Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 68 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 9,229 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Croxton
April 19, 2022, 1:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
I thought  Mani worked hard all game and adapted well to the changes in system and personnel. Due, perhaps to lack of game time, and predictable tiredness, his finishes were not as sharp as his Salford days.
Abrahams was on hand to finish and played his part in linking play and retaining possession. Difficult to judge them on their limited time together on the pitch but we should remember that, even when McAtee is on the pitch, our midfield struggles to retain the ball long enough to apply pressure on defences.
Playing up front for Town can be hard work if midfielders give the ball away or wingers don't win enough corners, free kicks etc.
It was a frenetic, low quality game on a poor pitch in warm weather. Given the changes, and the loss of our best player, we gained an ugly three points. Unless we can establish longer spells of possession on Saturday, we will have more exhausted players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
Eastendmariner
April 19, 2022, 6:38pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +942
Gold Stars: 22
The best thing about today was the train out of Town  Crap ground  the bystanders on the opposite footpath outside had a bettrer view  and as for the Town attack, shambolic  I just didn't enjoy it at all can't afford to miss absolute sitters time and time again .I know i'm being too crtical I wanted a  goal fest

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
TAGG
April 19, 2022, 7:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from headingly_mariner
If you get chance have a listen to the Max Wright interview with JT today.

He’s well aware he’s got little chance of a contract but is clearly just desperate to play and be fit. I really hope he is over his injury troubles he always comes across as a smashing kid.

He was cramping after 55 minutes today and only really showed little flashes of his quality, worked really hard though.

Feel so sorry for Max, Town through and through.
If he could have stayed fit there was no telling how far he could have gone.
https://youtu.be/JJGft8GffyY

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
moosey_club
April 19, 2022, 7:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Both of them were blowing out their rses at the end and their ball control - never good on a bobbly pitch, was getting worse - one would think they should be tip -top fit, but they didn't look match sharp to me either of them.

That's my point, players can't get match fit or match sharp unless they are involved in matches. Especially strikers/ creative players.
Also the state of the pitch shouldn't be underestimated , I don't think there was a player out there yesterday who didnt get caught out by a bobble or lose their footing.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 20, 2022, 8:52am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from TAGG

Feel so sorry for Max, Town through and through.
If he could have stayed fit there was no telling how far he could have gone.
https://youtu.be/JJGft8GffyY

To be fair even if he leaves us it doesnt have to be over for his career, dayle southwell dropped down to play with boston then ended up getting a chance in league 2 with wycombe and has since played alot of football at national league level.
Ive no doubt max wright could be class with regular football
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.