Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Scunthorpe.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Scunthorpe.

This thread currently has 718,447 views. Print
455 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
September 9, 2022, 9:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -6
Approval: +13,105
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from RonMariner
Makes you wonder how much he is asking for. Nothing like £11 million surely? After all, Our owners effectively paid £2.5 million for what is clearly a bigger club.

I suppose his asking price all depends on who owns the ground at the end of it. In his mind, I guess the precedent was set down the road here in Grimsby when the man he's got absolutely nothing in common with (his words, not mine) walked out of failure with all of his money back and £200k profit.

I don't want to see our local rivals go to the wall but I'd love to see Swann go bankrupt. I hope if a new owner comes in, they make the stadium his problem and immediately ground share somewhere else. Gainsborough would be quite a poetic ground share.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 300 - 4548
Rodley Mariner
September 9, 2022, 9:24am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,279
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from RonMariner
Makes you wonder how much he is asking for. Nothing like £11 million surely? After all, Our owners effectively paid £2.5 million for what is clearly a bigger club.

Someone on Twitter reckons £8 million which seems insane but isn't the land Glanford Park is on supposed to be really valuable. The land and the ground that the football club don't actually own anymore.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 301 - 4548
jamesgtfc
September 9, 2022, 9:39am
Vodka Drinker
It looks like Mr Facts Right is issuing red crosses this morning.

Good Morning John, what have you done with that £200k?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 302 - 4548
Heisenberg
September 9, 2022, 11:51am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,111
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Someone on Twitter reckons £8 million which seems insane but isn't the land Glanford Park is on supposed to be really valuable. The land and the ground that the football club don't actually own anymore.....

It’s not as valuable as it used to be, I’d imagine. I haven’t been there in a while but presumably the Debenhams unit remains empty. Can’t be much demand to build new units, and not many people would want to live in a new house there.

I think he’s knackered, as are Scunny, the latter of which makes me very happy, personally.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 303 - 4548
HerveJosse
September 9, 2022, 1:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,210
Gold Stars: 145
Quoted from Heisenberg

It’s not as valuable as it used to be, I’d imagine. I haven’t been there in a while but presumably the Debenhams unit remains empty. Can’t be much demand to build new units, and not many people would want to live in a new house there.

I think he’s knackered, as are Scunny, the latter of which makes me very happy, personally.

Site  and adjoining land ( car park etc )without stadium or as either out of Town retail or residential development I think is currently in the £3- £4m current value bracket . This still makes it worth more then a non league football club with 2000 gates so I can only see this ending one way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 304 - 4548
DB
September 9, 2022, 1:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.35
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,065
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from RonMariner
The really crazy thing is that he had Hurst and MacAtee at the club. If he had given Hurst the support which Jason has, the Scunts would now have a pretty good team on their books. Certainly better than what they have now, and most likely would have avoided relegation last season.

Ok, so this is all with the benefit of hindsight, but from where I am standing it looks like he didn’t give Hurst the time and money to dig them out of a pretty deep hole.

Aren't we the lucky ones. Without Hurst and McAtee we would probably be having a pint with Chalky before a County game. Thank you Swany for helping us, it's the only decent thing you've done.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 305 - 4548
The Yard Dog
September 11, 2022, 10:22pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,521
Gold Stars: 74
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 306 - 4548
aldi_01
September 12, 2022, 3:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The loans for his development in Blackpool are allegedly due…could that force his hand somewhat?

Seeing them lose every week is one thing but seeing them teeter precariously close to extinction is all rather sad. We may laugh at their measly gates but those people love their club and yet again, a despotic owner with no conservation for anything or anyone apart from themselves has ruined a football club.

I’m past caring about rivalry at this stage, there’s a wider problem in football and nobody seems to want to do anything about it, particularly those with the power to do so. How does one meet fit and proper standards without having the money? Surely that’s a key component to meeting the standards?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 307 - 4548
OddShapedBalls
September 12, 2022, 3:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from aldi_01
The loans for his development in Blackpool are allegedly due…could that force his hand somewhat?

Seeing them lose every week is one thing but seeing them teeter precariously close to extinction is all rather sad. We may laugh at their measly gates but those people love their club and yet again, a despotic owner with no conservation for anything or anyone apart from themselves has ruined a football club.

I’m past caring about rivalry at this stage, there’s a wider problem in football and nobody seems to want to do anything about it, particularly those with the power to do so. How does one meet fit and proper standards without having the money? Surely that’s a key component to meeting the standards?

And it's not even at our level (or former level, thanks Hursty!)  - I saw last week that the head of the Spanish FA wants to talk to EUFA about how the premier league is spending too much money and unsustainable etc etc and he's probably got some great points to make but when we hold up the likes of Barcelona and Real to scrutiny he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

It is mad though how chairmen/board can move club stadium ownership on to other companies they own/are part of and it's not dodgy legally speaking.  You'd think the FA (don't laugh) would be all over issues like this, being the custodians of the game and all that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 308 - 4548
jamesgtfc
September 12, 2022, 4:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Neil Cox is speaking to the boys at UndrTheCosh later this week, lots of questions coming through about Scunny so it will be interesting to see what, if anything, he can say about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 309 - 4548
455 Pages Prev ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Scunthorpe.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.