6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
May 11, 2022, 1:24am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Just had a look on the Chesterfield forum and the level of delusion is laughable.

According to them, 7th is better than 6th as they get to play Halifax and Solihull, who they refer to as Birmingham Airport Overspill Car ark FC and they say that neither team has any fans, so their team won't be intimidated at either venue.

One poster even mentioned starting a Solihull score prediction thread and he went with 3-0 to Chesterfield with a Quigley hat trick. He never mentioned the fact that they had to get past Halifax first.

Have they seen the league table and their recent form guide?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 53
Kris2
May 11, 2022, 2:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
I'd rather we not play either of them as our record against them has been quite crap. We actually played much better against the other teams in the playoffs so I'd fancy them more.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 53
chaos33
May 11, 2022, 4:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,999
Gold Stars: 362
I wish we could play Chesterfield. Twice. A one man team for half a season and garbage for the other half.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 53
aldi_01
May 11, 2022, 6:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Chesterfield are weird, I’m sure those deluded fans are in the few but it’s still odd. They’ve essentially limped through the season season the front man got injured. I get it, teams miss their best players but they look shite.

Any half sensible person would realise that Solihull and Halifax are probably the teams you want to avoid. Fans mean nothing, I know some on here have an obsession with how many we take to games etc but in truth it does mean intercourse all. I get the whole creating an atmosphere thing but Solihull and Halifax have literally been hanging around 3rd/4th all season…neither seem to lose games…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 53
Mariner Timsky
May 11, 2022, 10:43am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
Its been a brilliant season all round both on and off the pitch - one of them seasons that you dont really want to end - and how often have we said that over the last 10/15/20 years?!

Could Chesterfield even miss out on 7th still?

A defeat to Woking and a Dagenham win v Wrexham ?!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 53
acko338
May 11, 2022, 12:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,211
Gold Stars: 33
Talking about our game(s) into the play offs, is David Longe-King back in the fold, and available again once Woking have played on Sunday?

Main season over - loan spell complete, still our contracted player?

Not wanting any injuries or further suspensions, but an extra defender body available would be useful to have on board, and he has been playing for them.

Not sure how the loan works with play offs in place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 53
buckstown
May 11, 2022, 1:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,239
Gold Stars: 79
Don’t think many chesterfield fans are remotely delusional. They know they’re limping into the play offs at best, they’re split on Paul Cook although a significant number want him gone
If you look at the forum regularly you’ll note that they know they’ve been appalling since Tshimanga got injured
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 53
lew chaterleys lover
May 11, 2022, 2:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,758
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from buckstown
Don’t think many chesterfield fans are remotely delusional. They know they’re limping into the play offs at best, they’re split on Paul Cook although a significant number want him gone
If you look at the forum regularly you’ll note that they know they’ve been appalling since Tshimanga got injured

It's sad I know but I keep a regular eye out on our rivals via their forums and I think it was just their way of putting a brave face on them likely finishing 7th.

The Chesterfield forum is usually pretty fair and realistic but if they get into the playoffs they have as much chance as us of winning them as it is very much a lottery.

On Twitter the other day the highlights of the Gateshead semi final came up. In the home leg we should have been out of sight but the second leg was a freak event - Macca letting a shot go through his hands, 2 sending offs etc. so anything can and does happen in pressure matches.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 53
Les Brechin
May 11, 2022, 2:59pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,721
Gold Stars: 174
Turns out that Wrexham's biggest game of the season is tonight, and they're not even playing!!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 53
Sconeboy
May 11, 2022, 3:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 2

It's sad I know but I keep a regular eye out on our rivals via their forums and I think it was just their way of putting a brave face on them likely finishing 7th.

The Chesterfield forum is usually pretty fair and realistic but if they get into the playoffs they have as much chance as us of winning them as it is very much a lottery.

On Twitter the other day the highlights of the Gateshead semi final came up. In the home leg we should have been out of sight but the second leg was a freak event - Macca letting a shot go through his hands, 2 sending offs etc. so anything can and does happen in pressure matches.

What an awful day that was!!

<*(((((>< G T F C ><(((((*>
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We're in the play-offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.