Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 9,231 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
April 18, 2022, 9:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,968
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
An excellent 3,111 there today, well done to everybody who went.

Wrexham had just over 10,000, their biggest home crowd of the season.  Stockport had 9,200.  Along with ourselves and Notts County, this demonstrates that collectively these teams are getting larger attendances than probably any other NL season.

I think most, if not all, of the top half in this league could comfortably hold their own in League 2 with their current squads.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
jonnyboy82
April 18, 2022, 9:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Honestly the worst ground i have ever visited, the way all the town fans were cattled into that shitty away end was disgraceful for £21, they could have put the 20 Kings lynn fans further up the side and gave that to town so we could actually see.

The game could have been 5 nil but for dodgy finishing, the pitch was excrement the atmosphere was excrement and it felt like a friendly probably due to the excrement view everyone had to endure.

Hope i never have to return.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
jamesgtfc
April 18, 2022, 9:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,968
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Jaws
Crazy to think that Kings Lynn made more money from us today than we did from Stockport on Friday.

How do you work that out? Based on 3000 STHs we had 4,800 paying punters against Stockport.

I don't know how many STHs King's Lynn have but i imagine a few hundred of the 3,100 crowd have a ST at over £500 a pop may I add!

The Premier Seating tickets for todays game (where JT had an obstructed view of both goals) were £26 a pop!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
toontown
April 18, 2022, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from jamesgtfc

How do you work that out? Based on 3000 STHs we had 4,800 paying punters against Stockport.

I don't know how many STHs King's Lynn have but i imagine a few hundred of the 3,100 crowd have a ST at over £500 a pop may I add!

The Premier Seating tickets for todays game (where JT had an obstructed view of both goals) were £26 a pop!

I assume he's talking about the money KL made from us (1800+ fans) vs what we made from Stockport (1450 fans)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
dapperz fun pub
April 18, 2022, 9:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,955
Gold Stars: 82
On a brighter note me and the lad ( 21) both got in with jnr tickets a fiver each … so fuk you kings shitty lynn🖤
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
Jaws
April 18, 2022, 9:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from toontown

I assume he's talking about the money KL made from us (1800+ fans) vs what we made from Stockport (1450 fans)

Yes I am (and also the fact we charged £1 less, or £2 less than those who got a seat), edited original post to make this clear.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
aldi_01
April 18, 2022, 9:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
We won. It could’ve been 5. View was atrocious, cost to get in was a rip off, fans scattered about and poor view impacted mood and thr opportunities to create an atmosphere.

Hopefully we never have to return.

The end…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
moosey_club
April 18, 2022, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Would just say that Hurst showing his lack of enthusiasm for the performance of those who came in I can understand in a sense of setting standards but I don't agree he should have done it.
Players like Mani & Abrahams hardly get a sniff, there aren't any reserve games so to expect them a third into a game to work as a front two and hit the ground running and to be match fit/sharp is a bit unrealistic.
Same for Wright with his time out and Fox also returning from injury.
Hurst gambled with all the changes today, got away with it, choosing to go with recovering and bit part players was a gamble, he can say players need to be prepared all he likes but every player knows there is no substitute for playing time to achieve that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
Limerick Mariner
April 18, 2022, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,703
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from aldi_01
We won. It could’ve been 5. View was atrocious, cost to get in was a rip off, fans scattered about and poor view impacted mood and thr opportunities to create an atmosphere.

Hopefully we never have to return.

The end…

I was thinking that it ranked slightly above Belle Vue, Donny before they were relegated out of the league - when they had the cage, as the second-worst away end.

The 4 of us today climbed into the Disabled enclosure (as did a few others) so we could see ok. The steward, about 2 yards away, was rigorously executing his duties guarding the gate into it and the onward route to the seats, and deflecting many creative arguments from Town fans as to why they should be allowed through. He ignored the fence climbing. My daughter observed that was probably because his allocated task was to guard the gate - and he would have to consult his supervisor to expand his duties to stopping fencing climbing.

Going back to Belle Vue, in the pre-cage days the view was ok, that was when the away end was not a terrace but a kind of mound made of slag and clinker. It must have been scary back in 72 mind when I understand most of the 12k crowd were Town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
headingly_mariner
April 18, 2022, 10:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
If you get chance have a listen to the Max Wright interview with JT today.

He’s well aware he’s got little chance of a contract but is clearly just desperate to play and be fit. I really hope he is over his injury troubles he always comes across as a smashing kid.

He was cramping after 55 minutes today and only really showed little flashes of his quality, worked really hard though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.