Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bapaga and Revan (merged)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 312 Guests

Bapaga and Revan (merged)

This thread currently has 4,841 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
heppy88
January 12, 2022, 2:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from psgmariner
We are currently not good enough so new players are obviously welcome but doesn't sit well with the 'building a team' ethos we've heard about for the last 12 months of Hurst's reign.

Handy to have the 'time to gel' card back available though.

Hit the nail on the head. Never really understood the team building mantra that many on here spout to defend, what is ultimately poor management, on and off the pitch. Most seasons we see basically a new team, so where in that is team building? Basically many of these players are not up to the task but they are HURSTS players. To be honest though, the effort exists and the potential for better was in evidence earlier in the season. The common denominator in this whole sorry sh!t show is Hurst. I know many on here are unwilling to accept it, but he is not up to the job. Sooner or later he will be gone and then the whole sorry, merry go round will start again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 35
jonnyboy82
January 12, 2022, 2:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Tbh the way we have treated loans over the last couple of seasons clubs will be thinking what's the point of sending them to Grimsby when they don't get played for some reason after a few weeks.

This goes back to last season or even before, we have a weird obsession of bringing loans in playing them then dropping them even if they found form or not.  

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 35
buckstown
January 12, 2022, 3:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,179
Gold Stars: 79
Most young players are inconsistent, it's part of the learning curve. When you take one on loan it's part of the deal and surely you have to stick with them or get rid?
If you're not prepared to do that you have to get permanent deals over the line or take experienced players on loan. Trouble is who loans out proven, experienced players?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 35
ginnywings
January 12, 2022, 4:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Surely Bapaga became surplus to requirements once we signed JMD on a permanent contract. Revan is currently not good enough and of all the loanees, only Towler and Hunt would be of the required standard to go beyond January. Towler was recalled and we couldn't reach a deal for Hunt, despite trying.

We have enough wide players at the club, so keeping Bapaga doesn't make sense if we want to move away from loan deals.

The acid test will be what we do now to bolster the squad. We need a couple of defenders, a midfielder or two and a striker I reckon. Finding the right players that want to come here permanently is obviously proving difficult, so I would expect a mix of more experienced loans and a couple of permanent signings in the coming days/weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 35
Mariner_501
January 12, 2022, 5:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Need like 7 players now. 0 faith in Hurst to 7 players in, never mind 7 good players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 35
toontown
January 12, 2022, 10:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ginnywings
Surely Bapaga became surplus to requirements once we signed JMD on a permanent contract. Revan is currently not good enough and of all the loanees, only Towler and Hunt would be of the required standard to go beyond January. Towler was recalled and we couldn't reach a deal for Hunt, despite trying.

We have enough wide players at the club, so keeping Bapaga doesn't make sense if we want to move away from loan deals.

The acid test will be what we do now to bolster the squad. We need a couple of defenders, a midfielder or two and a striker I reckon. Finding the right players that want to come here permanently is obviously proving difficult, so I would expect a mix of more experienced loans and a couple of permanent signings in the coming days/weeks.

I see what yiur saying but was bapaga underused whilst we did have him? for me yes, I feel he offered something different and was worth trying at least as a sub, more than he was. But i think the bad run put Hurst off playing him as he sought draws to arrest the defeats, and wanted a hard worker. Perhaps also he wanted Coventry to recall him to free up another loan spot if his mind was made up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bapaga and Revan (merged)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.