9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
January 14, 2022, 6:25pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Bloke certainly deserves a lot more respect than some on here show.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 89
ginnywings
January 14, 2022, 7:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

You can't be transparent about a rumour that could well of been made by a 12 year old on facebook....

Yeah, because rumours are the lifeblood of football forums, so they are seized upon.

I've heard quite a few of the same things said about a bit of needle behind the scenes from quite a few people going back a few weeks now and eventually you start to think there maybe something in it. Heard the same again today and not from the type of fans who go chucking rumours about on social media.

The Macca stuff, I only heard today for the first time from a guy I bumped into at a timber yard. It was a bit noisy and I'm a bit mutton, so he may have said Macca is selling PPE to teachers.  

What's the saying? A lie is half way around the world before the truth has a chance to put it's pants on.

Don't think anyone means any disrespect from passing along gossip. It's human nature.

Unless it is malicious and unfounded.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 89
aldi_01
January 14, 2022, 7:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think Macca rumours are almost too bonkers to made up, I don’t think anyones showing him any disrespect though.

Again, the issues with the so called stuff behind the scenes etc has clearly an element of truth given the loanees going back and dip in form etc…especially, when, as folk have said, the sorts of folk now talking about them aren’t the sort to just make stuff up.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 89
Northbank Mariner
January 14, 2022, 7:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Twitterati is at its best tonight, apparently Maccas been told he's surplus to requirements and is free to leave or will be released in the summer.....and don't even look at the replies on the GTFC Twitter about the new signings, embarrassing doesn't begin to describe how I some people are behaving.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 89
dapperz fun pub
January 14, 2022, 7:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,880
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Hagrid
Bloke certainly deserves a lot more respect than some on here show.

Perhaps but when he had a right hissy fit when hendo was here he showed his true colours to me. He’s had  a very good living considering he’s a average level 5 keeper. The Tesco rumour surfaced around November no idea if true of false tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 89
Wiley2405
January 14, 2022, 7:36pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
What’s the current rumour and what’s the Tesco rumour?  

Comes across as a good bloke to me and served the club very well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 89
davmariner
January 14, 2022, 7:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Perhaps but when he had a right hissy fit when hendo was here he showed his true colours to me. He’s had  a very good living considering he’s a average level 5 keeper. The Tesco rumour surfaced around November no idea if true of false tbh

Are we really gonna keep beating the guy with this one? He submitted a transfer request because Bignot was a d1ckhead, not because he was dropped. He’s since been dropped a few times and not done anything to suggest that he’s anything but a pro that’s working hard to get back in the team.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 89
dapperz fun pub
January 14, 2022, 10:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,880
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from davmariner

Are we really gonna keep beating the guy with this one? He submitted a transfer request because Bignot was a d1ckhead, not because he was dropped. He’s since been dropped a few times and not done anything to suggest that he’s anything but a pro that’s working hard to get back in the team.

No one’s beating anyone ….and I didn’t say he wasn’t a good pro. I did say he was a average level five keeper which he is. For me he’s a part of a terrible part of our history I’m not saying it’s his fault but he was still a part of it.  I want better simple as
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 89
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2022, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
He’s a keeper whose weaknesses are as obvious as his strengths. Problem is that distribution and mobility are becoming more important in the game and they are two of his weaker facets.

He’s ok at this level but so is Crocombe. Crocombe is probably substantially cheaper.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 89
ginnywings
January 14, 2022, 10:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters
He’s a keeper whose weaknesses are as obvious as his strengths. Problem is that distribution and mobility are becoming more important in the game and they are two of his weaker facets.

He’s ok at this level but so is Crocombe. Crocombe is probably substantially cheaper.

We will probably get 2 keepers for what Macca is costing. Not knocking him; he negotiated a good contract when his stock was at it's highest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.