Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Hagrid
well now the tesco rumour has done the rounds hasnt it

I got told Tuesday he's been told he an leave the club

Who knows!

Heard the same, although I haven't heard the Tesco rumour. Have heard he has passed his qualifications to become a PE teacher and is probably looking at a career change.

Also heard that there was some disharmony in the club over the behaviour of the younger players and the Sears incident, which involved three of those younger players. There was a bit of handbags at the Christmas do apparently and it all started after the Bromsgrove cup tie, which would explain loss of form and players suddenly missing from the team.

Sounds feasible.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 89
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2022, 3:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
For me, Macca is not the first-choice keeper.

Seems that Hurst feels the same.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 89
forza ivano
January 14, 2022, 3:47pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
can't see Macca going now - there's still some testimonial things to be held , so think he will sit tight on his very generous contract until it finishes in May. It's his last big payday - as he will find out if he becomes a newly qualified teacher!

certainly going to save a shed load of money once he goes.As I've said before I'm sure we will find a better keeper for about half the money James is on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 89
aldi_01
January 14, 2022, 3:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
If Macca has qualified as a PE teacher that’s great but he beat sit tight because he’ll not see a wage packet like he gets now again…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 89
diehardmariner
January 14, 2022, 4:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,545
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from tashee69

The 5 ???? W1 & L3. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3...4....all these losses just blur into one.  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 89
MuddyWaters
January 14, 2022, 4:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
For all the promised transparency, there seems to be a lot of rumour and salacious tittle tattle about.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 89
Poojah
January 14, 2022, 4:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,472
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from aldi_01
If Macca has qualified as a PE teacher that’s great but he beat sit tight because he’ll not see a wage packet like he gets now again…

That’s just football though, ‘innit? Not many, apart from those perhaps who are either part-time or who have invested their money very wisely will go into earn more than they did from football, post-retirement.

He’s 33 in the summer - if I were him I’d be doing everything I could to eek a last couple of years of full-time football somewhere, before maybe finishing up and doing another 2 or 3 years part time-whilst setting-up a new career.

I suspect he’s done pretty well though for a player who’s never played regularly for a side finishing higher than 14th in League Two.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 89
forza ivano
January 14, 2022, 4:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Poojah

That’s just football though, ‘innit? Not many, apart from those perhaps who either part-time or who have invested their money very wisely will go into earn more than they did from football, post-retirement.

He’s 33 in the summer - if I were him I’d be doing everything I could to eek a last couple of years of full-time football somewhere, before maybe finishing up and doing another 2 or 3 years part time-whilst setting-up a new career.

I suspect he’s done pretty well though for a player who’s never played regularly for a side finishing higher than 14th in League Two.

could probably combine the 2 - am sure he could get c£500 p.w. playing part time, so doubling his teaching wage!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 89
aldi_01
January 14, 2022, 4:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Poojah

That’s just football though, ‘innit? Not many, apart from those perhaps who either part-time or who have invested their money very wisely will go into earn more than they did from football, post-retirement.

Agreed…if I were him I’d be certainly eeking out for a couple more years. He’ll never earn the same money again but in ten years or so he could be back up to a wage he thinks is decent…

It’s all very odd though, and seems the unasked question in interview…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 89
Jarmo.Is.God
January 14, 2022, 4:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from MuddyWaters
For all the promised transparency, there seems to be a lot of rumour and salacious tittle tattle about.

You can't be transparent about a rumour that could well of been made by a 12 year old on facebook....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macca

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.