d be amazed if he’d work with Scott again in any capacity, so if he did go shouty would need to get his CV out there quickly.

- The final thing is why the f**k would the manager of Rotherham leave to go to Derby, sodomist club on paper but one that has been a basket case for years.

Like I say when PH leaves Town as he inevitably will I’ll wish him luck

Oh yeah one final thing, when we do require a new manager I’d be 100% confident that our owners would bring in the best they could, unlike previous “custodians” as they know you get what you pay for and they’ll be savvy enough to do their homework & due diligence.

I don’t want to see a change but this club is in the safest hands it’s been in this millennium to manage a change if it was required.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 266
MarinerDevil
September 22, 2022, 12:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
Rotherham fan with zero #ITK credentials reckons Hurst doesn't want it. Good enough for me.

https://twitter.com/corden_blur88/status/1572878602471112704?t=w4WbY5NPlbEcHilmvcusSw&s=19
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 266
HertsGTFC
September 22, 2022, 12:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
I do think we have a different view of PH than the outside world does. We absolutely see his value as we know all of the context around what he has done here. Outsiders do not have that context and as such will in all likelihood be put off from an approach just yet. I’d say that this time round it’s too soon for Rotherham to take a punt, then next time they change their manager it could we’ll be a different story and they’d come knocking. Thing is though then, where might our respective clubs be sitting in the food chain?

Sensible post this, not all clubs have Town levels of romamtasism about former players . He left Rotherham 14 years ago.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 266
Poojah
September 22, 2022, 12:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,672
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from MarinerDevil
Rotherham fan with zero #ITK credentials reckons Hurst doesn't want it. Good enough for me.

https://twitter.com/corden_blur88/status/1572878602471112704?t=w4WbY5NPlbEcHilmvcusSw&s=19

That would be quite something if so.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 266
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.