6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 16, 2022, 10:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,125
Gold Stars: 548
JMD has said himself that he's not properly up to speed yet and is lacking a bit of fitness. I don't think he'll ever be racing around like McAtee or shooting down the wing past full backs like Sousa, but he is a clever player and he sees things. He has the composure not to rush when situations present themselves.

You need a bit of everything in a good team and his end product is already showing.

Like Hurst said though, we need to be more ruthless and score the bread and butter goals. We are getting in good situations but I think a lack of confidence is evident after our poor run. Get a good run of results going and the goals will come. I do however think we desperately need another attacking option or two and Hurst has said as much. Think we will see someone in next week hopefully.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 53
Swansea_Mariner
January 17, 2022, 5:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
That and the shot against Halifax off the crossbar reminds me of Connell striking the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 53
HertsGTFC
January 17, 2022, 8:06pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from DaleH
Two spectacular individual goals, of which both were worthy of winning any game.

What we need now though, is the team creating clear cut chances for ordinary goals, because that’s the bread and butter stuff that will provide consistency. Worldys like the two scored yesterday will be few and far between. We need to start creating and scoring ordinary goals.

PH was sort of alluding to this in his post match interview, and that inspires me with confidence that is what he’s working towards. That can only be positive.

I’m certainly not concerned that we have a lack of finishers. For me, my concern is that we have lacked final ball creativity in our attacking play. I feel we’ve lacked a couple of central midfield creative players. Hunt looked okay, but was still very inexperienced when compared to the likes of a Disley. I’m not a massive Coke fan if I’m honest either. Fox looks like a decent option in that area though. He’s impressed me this season, and I think PH can improve him even more.

If we can find some quality in the middle of the park, I think things will improve. It’s key to unlocking the need to the ordinary and effective attacking play. The bread and butter stuff

Agree on this, what I noticed on Saturday that when we did get in behind them or able to get crosses in we could have done with a mobile midfielder making a run into the box either to receive the pass or pull their defenders about. A player that could do this as well as pick a pass would be valuable.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 53
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 17, 2022, 8:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,825
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
That and the shot against Halifax off the crossbar reminds me of Connell striking the ball.

JMD reminds me of Ian Woan. As one paced as a techno track but with a left foot so sharp that it could prevent Frank Lampard from getting a driving ban.

Although JMD’s right foot isn’t bad either. If we keep him fit and get him on the ball in the final third, he should be quite a catch.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › McAtee and Maguire-Drew

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.