Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bapaga and Revan (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 230 Guests

Bapaga and Revan (merged)

This thread currently has 4,844 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
January 12, 2022, 11:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Revan doesn't really look ready for men's football yet, but will perhaps develop into a reasonable enough player given time. I can't see any way he'll be a Premier League player, however.

Bapaga started poorly, had a purple patch but then became ineffective once again and dropped out of the team.

I can't help but think that it must be especially tough for young players to move miles away from friends and family during the middle of a pandemic and it's not a surprise that many of them don't have the ability to settle in well.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
crusty ole pie
January 12, 2022, 11:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Poojah

Hard to disagree with that. Whatever context you apply to it, things simply haven’t been good enough on and off the pitch since late October, and as a staunch fan of Hurst and the new board things are close to becoming unacceptable.

Agreed this is showing signs of poor management if you take players on loan from higher up the pyramid than you must give them a chance even if it’s on the bench but constantly overlooking them of course the parent club will recall
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
Chrisblor
January 12, 2022, 11:19am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,790
Gold Stars: 234
I don't see why we gave up on Bapaga. In open play he was a bit inconsistent, but still capable of scoring the odd goal, however I've never seen a player so adept at winning penalties. He must have drawn about 4 or 5 of them and JFC we could do with someone like that in our current form

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
crusty ole pie
January 12, 2022, 11:24am

Whiskey Drinker
Just had a quick count on cod almighty that leaves us with about 20 players to call on and4 of them are keepers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
jamesgtfc
January 12, 2022, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,956
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Just had a quick count on cod almighty that leaves us with about 20 players to call on and4 of the are keepers

Jimmy Mac started out as a striker...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
pontoonlew
January 12, 2022, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Maringer
Revan doesn't really look ready for men's football yet, but will perhaps develop into a reasonable enough player given time. I can't see any way he'll be a Premier League player, however.

Bapaga started poorly, had a purple patch but then became ineffective once again and dropped out of the team.

I can't help but think that it must be especially tough for young players to move miles away from friends and family during the middle of a pandemic and it's not a surprise that many of them don't have the ability to settle in well.

Sorry, when did Bapaga become ineffective? His 'purple patch' happened when he won 3 penalties and scored twice in 3 games. He started one game after his ridiculously harsh red card and was limited to 43 minutes from the bench, all whilst in a losing position.

I accept some might want to back Hursts decision here but let's not reinvent history
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
Dave Gilberts Left Peg
January 12, 2022, 11:38am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +2 / -5
Approval: -158
Gold Stars: 78
Can the last player at Town please turn off the lights, I know he wants a sustainable club but this is going to far

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
TwoLeftFeet
January 12, 2022, 11:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Thought Bapaga had some ability not sure what happened there but we didn't get best out of him... why?

Was it the player or perhaps the management team not giving him the encouragement needed.. perhaps both..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
crusty ole pie
January 12, 2022, 11:47am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Jimmy Mac started out as a striker...

Don’t jest
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Les Brechin
January 12, 2022, 11:47am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,708
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Chrisblor
I don't see why we gave up on Bapaga. In open play he was a bit inconsistent, but still capable of scoring the odd goal, however I've never seen a player so adept at winning penalties. He must have drawn about 4 or 5 of them and JFC we could do with someone like that in our current form

You're too young to remember Jack Lester then?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bapaga and Revan (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.