Kris2
January 15, 2022, 4:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from mimma
Since player's salaries are private and confidencial, I like to know where you all got your figures from?

Football Manager games mostly. People just assume they are accurate salaries.
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 89
Kris2
January 15, 2022, 4:30am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Wiley2405
What’s the current rumour and what’s the Tesco rumour?  

Comes across as a good bloke to me and served the club very well.

Nobody will tell you here outside of their Facebook hug boxes where they make up crap and believe it. Lots of talk of "oh I heard a rumour" here but nobody is giving details or providing evidence because there isn't any and they might actually get called out on BS here.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 89
GollyGTFC
January 15, 2022, 6:14am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,960
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from realist

Get real, he is rubbish and doesn't deserve to be in the team. He should have gone a few years ago when he threw his toys out of the pram. Needs to go along with LJL asap

You’ll have to narrow it down to which time he threw his toys out of the pram you are referring to?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 89
GollyGTFC
January 15, 2022, 6:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mimma
Since player's salaries are private and confidencial, I like to know where you all got your figures from?

You serious believe that? Players talk to other players (teammates and at other clubs). Some players have big mouths and talk to other people.

Re: Macca. He was the highest earner at GTFC and club captain. We then signed James Hanson on £2,500 a week & Macca had a temper tantrum literally on the eve of the new season (19/20) & Fenty buckled & matched it.

I was told a month or so back that Macca will be leaving at the end of the season. I took it with a pinch of salt as he was still in the team, but he was dropped about a week later.

We will see, but I imagine he’d have to swallow a huge pay cut if he did stay at the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 53 - 89
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2022, 7:48am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Unless you’ve seen a players pay slip or input the salaries at GTFC you don’t know what a player truly earns and speculation based upon “I was told by” just completely lacks credibility. Unless like John Arne Risse Macca’s payslip miraculously appears on line you’ll never know.

Macca has had a run of patchy form and has been dropped, simple as that.

Is Crowcombe any better? From what I’ve seen they are quite similar but if one player isn’t playing well or not in the right head space it makes sense to refresh it.

If Macca wants away at the end of the season then he better get his shirt back soon as the 2nd choice keeper from a mid table national league club isn’t exactly hot properly.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 89
GollyGTFC
January 15, 2022, 8:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Unless you’ve seen a players pay slip or input the salaries at GTFC you don’t know what a player truly earns and speculation based upon “I was told by” just completely lacks credibility. Unless like John Arne Risse Macca’s payslip miraculously appears on line you’ll never know.

Macca has had a run of patchy form and has been dropped, simple as that.

Is Crowcombe any better? From what I’ve seen they are quite similar but if one player isn’t playing well or not in the right head space it makes sense to refresh it.

If Macca wants away at the end of the season then he better get his shirt back soon as the 2nd choice keeper from a mid table national league club isn’t exactly hot properly.  

Who said McKeown wants to leave?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 89
dapperz fun pub
January 15, 2022, 8:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Simon

All pie in the sky, some people just like chatting excrement

Just because you don’t know anyone involved in pro football / semi pro football some of us do  hope that helps.  Now in truth I don’t know if the figures are true but I do know this guy has been involved in pro and semi pro football for years and other stuff he’s told me was true.  Like someone else said some players talk and even some coaches spout off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 89
quebec38
January 15, 2022, 8:23am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,575
Gold Stars: 48
Love Macca but for me I can’t remember any recent examples of him doing the stuff that allowed us to overlook his weaknesses. By recent I mean this season before he was replaced by Crocombe. I have liked what I’ve seen so far from Crocombe. He’s obviously got his weaknesses too (who doesn’t at this level) but I see him as a more confident character when leaving his line. I couldn’t make Tuesday so can’t comment there but I see him as a better kicker too. Possibly made a bit of an error against Halifax at home but hopefully he’s learnt from that.
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 89
dapperz fun pub
January 15, 2022, 8:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from quebec38
Love Macca but for me I can’t remember any recent examples of him doing the stuff that allowed us to overlook his weaknesses. By recent I mean this season before he was replaced by Crocombe. I have liked what I’ve seen so far from Crocombe. He’s obviously got his weaknesses too (who doesn’t at this level) but I see him as a more confident character when leaving his line. I couldn’t make Tuesday so can’t comment there but I see him as a better kicker too. Possibly made a bit of an error against Halifax at home but hopefully he’s learnt from that.

Bang on the button this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 89
HertsGTFC
January 15, 2022, 8:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Who said McKeown wants to leave?

Exactly!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.