Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 132 Guests

Just Back  (merged)

This thread currently has 9,230 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
livosnose
April 18, 2022, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,171
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from pontoonlew
If it helps I was listening on the radio and also had no clue what was going on due to some really poor commentary. JT & Crofty never seem to have a clue what’s going om!

Didn’t sound pretty but it’s 3 points and we’re probably 2-3 wins away from the play offs now with some real momentum, just have to hope we don’t capitulate the way we did the last time McAtee was out.

I dont think they could see !

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
Limerick Mariner
April 18, 2022, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,701
Gold Stars: 136
I think we got away with it. Finishing was bordering on the farcical. They never looked like creating but only needs a mistake from a set piece and 2 points dropped. After many of us asking when Harry was going to move into the middle I thought he was again off colour. Just our best XI for the rest of the season please…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
TownSNAFU5
April 18, 2022, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,882
Gold Stars: 42

3 valuable points that puts pressure on our close rivals.  One rival seem to have removed themselves from contention.

[Boreham Wood demonstrated that a long cup run, with a small squad, can damage results. They have lost twice in the last 4 days to both already relegated sides.  Games in hand are usually not as good as they look on paper either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
April 18, 2022, 6:30pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +847
Gold Stars: 117
At this late stage in the season it doesn't matter how good or bad we play, a win is a win is a win.

I'd happily see scrappy games like that, just as long as we score more than the other team.

Its 3 more points than we had this morning
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
HerveJosse
April 18, 2022, 6:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from AussieMariner

I take my hat off to you HJ for finding a way to turn a victory into a failure and a reason to have a go. If only our midfielders were as creative and our forwards as persistent we’d be nailed on for promotion.

A question with two possible answers which I suspect most feel the answer to is finely balanced designed to generate opinions.Hardly worthy of your response unless you want a forum with no debate and one set of opinions only.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
Heswall Mariner
April 18, 2022, 6:36pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +591
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

3 valuable points that puts pressure on our close rivals.  One rival seem to have removed themselves from contention.

[Boreham Wood demonstrated that a long cup run, with a small squad, can damage results. They have lost twice in the last 4 days to both already relegated sides.  Games in hand are usually not as good as they look on paper either.

Believe that after the Everton defeat they went off on a jolly to Dubai? That was what really upset their boat - focus gone - should have left any celebrations to the end of season. Anyway, that has been excellent for us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
Teestogreen
April 18, 2022, 6:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Just wrote a big spiel in support of Barralads thread that got merged (that got wiped with an Error message).Equality Act and any other Act / legislation should be brought to bear on the Kings Lynn board - they have made quite a bit of money out of Town fans today - clean it up!

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
Davec
April 18, 2022, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
Well that was poor from both teams, it looked as so we was knackered after the exertions of Friday and Kings Lynn were very limited.

Mani looked like he won a raffle ticket to play as his all round ball play was poor, the amount of times he had the ball at his feet and he was easily dispossessed, and his finishing in particular was poor, likewise with Abrahams, apart from the goal he didn't offer much but he still did more than Mani I think, Wright apart from a few glimpses was anonymous and Fox looked like he was still getting up to match speed in which of course he is, the back 4, Waterfall Smith and Amos especially were very good but Cropper did a good job too. Scannell looked up for it when he came on and the chance he missed I think the ball bobbled at the worst possible time!

Hopefully some good news on the injury with Mcatee but Hopefully Holohan plays that role as I think he could do a good job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
moosey_club
April 18, 2022, 7:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Scruffy performance, 3 points, one less game to go.

Pitch was fking awful, players from both sides constantly losing their footing and some horrendous bobbles when players kicking the ball. Throw into the mix 4/5 players who aren't match sharp, the oppositions anti football fall over and scream like a female dog approach , unfamiliar partnerships starting then it was never going to be a classic.

3 points in the bag and a speedy recovery for Mcatee hopefully.

I do hope the club make some official comment complaint about the lack of view for many. Would have had a better view from a tree in the park behind the home end.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
MuddyWaters
April 18, 2022, 7:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
It appears from his post match interview that PH wasn’t terribly impressed either.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back  (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.