7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
December 8, 2021, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,885
Gold Stars: 383
Hurst has intimated that the revolving door will be in operation come January, so who's going?

Will we want to keep Hunt, Towler and Bell? Hunt certainly has gone off the boil in the last few weeks so is he worth a further loan while Towler blows hot and cold. Should we end the loans spells of Revan and Bapaga early? Bapagas form seems to have gone downhill while Revan has struggled too.

What about Max, who has struggled with his injuries, along with Grant and Scannell who has not played this season? Like him or not is Lennie worth persevering with any more as he cannot shoot nor did he hold the ball up in his last outing. Is McAtee the one who another club is willing to pay cash for? and are the Macca transfer rumours true or hearsay?

Should we pay some of them off and make way for new blood. Talking of which that No 9 shirt is still empty and we need somebody to help out with the left defence role.

Whichever way you look at January it certainly appears to look interesting for us.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Southwark Mariner
December 8, 2021, 10:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Merry Christmas to you too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 66
DB
December 8, 2021, 10:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,885
Gold Stars: 383
Thank you, I intend to have one remembering the birth of Jesus Christ. I hope you have a merry Christmas too.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 66
Stew0_0
December 8, 2021, 11:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,199
Gold Stars: 35
Shouldnt talking about this now till after xmas. But have a feeling Revan and Bapaga will be sent back to there clubs in January. Cant see a place near the side for Spokes and think Danny Rose will have his deal terminated.
Still dont know what Hursts plans are for Grant and Scannell as they seem to have been training for some time but nowhere near the squad
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 66
Northbank Mariner
December 9, 2021, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,388
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Stew0_0
Shouldnt talking about this now till after xmas. But have a feeling Revan and Bapaga will be sent back to there clubs in January. Cant see a place near the side for Spokes and think Danny Rose will have his deal terminated.
Still dont know what Hursts plans are for Grant and Scannell as they seem to have been training for some time but nowhere near the squad

Think you could add DLK to that list, reading between the lines I don't think Hurst is enamoured with him tbh
Don't be surprised to see Spokes, Grant, Scannell put up for loan , Rose to have his contract mutually terminated, Wright loaned out.
He'll hope to get extensions on Hunt, Bell and Towler then probably look at bringing in 3-5 new bodies.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 66
devs
December 9, 2021, 8:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
I don't get this Hunt has lost form - he started off brilliantly and has dipped a little from that but he was never going to keep that standard up
Ben Fox seems to escape any kind of criticism on here and I don't think he is exactly pulling up any trees... but he runs around a lot so he will be fine
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 66
jamesgtfc
December 9, 2021, 8:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
I think Towler playing LB on Saturday means a new left back will be recruited and Revan will be sent back. I think Sears will be gone once he's replaced too. I think Coke needs to step it up a bit, he's the captain and barely getting on the pitch.

Hurst probably wants the keep Hunt but that depends on what Wednesday want to do. The same applies to Towler and Bristol City.

It's the final fixture of 2021 in just under 3 weeks time and we are still no closer to seeing Scannell and Grant play in the league. You can add Wright to that list too as he only seems capable of doing laps of Cheapside. The signing of JMD also tells me that Hurst is losing patience with his fragile wingers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 66
Garth
December 9, 2021, 9:16am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from devs
I don't get this Hunt has lost form - he started off brilliantly and has dipped a little from that but he was never going to keep that standard up
Ben Fox seems to escape any kind of criticism on here and I don't think he is exactly pulling up any trees... but he runs around a lot so he will be fine

Make a good postman, loads of legwork, poor delivery
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 66
golfer
December 9, 2021, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,375
Gold Stars: 112
Keep Mcatee and Sousa and Waterfall  ---get rid of the rest as soon as possible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 66
AndyDarloFC
December 9, 2021, 10:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
If we could afford him, I’m sure we’d love to keep Rose permanently.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 66
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Who's out in January

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.