Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 125 Guests

Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....

This thread currently has 36,373 views. Print
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
September 21, 2022, 5:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,673
Gold Stars: 1,508
Agree with all the above about the security of his job, the positivity around what he’s doing here and the very sound place he appears to be in mentally.

However, IF and it’s still remains a big if, Rotherham came for him I don’t see a scenario where he wouldn’t go. The top job at a club where he is already a legend, 10 mins from his house, a 4-6x multiplier of his salary on a long-term contract, and a small but not completely unrealistic chance of getting to the Premier League. If he’s not already, he’d be set for life.

If Rotherham want him, he’ll go, along with Doig and probably the rest of the back room team (as just happened to Brighton, and is now happening to Rotherham). I would be absolutely gutted in that scenario, but I couldn’t begrudge him in the slightest.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 266
ginnywings
September 21, 2022, 5:45pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Poojah
Agree with all the above about the security of his job, the positivity around what he’s doing here and the very sound place he appears to be in mentally.

However, IF and it’s still remains a big if, Rotherham came for him I don’t see a scenario where he wouldn’t go. The top job at a club where he is already a legend, 10 mins from his house, a 4-6x multiplier of his salary on a long-term contract, and a small but not completely unrealistic chance of getting to the Premier League. If he’s not already, he’d be set for life.

If Rotherham want him, he’ll go, along with Doig and probably the rest of the back room team (as just happened to Brighton, and is now happening to Rotherham). I would be absolutely gutted in that scenario, but I couldn’t begrudge him in the slightest.

Doig has said he wants a go at management. If PH left, he may try for the manager's job himself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 266
chaos33
September 21, 2022, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from Poojah

This, and I’m now officially worried.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 266
chaos33
September 21, 2022, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from ginnywings

Doig has said he wants a go at management. If PH left, he may try for the manager's job himself.

Very good point

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 266
Lost in Lincoln
September 21, 2022, 5:52pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

Doig is certainly the most vocal of our management team during games

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 266
DB
September 21, 2022, 5:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

Doig is certainly the most vocal of our management team during games

Quiet so, but it's Hurst that makes the decisions.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 266
DB
September 21, 2022, 6:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

This is all very depressing, so how about an alternative to Hurst - Scott Parker? Any other suggestions who The Millers might show an interest in, anybody but Hurst.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 266
petethemariner
September 21, 2022, 6:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
IF Rotherham came calling IMO he would be mad not to seriously consider it -  still lives in the area so no more commuting, at a club he  is vastly respected at and which is currently mid table 2 leagues higher than us, decent ground and presumably would be on considerably more money than here.
Hopefully though the fact that Rotherham would have to pay us compo, would be enough to make them look elsewhere and maybe his Ipswich problems would also have an effect on their decision.
There is alot to happen before we have to worry though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 266
Wiley2405
September 21, 2022, 6:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
This is worrying
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 266
DB
September 21, 2022, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from petethemariner
IF Rotherham came calling IMO he would be mad not to seriously consider it -  still lives in the area so no more commuting, at a club he  is vastly respected at and which is currently mid table 2 leagues higher than us, decent ground and presumably would be on considerably more money than here.
Hopefully though the fact that Rotherham would have to pay us compo, would be enough to make them look elsewhere and maybe his Ipswich problems would also have an effect on their decision.
There is alot to happen before we have to worry though.

Day1 We have a target and we have made contact
Day2 Our approach has been rebuffed
Day3 Our new offer has been accepted and our new manager is????

3 days is a short time and I'm worried.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 266
27 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Derby Sack Manager, Rotherham Gaffer favourite....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.